Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Oddly, though Free Willy 1 through 4 does exist. This isn't a parody thread though, I just thought you guys should know. I'd actually planned this post before I saw the other ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

does willy repeatedly get captured again or what. why are there sequels

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
theyre probably freeing his family

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I don't know. I tried to read the plot descriptions but it's like when somebody posts a 2000 word OP in E/N and you scan through for parts about sex or criminality and there just aren't any.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
How many Willys were there to free after the first one? Also, what's the correct plural of Willy?

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Not yet!

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
The Free Willy sequels detail the emancipation and armament of all Orcas in captivity, resulting in a massive interspecies war between the humans and the long-oppressed cetaceans.

At the end of the fourth movie, as a bomb falls towards Jesse, Willy launches himself out of the water, over Jesse's head, and into the path of the bomb. It detonates, and Willy's sacrifice shields his friend and emancipator from the blast.

The well-organized marine life manage to recover from the ocean floor several of the many nuclear warheads that have sunk over the years. They threaten massive retaliation if their demands aren't met. The President (played by Walter Matthau) doesn't take these threats seriously and refuses to "surrender to a buncha clickkity dolphins!"

The series ends with a montage showing the atomic destruction of Seattle, Tokyo, and Pearl Harbor.

Nameless_Steve fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Free Money

to whoever kills op

• Locked thread