Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do You Believe In Liberland, The World's Most Libertarian State?
This poll is closed.
Yes! I Am a Proud Contributor to the New Jeffersonian Democracy. 2 12.50%
Yes, And I Will Begin Donating Non-Fiat Currency Shortly. 2 12.50%
Yes, But It Would Be Inconsistent With My Moral Philosophy To Give Without Recompense. 5 31.25%
http://i.imgur.com/nIel99u.jpg 7 43.75%
Total: 8 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Last Monday the Eurosceptic Czech politician Vit Jedlicka and two other libertarians declared this 7 sq km (2.7 sq miles) of Serbo-Croat no-man’s-land the world’s newest sovereign state, naming it Liberland.

“Taxation will be optional and people will only finance specific development projects,” says Jedlicka. “We have to see how the foreign ministries react and we need to explain to them the kind of prosperity we can bring to the region. It will bring in money from all over the world: not only to Liberland, which would be a tax haven, but to the whole area. We could turn this area into a Monaco, Liechtenstein or Hong Kong.

In the week since Liberland announced its creation and invited prospective residents to join the project, they have received about 200,000 citizenship applications – one every three seconds – from almost every country in the world.

Liberland already has a motto – “Live and let live” – and its own flag. “The yellow in the flag represents liberty, blue the Danube and black represents our resistance against the system. The tree stands for abundance, the bird for freedom and the sun energy,” Jedlicka says. A national anthem is currently being composed by a straight-edge Czech rapper.

#IStandWithLiberland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
how is this computer related?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Shaggar posted:

how is this computer related?

Only the Internet (aka computers) would allow the exchange of ideas that underpins this grand endeavour to flourish.

“The variety of people showing interest in Liberland is amazing,” he says. “A French policeman has volunteered; a Montenegrin lawyer has said he will help us with the constitution and serve as a judge. We have an Egyptian plumber and a German data management professional.

Prospective citizens are also offering Liberland their expertise in areas from solar power and telecoms to town planning and coin minting. “There is a spontaneous ordering taking place,” Jedlicka says. “People have planned the whole city in three days and others really want to move in and invest … what seemed like a dream now really looks possible.”

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
gently caress, I forgot the most important part

https://github.com/liberland/liberland

#forkthecountry

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'll start the wiki oh wait someone already has

I'll deface the wiki

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
new bioshock location not very inventive

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
there's some other neighboring microstate that claims the territory liberland is on too

i'd like to see two groups of crazy libertarians get into a shooting war

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
rond
paul
16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Tiny Bug Child posted:

there's some other neighboring microstate that claims the territory liberland is on too

i'd like to see two groups of crazy libertarians get into a shooting war

apparently no one, not even the founders, actually lives in liberland

also

"I am aware there is flooding from time to time. If we have that problem, we will be Venice some parts of the year. If it was a big deal we would build a city on [stilts]; that also could be nice. There are so many possibilities."

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Boxturret posted:

new bioshock location not very inventive

Bioshock Vacant Lot

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
im the attempt to annex a piece of the balkans

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PleasingFungus posted:

Only the Internet (aka computers) would allow the exchange of ideas that underpins this grand endeavour to flourish.

we should literally just reformat the internet and make it entirely moderated so all these hosed up echochambers will never happen again

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That looks a lot like the city of Pittsburgh's flag.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pittsburgh cause its a pit

Apr 7, 2003

Actually Pittsburgh is good.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

That looks a lot like the city of Pittsburgh's flag.

It's the Paris of the Balkans.

Apr 7, 2003

They have fine local universities and a wonderful food scene.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Citizen Tayne posted:

They have fine local universities and a wonderful food scene.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

PleasingFungus posted:

apparently no one, not even the founders, actually lives in liberland

also

"I am aware there is flooding from time to time. If we have that problem, we will be Venice some parts of the year. If it was a big deal we would build a city on [stilts]; that also could be nice. There are so many possibilities."

the actual libertarian response to someone building a house that gets destroyed in a flood is "lol that's your own fault for not putting your building on stilts"

Apr 7, 2003

Your search doesn't work, ask google to fix it

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
pittsburgh is so pretty

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

why is linux sponsoring their hockey team?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

why is linux sponsoring their hockey team?

2016 year of pittsburgh on the map

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the marketing department at linux has obv gone mad with power

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Bioshock Vacant Lot

population: tire

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Space-Pope posted:

im the attempt to annex a piece of the balkans

what's the worst that could happen, being literally between the Serbs and the Croats?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

also didn't they post something about not wanting any Russian or Chinese people?

and about having a low age of consent?

they seem to be classy, these libertarian types.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Did you mean: Pissburg?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Did you mean: Badassburg?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I would watch this reality show if you put a bunch of libertarian nerds on an island with no laws and allowed them to build a society.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

The Management posted:

I would watch this reality show if you put a bunch of libertarian nerds on an island with no laws and allowed them to build a society.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

everyone dies of cholera by episode 4 because they all thought digging a toilet was beneath them

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sweevo posted:

everyone dies of cholera by episode 4 because they all thought digging a toilet was beneath them

The free market will cause a laborer to appear you see because

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
liberland: where plumbers are kings

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i cant think of a better idea than setting up a new country that by definition will have no police or army in the middle of the balkans

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
liberland: come for the cholera and pink eye, stay for the inevitable warcrimes

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

i cant think of a better idea than setting up a new country that by definition will have no police or army in the middle of the balkans

what if they were a different religion than their neighbors?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
wow i'mr eally disliking this thread

please gas+ban op

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Granbar posted:

wow i'mr eally disliking this thread

please gas+ban op

yeah, agreed.

• Locked thread