Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

AAAAAHHH it's the fattiest fatfat raccoooon aaahhh :kimchi: I actually did lol when I saw this.

Thank you for giving a female fantasy character proper armour, seriously.

Quick n messy noonwraith-ish monster (from witcher 3, the reason I've gotten nothing done for a week).

Might do other monsters from it, all the female monsters in the game have such glorious hagtits, it's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?

Babe Magnet posted:

I use a bunch of tools for 3D but my primary workload is handled by a mix of ZBrush and Maya. If you want to try and get into 3D sculpting I recommend Sculptris, which is like a zbrush lite, more for hobbyists or people who want to test the waters a bit before dropping hundos on beefier software. I'm mostly recommending it because it's free, but it's pretty nice.

Blender is free and also has a sculpting mode, in addition to other cool stuff.

I've been trying to assemble a nice small set of tools in Procreate, and drew some zombies meanwhile two of which don't have there dicks out

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

I fell off on doing daily draws and feel horrible about it. Someone threaten me into drawing tomorrow

anyway, fury road is p. good.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Beelzebub posted:

A couple sketches for more Pathfinder character illustrations.

Jeebus these are so good!

Back to the weekly figure drawing club.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

sigma 6 posted:

Not a daily drawing, but my first bronze casting. Casting metal can be really dangerous, but such a different sense of accomplishment vs. making a 3d model in software. Foundries are cool. This is a coat hanger and keyring holder. :)

These are so loving cool. My husband used to do casting and forged stuff in school, after we move I'll have access to a mondo workshop so I'm going to see if I can get all the tools together so he can start again.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
This months thread is full of really great stuff!

Here's a buncha stuff I've cobbled together over the month. ...I guess that's not really daily, but oh well. I swear I did some sketches and work that wasn't quite this cartoony, but it's a heckuva lot rougher.

The last one in particular is a bit of disappointment to me. Besides the somewhat botched hatching everywhere, I feel like the color choices still don't really gel together. Anyone have any good readings or work studies that help a fella get better at that? I'm pretty sure I'm too attached to the notion of 'ah yes, blonde hair, that should be yellow' as opposed to being able to adjust it to the light source.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Scathach posted:

These are so loving cool. My husband used to do casting and forged stuff in school, after we move I'll have access to a mondo workshop so I'm going to see if I can get all the tools together so he can start again.

Nothing like molten metal to get the blood flowing. :)

Nice lighting on that painting BTW.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Nevermind.

Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

In the event that you make sense, I will still send you to the 7th circle.

These are all really fun to look at! James Gurney's Color and Light would be a great source for tackling the problem you mentioned. His approach is to create gamut masks that limit your pallet to colors that "belong" together. He's a realist painter, but the concepts he teaches apply to pretty much all illustration.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

Another Procreate thing. I like the little car which I did redraw once.

EatinCake posted:

The last one in particular is a bit of disappointment to me

I think the colors on the last one are the best actually. If I were drawing in this webcomic style I would avoid simple gradients cuz they look too digital, and airbrush shading like on the apples there. I'd also pick between shading with inks, hatching, stippling and so on, or clean inks with digital shading, or I'd go very light on one and heavy on the other.

loga mira fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 28, 2015

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Swamphag!

Hagtits is my word for the week. I can't stop talking about hagtits.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

I'm loving the colors on everything you've posted.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

Colors yeah, colors are important

http://www.huevaluechroma.com/index.php

This site COLOUR THEORY MADE DIFFICULT by some guy pretty much lords over everything else on the internet and elsewhere for color theory. He talks somewhere in there about digital color as well, sRGB all that sgit. IIRC he also tlks optics and basic physics of light like Lambert's laws, grazing angle, refraction... Or maybe that's from elsewhere.

Read through that and then watch those Feynman's lectures that are aslo available on some website that looks like it came from 1997, in case you ever begin wondering why light behaves like it does. Wikipedia is also helpful.

All of that is simple secondary school level crap, like all art theory, it's super easy to understand and remember. The challenge is to apply it properly.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

loga mira posted:

http://www.huevaluechroma.com/index.php

This site COLOUR THEORY MADE DIFFICULT by some guy pretty much lords over everything else on the internet and elsewhere for color theory.

This man speaks truth.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I got some new Copic markers last night and did a quick sketch with them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Werewolf?

There wolf.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Ideas for next moth's theme?

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Humboldt Squid posted:

Clothes and fabrics? :shobon:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Humboldt Squid posted:

Speed.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Fabrics in motion? Because both the ideas above are great.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How many times have we done poop monsters as the theme?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Pick posted:

Werewolf?

There wolf.

Good stuff.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

sigma 6 posted:

Generally I draw flat on a table but I have RSI, so I have built a standing workstation for my computer. Of course that is digital stuff and I have only just started using an easel again. Working in a standing position is always better, but it is a hard habit to break when you have a laptop and a sketchbook. As far as angle goes, that is generally just flat / straight on, rotating the sketchbook a little if I need to. Probably the most unusual thing is that I am left handed but born blind in my left eye. Not sure what kind of bearing that has on my 2d or 3d art.

Does that answer your question? No one has ever asked me that before.

Not a daily drawing, but my first bronze casting. Casting metal can be really dangerous, but such a different sense of accomplishment vs. making a 3d model in software. Foundries are cool. This is a coat hanger and keyring holder. :)

Nice work! I miss casting bronze. I haven't done it in over 30 years. Gotta get back to it, somehow.

This is what I did today instead of drawing:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

^^^ That is awesome. I love linocut.

Some sketches I did with a model yesterday to study for a painting.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Cartyisme posted:

Beezlbub: Those are great!

Cake.

I was like, "Hey, that looks familiar." Then remembered that I actually looked at my tumblr a couple of weeks ago and checked on people I'm following. I love the salmon.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

genesplicer posted:

Nice work! I miss casting bronze. I haven't done it in over 30 years. Gotta get back to it, somehow.

This is what I did today instead of drawing:

This is indeed, very cool.

Will post a thread on the bronze stuff soon. Made another one today.

Ever have one of those nights, when you have a million things to do, and instead you draw a dragon bursting through a skull? . . . No? . . . Guess it is just me then. :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

sigma 6 posted:

Nice lighting on that painting BTW.

Thanks!

That linocut rocks.

Did a quick header sketch for my new blog, this is my new home for at least the summer. Not gonna lie, I'm loving all the awful 70's style the thing has.

E: holy broken tables, Batman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

New thread is up! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723407

• Locked thread