Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays are also having a hilarious season where they can't win one run games or games where they score less than 5 runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I feel bad for R.A. Dickey. By god that trade is looking like a larceny.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Dubious posted:

20 win May, first time since 91

Who can Twins fans petition to keep the calendar from flipping to June?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Geoff Peterson posted:

Who can Twins fans petition to keep the calendar from flipping to June?

Yo Giants fans here.

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011

will_colorado posted:

Peter Forsberg II

Don't you, uh, kinda need your spleen?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Why did Disney sell the Angels? Owning a sports team seems like easy money.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Wait, surgery to just...remove his spleen? Uh

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

davecrazy posted:

I feel bad for R.A. Dickey. By god that trade is looking like a larceny.

Is that the one that netted D'arnaud or Syndergaard or both?

I dont know the Mets got someone real good in return

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

The Born Approx. posted:

Don't you, uh, kinda need your spleen?

quote:

You can live without a spleen. But because the spleen plays a crucial role in the body's ability to fight off bacteria, living without the organ makes you more likely to develop infections, especially dangerous ones such as Streptococcus pneumoniae, Neisseria meningitidis, and Haemophilus influenzae. These bacteria cause severe pneumonia, meningitis, and other serious infections. Vaccinations to cover these bacteria should ideally be given to patients about two weeks before planned surgery or roughly two weeks after emergency surgery.

Xenophon posted:

Wait, surgery to just...remove his spleen? Uh
yeah, he collided with another player and lacerated it.

He won't have to worry about another collision being life-threatening. But probably has to take medicine the rest of his life.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 1, 2015

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Pastrymancy posted:

Also Oakland is a tire fire this year?

Yes, but they've looked better the last few series. But yes.

:smith:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My DVR hit its single episode time cap on the at bat before Maldonado's walkoff. What a ridiculous game.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Senf posted:

Yes, but they've looked better the last few series. But yes.

Semien made some plays without erring today!

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
So, when are the red sox going to make the panic trade for Cole Hamels?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pastrymancy posted:

I dont know the Mets got someone real good in return

He's saying it's a steal for the Mets.

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Professional #8 Hitter/Beard Grower
MLB N/V June: gently caress The Angels

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Storm posted:

MLB N/V June: gently caress The Angels

The Tigers offense is good, but so bad situationally (2nd best OPS+ in the AL, but they also lead the loving league in GIDP and CS by a decent amount)

It's really annoying.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

MassaShowtime posted:

The Jays are also having a hilarious season where they can't win one run games or games where they score less than 5 runs.

3-12 in one run games and 2-24 when they score 4 runs or less.

They are still only 3.5 games back from first in the god awful AL East.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I want fun baseball. I don't even care if the Phillies are losing, because they're going to lose anyway. I just want them to not lose in such boring ways. :(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Badfinger posted:

I want fun baseball. I don't even care if the Phillies are losing, because they're going to lose anyway. I just want them to not lose in such boring ways. :(
Jeff Francoeur has been given over 100 PAs. How much more fun do you want?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Twin Cinema posted:

2-24 when they score 4 runs or less.
how is this possible.

e: (for reference Cardinals are 16-15)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Badfinger posted:

I don't mind losing if there's hope. This team is only going to get worse until Rube is fired.

This franchise has been a disaster since Howard collapsed at first base.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

how is this possible.

Their pitching is so loving terrible they need to score 5+ runs to give them a chance to win.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pastrymancy posted:

They've been a lot better lately and have mostly been absurdly unlucky, but it's been pretty lovely either way.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

MourningView posted:

They've been a lot better lately and have mostly been absurdly unlucky, but it's been pretty lovely either way.

They had a rough start but they just won 3 out of 4 from the Yankees, so maybe things are starting to turn around.

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

Pastrymancy posted:

They made themselves way worse now in the hopes of being able to kinda contend for the next two or three years and everything has gone horribly wrong for them so yes.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Julio Cruz posted:

Their pitching is so loving terrible they need to score 5+ runs to give them a chance to win.
yeah i mean 2-24 is just phenomenally bad lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The two biggest issues Oakland's had so far have been losign a lot of close games and an awful bullpen (these things are probably related!) both of which are flukes as much as anything.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Mustard Iceman posted:

They had a rough start but they just won 3 out of 4 from the Yankees, so maybe things are starting to turn around.

Beating the Yankees doesn't mean much right now.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Inspector_666 posted:

Beating the Yankees doesn't mean much right now.

It's a marked improvement over being swept at home by the White Sox.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Harlock posted:

Jeff Francoeur has been given over 100 PAs. How much more fun do you want?

He only has 3 dingers though.

There are only 3 guys on the team with an OBP above .300, and only one with an OPS+ above 100. It is much more interesting to lose with horrible pitching than with horrible hitting.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Phillies just need to Astros it up for 3-4 years. Trust me...it's worth it in the long run.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
MLB N/V June - gently caress You, Twins Bitch

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Apparently, Votto walked yesterday on 3 balls, and nobody noticed. Not a single person. The announcer did seem to think that the 1-2 pitch was the 2-2 pitch, but he's an announcer; we expect him to be wrong. This managed to elude the attention of the umps, the managers, and the players. Nice.

What I really like is how it looks in Gameday:

Game Advisory: Three-ball Walk. You know, because that's a thing. I guess you have to make some kind of note.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kirios posted:

The Phillies just need to Astros it up for 3-4 years. Trust me...it's worth it in the long run.
That requires a competent front office

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

tarlibone posted:

Apparently, Votto walked yesterday on 3 balls, and nobody noticed. Not a single person. The announcer did seem to think that the 1-2 pitch was the 2-2 pitch, but he's an announcer; we expect him to be wrong. This managed to elude the attention of the umps, the managers, and the players. Nice.

Game Advisory: Three-ball Walk. You know, because that's a thing. I guess you have to make some kind of note.

pft hahaahahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tarlibone posted:

I'm guessing the scoreboard (or scoreboard operator) malfunctioned. Also the first pitch looked like a ball to me so maybe that's why.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

straight up brolic posted:

how is this possible.

Their pitching has been awful, but it's gotten better over the past 2-3 weeks. Now they have just been losing a lot of close one-run games (their last 11 losses have been by 2 runs or less, with 7 of them being 1 run games).

Also, in like 7-10 of their wins where they hold the opponent's score down, they end up blowing them out (I give a rough estimate of numbers, because I am not sure what defines a blowout win).

But yeah, mostly their pitching. The bullpen has been ugly to watch, too (save for a few bright spots).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's June, everyone :toot:

• Locked thread