Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
Its a good show, but I want to have an episode where he doesn't fall into a convoluted trap. Big Bald Baby Man would set up a murder with an easily sniffed trail, and the episode would keep cutting to evil ninja guy waiting and waiting to spring a trap on Not-Blind Man who never comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Robokomodo posted:

Foggy is like the stupidest loving name in history.

He's the only weak link on the show. Everything is moving along just fine and then that actor has a line, and all of a sudden I'm watching a character that seems like he's supposed to be the wacky neighbor on Full House or something. Some badguy really needs to shove him in a meat grinder.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

David Copperfield posted:

First five or so episodes are pretty good but then every character acts like an idiot

The fights are well done but they really are obsessed with him doing this sideways spinning jump kick every time

When you have a signature move that works you need to use it a lot, like Hulk Hogan and the leg drop or John Cena and the Attitude Adjustment Baby!!!!!!!

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Frankenstyle posted:

He's the only weak link on the show. Everything is moving along just fine and then that actor has a line, and all of a sudden I'm watching a character that seems like he's supposed to be the wacky neighbor on Full House or something. Some badguy really needs to shove him in a meat grinder.

He worked incredibly well for several of the episodes and at other times I felt like the writers weren't sure what to do with him so they just forced him in with some dialogue. All in all I'm glad he's there but as the seriousness started to escalate he wasn't working as well.

The final suit definitely needs a bit of work.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

David Copperfield posted:

The fights are well done but they really are obsessed with him doing this sideways spinning jump kick every time

the fights were better in the first few episodes where they were more realistic-looking with people getting tired and falling down and then getting back up to go again and no one gets knocked out in one punch

then poo poo got too martial arts-y

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
also the dialogue between him and the night nurse was loving terrible in almost all their scenes

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Vampire Jessica from True Blood is in it.

No, she does not get them out in this show either.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BigBoss posted:

Vampire Jessica from True Blood is in it.

No, she does not get them out in this show either.

Whelp, not gonna watch past ep 2 then. Thanks!

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
So as long as he focuses, he can 'see' in some sense.

So does that mean when Gassy or whatever his name is is around then he can see his partners flopping dong? Does he see everyone's dong?

"I see a world of dongs on fire"

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Dude is like rainman. 42 toothpicks.
I want to see him just start using a computer next season.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

NakedWithCandy posted:

Dude is like rainman. 42 toothpicks.
I want to see him just start using a computer next season.

he does use a computer hes got a braille machine hooked up to it and an earpiece

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

comic books are for children

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

comic books are for children

Which one is your favorite?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Which one is your favorite?

:aatrek:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
god drat this foggy guy is the worst

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I liked the netflix daredevil show, but daredevil is my favorite marvel hero, and I am comparing it to the 2003 movie which was really bad and dumb. I don't know anything about jessica jones but I think kristen ritter is beautiful even since seeing her in breaking bad so here's hoping it's good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Foggy's bad but apparently every superhero show has to have someone who's all whiny and like "No, don't kill people, then you're as bad as them" and it's clearly not gonna be the nurse or the secretary.

I was gonna say something about how the female characters aren't so badly treated on this show as most comic book stuff, but then I realized the only two female characters are a nurse and a secretary.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my friend tried to make me watch it with him but I cannot tell you why exactly anyone likes/watches this thing, I'm guessing it's for the same people who unironically watch agent carter and are hyped for something called The Ant Man Movie, I think I'm tapping out after Avengers 2 this weekend - shits like a 3rd job

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

the fights were better in the first few episodes where they were more realistic-looking with people getting tired and falling down and then getting back up to go again and no one gets knocked out in one punch

then poo poo got too martial arts-y

The Old Boy fight was the best.

I wish all the fights after that had that vibe.

Hate Fibration posted:

It was fun. It dragged a little in the middle. But the conclusion wound it up satisfyingly and it opens up really strong.

Also the villain is basically a violent mega-sperg and for some reason, aside from a few really dumb scenes, it works really well.

I like the guy who spends the whole show watching him beat the utter loving poo poo out of people and even make mash potatoes out of a guy's entire head on one occasion decides to gently caress him over and then brag about it to his face.

For a smart guy he was really loving dumb.

PostNouveau posted:

Foggy's bad but apparently every superhero show has to have someone who's all whiny and like "No, don't kill people, then you're as bad as them" and it's clearly not gonna be the nurse or the secretary.

I was gonna say something about how the female characters aren't so badly treated on this show as most comic book stuff, but then I realized the only two female characters are a nurse and a secretary.

I loved how after doing the Batman "NO KILLING! I CAN'T KILL! NO KILLING!" shtick when poo poo got real he lights a motherfucker on fire.

Also I've heard several times now the showrunners want to bring The Punisher into season 2, who would probably shoot three thugs in the head before Foggy could even finish a sentence. I just hope they keep the production values they had this season up.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
There were three other important female characters, but they were pretty clichéd too. Still a good show. I had multiple action-gasms all throughout, particularly in the finale.

“I am the ill intent who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on.”

• Locked thread