Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

BigBoss posted:

Do you wear the same pair of shoes every day?

pretty much, but I do actually wash my feet. And I may have exaggertated the smell for comedic effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
dunno what to tell ya OP, next time try not doing that

simple
Apr 11, 2007
Sounds like you need to buy a new pair of shoes OP. If you can afford it, buy a couple pair of good shoes and rotate them. You can be like Mr. Rodgers and have a pair of street shoes and a pair of office shoes.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
Kill it with fire (since we are doing 2003 memes lately)

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
Smelled my socks when i got home and they were fine. Must be the shoes. Looks like its time for a new pair. Thanks for all the good advice y'all!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Un chien andalou posted:

Smelled my socks when i got home and they were fine. Must be the shoes. Looks like its time for a new pair. Thanks for all the good advice y'all!

Buy two pair and rotate them. That's what you're supposed to do.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
http://www.drscholls.com/productsandbrands/odorx.aspx

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
After a long day in my boots my feet smell like popcorn.

:3:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

simple posted:

Sounds like you need to buy a new pair of shoes OP. If you can afford it, buy a couple pair of good shoes and rotate them. You can be like Mr. Rodgers and have a pair of street shoes and a pair of office shoes.

Came here to post this. If you don't give much of a gently caress about your shoes, it may also be worthwhile putting them in the washing machine alongside some towels or something. It's probably your shoes that stink, not your feet. Buy 2+ pairs of shoes and rotate as the other person said. I bet you wear the same shoes every single day.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

psyopmonkey posted:

After a long day in my boots my feet smell like popcorn.

:3:

That actually sounds kinda gross in the sense that feet probably shouldn't smell like that. What the gently caress do you do to your feet?

To the OP yeah it's probably the shoes rather than your feet, my sister had the same problem in middle school after she decided to run though raw sewage for some reason.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

lordoftheT posted:

That actually sounds kinda gross in the sense that feet probably shouldn't smell like that. What the gently caress do you do to your feet?

To the OP yeah it's probably the shoes rather than your feet, my sister had the same problem in middle school after she decided to run though raw sewage for some reason.

I picked up some weird fungus when I was in Honduras. Its mostly gone now.

They just smell like that now.

:shrug:

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
You definitely have to rotate shoes. Never wear the same pair two days in a row; otherwise it doesn't give them adequate time to dry out and creates an environment where bacteria can flourish.

Also if it's a real problem you can get cedar soles which will help as well.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Just take this

http://www.kiwidrug.com/search/daktarin_cream/

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Un chien andalou posted:

I'd go ahead and get some nice socks, too. A little merino wool never hurt anybody.

• Locked thread