Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Hell is amazing, Sakura is the best :geno: girl ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
Hell is pretty amazing.

I like how they actually do get paid in Debt Hell. It's just a huge bureaucratic nightmare to actually get it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo, I can't believe some of the gags they managed to pull off.

Oh, it's a tail

I like mature women

Rinne had that as the plan from the beginning

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Phobophilia posted:

Holy poo poo, I can't believe some of the gags they managed to pull off.

Oh, it's a tail

I like mature women

Rinne had that as the plan from the beginning

Yeah, the gags in this show are great, stuff like ~Magical✭Rinne-chan~ played completely straight is amazing. :allears:

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
The sheer amount of deadpan this show manages is really quite impressive. Works great with how ridiculous everything is.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Classy Hydra posted:

The sheer amount of deadpan this show manages is really quite impressive. Works great with how ridiculous everything is.

Oddly enough this episode reminded me of Monty Python sometimes, just with a more deadpan delivery. I mean "Yearly High School Drag Competition"? I could totally see that coming right out of a Python skit.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This show's definitely getting its legs under it.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Holy poo poo, Rinne's dad is the worst. :gonk:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The scum levels are impressive.

Though I admit I was expecting him to be a more Herb or Saffronesque serious villain.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I never noticed Genma on the cash before this episode.

Worse dad: Sabato or Genma?

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
Sabato is pretty entertaining. This show's been surprisingly resistant to becoming even slightly serious.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I expected the new member of this love triangle to be annoying, but she instead turned out to be adorably hilarious.

Also, that poor skeleton picked an awful timing, he turned up just in time to be made an example of.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

I expected the new member of this love triangle to be annoying, but she instead turned out to be adorably hilarious.

Also, that poor skeleton picked an awful timing, he turned up just in time to be made an example of.

I liked how everyone's memories of things kept getting more and more warped and with the last set Rinne goes all "That isn't what happened!" to his own memory.

Next episode is gonna be great, it's all a glorious clusterfuck just waiting to happen. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sabato is such a poo poo :allears:

rvm
May 6, 2013
This show is consistently fun. That Rashomon hand holding was brilliant.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Sabato -- father of the year. Just in time for Father's Day.

"If I find him, I'm going to be the crap out of him and his family."
"...I need my crap."

Great line.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sakura's completely bland reaction to everything is so good. I'd hope she never falls for goofus or gallant but that's a pipe dream.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Oh, a new OP already. Also, Rinne is starting to deadpan react to things, it's pretty great.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo the new OP is awful. I don't mind singers with unpolished sounds (like nano.ripe), but this is just painful to listen to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The song is awful and it's full of recycled footage from the first op so yeah we've got a real winner here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ageha a cute

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm getting some serious vintage Ranma vibes from this, which is good because Ranma rocked.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I'm sad this show doesn't get more attention. The sense of humor is unique and fantastic.

More Ranma cameos in the newest episode!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am so far behind. I enjoy it, but there's nothing grabbing me to watch more.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Yeah, I never fail to enjoy the show when I watch it, but it's always on the bottom of my list to get caught up on.

I still like it, but man it's hella episodic even by Rumiko standards.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
We got a face floating in the sky at the end of this episode! Very, very 80s, in such a good way.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god I forgot this show existed.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

One more episode! And a second, two-cour season was announced for Spring 2016!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The second season has been going on for a while and it's very powerful

https://my.mixtape.moe/yffijr.webm

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i should catch up on this show

is the opening theme fixed now?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

It's different. I like it, though the visual is a bit boring.

The season is slower than the last - same humour, but at a pace that says "I'm taking my time, I've earned this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

The new season's OP is much better than the 2nd OP, so you don't need to worry about that. Also, one episode has a really good fight between Rinne and Kain that doesn't involve a single attack being made.

I'm really glad that this anime exists.

• Locked thread