Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
apple
was better with stebe
should know better than to piss me off
should bring back the iphone 4
is crazy for pricing gold watches over 1k
should make me a sandwich
is doing the best it can
is the worst
checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Valeyard posted:

actually its microsoft that makes windows, not apple!!!

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

apple makes both the best computers as well as the worlds most advanced operating system

Actually you are thinking of Microsoft, Lenovo, and "lol if u bought a desktop computer that wasn't parts"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Durrrrr I'm just going to buy a desktop computer off the shelf. Maybe after I'll smash my genitals between two rocks! Durr durrrrr durrrrrrrrrRR

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Durrrrr I'm just going to buy a desktop computer off the shelf. Maybe after I'll smash my genitals between two rocks! Durr durrrrr durrrrrrrrrRR

trap sprung

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

maniacdevnull posted:

the HP Z840 is an ok desktop

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

agreed

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Perplx posted:

the HP Z840 is an ok desktop

the SOE on our Z machines have all sorts of problems

might be the applications to blame though

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

maniacdevnull posted:

nice meltdown, also :agreed:

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

quote:

HP Z840 Workstation
  • Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 8.1 Pro 64)
  • Intel® Xeon® E5 processor
  • 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4 ECC Registered RAM (4 x 4 GB)
  • Not Included

seems ok except for the not included

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
windows 8 is good and change is good

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
One of the head dudes where I work wants a large touch screen TV so he can pretend to be Tom Cruise in Minority Report while speaking to other dweebs. But he refuses to use any device other than a Mac

He can't get swiping, zooming, transferring, annotating a powerpoint or shared presentations to work. I plugged in a Windows 8 laptop and demonstrated all that poo poo in about 5 minutes.

Still refuses to use anything but his Mac

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

One of the head dudes where I work wants a large touch screen TV so he can pretend to be Tom Cruise in Minority Report while speaking to other dweebs. But he refuses to use any device other than a Mac

He can't get swiping, zooming, transferring, annotating a powerpoint or shared presentations to work. I plugged in a Windows 8 laptop and demonstrated all that poo poo in about 5 minutes.

Still refuses to use anything but his Mac

oh no hes stuck with a good computer instead of a poor gimmick choice that leaves your arms tired after 5 minutes use
tell him to buy a magic trackpad so he can swipe usefully

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

ahmeni posted:

oh no hes stuck with a good computer

:laffo:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

io_burn posted:

What I have received more than anything is people making negative comments such as my arm looks like a pig's leg that I have put a watch on and other comments which were removed by the moderators.

few pages ago but omg god I thought this was an exaggeration... then the pictures.... holy gently caress

Perplx posted:

as a fat guy with normal looking wrists, when i see those wrists i can only imagine her eating 10 kilocalories everyday for a decade while never standing

frfr

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ahmeni posted:

oh no hes stuck with a good computer instead of a poor gimmick choice that leaves your arms tired after 5 minutes use

lol, as broken as the mac itself

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ahmeni posted:

Way to double down on your terrible choices

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
touchscreen laptops and desktops are incredibly stupid

apple watch seems meh but I've never tried one. seems like very little effort to take the phone out of your pocket and probably much more usable.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ahmeni posted:

but he wants the gimmick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ahmeni posted:

*ahem* Source your qoutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

THC posted:

mine is the time I bought that phone and used it for 3 years and never had any reception problems or dropped calls. and it still works great to this day

it's almost like the "problem" was ridiculously exaggerated by worthless tech blogs and apple detractors desperate for a reason to validate their existence after their precious Androids got dumpstered by the iphones amazing retina display beautiful design and unparalleled craftsmanship

• Locked thread