Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you going to re-install Morrowind now?
Yes
No
Maybe I'll Install Deus Ex
I'll Install both Morrowind and Deus Ex
View Results

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

gggiiimmmppp posted:

PSA: for anyone who might actually reinstall morrowind but doesn't want to have to think about the laborious process of using nexus to download patches and installing them in just the right order there's a cool project called Morrowind Overhaul that includes all the poo poo you need without ever going to nexus and automates the installation. it makes morrowind look better than oblivion and irons out most of the kinks and bugs

i know i'm in the minority but i think the graphics overhaul for Morrowind looks really bad and i'd much rather play the regular ugly game than the modded ugly game. i think certain landscapes and sunsets look fuckin rad as hell with it, but it clashes hard with the animations and even the upgraded character models. the effects themselves can be nice but are often sort of gaudy or weird looking. i think that's true for a lot of visual overhaul mods in games. for instance, i never used ENB in Skyrim because all the popular settings looked gross half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Where's the 'I already have Morrowind installed at all times' option?

fuckin outlanders

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I never liked Morrowind.

s'wit

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i know i'm in the minority but i think the graphics overhaul for Morrowind looks really bad and i'd much rather play the regular ugly game than the modded ugly game. i think certain landscapes and sunsets look fuckin rad as hell with it, but it clashes hard with the animations and even the upgraded character models. the effects themselves can be nice but are often sort of gaudy or weird looking. i think that's true for a lot of visual overhaul mods in games. for instance, i never used ENB in Skyrim because all the popular settings looked gross half the time.

Yeah I get where you're coming from. All the graphical overhauls concentrate on 'realism' or whatever with barely a thought to the original art design in mind and you end up with poo poo that looks totally out of place, textures that are 4096 HD next to textures that are barely better than the original, etc.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

you dont actually have to install those mods if you dont want, theres still a ton of bugfixes and fixes for the UI at modern resolutions and things like that that are important for the non-nostalgic to have any hope of enjoying the game

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
yeah i know, i really did just mean "graphics overhaul". i hope nobody is playing morrowind at 1024x768

• Locked thread