Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

opus111 posted:

this is such a dumbass 'tude. there is no 'bad' taste in music, its the most subjective thing ever. btw radiohead are my favourite band ever and i bet my tastes in music decimates yours.

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
radiohead is better

also this is interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8H7l4u6BI0

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
My favorite two bands of all time are Guns N Roses and Wu Tang Clan, especially the early awesome solo albums such as: Iron Man, Cuban Lynx, Bobby Digital & the likely greatest musical accomplishment of all time: Liquid Swords. I also like the Gorillaz &, Johnny Cash.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Johnny cash is a national treasure and those that don't like him can get out of 'Murica. :911:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

I'd say Danny Carey is right there with Billy Cobham, John Bonham and Neil Peart. Top 5 all time.

Let's hear who your favorite drummers are?

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Tool is prolly the best metal band because there's at least decent chord progression and audible lyrics behind it, something 99% of the genre lacks.

Personally though, I haven't heard any songs I really enjoyed off the most recent Radiohead albums. For me it's all about The Bends.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

if you dont like ok computer you are literally subhuman garbage

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Radiohead makes good music sometimes

Tool does not

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

if you dont like ok computer you are literally subhuman garbage

Ditto for Kid A.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Zaradis posted:

Ditto for Kid A.

Yeah those two albums are gold.

Couldn't get into In Rainbows though. Too instrumental I guess :shrug:

Edit: Pablo Honey is also dope. Radiohead is dope.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

thom yorke's eye is a human being so tool

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Noslo posted:

Yeah those two albums are gold.

Couldn't get into In Rainbows though. Too instrumental I guess :shrug:

Edit: Pablo Honey is also dope. Radiohead is dope.

pablo honey is amazing - you, stop whispering, thinking about you, vegetable, prove yourself, i can't, lurgee and blow out are all amazing and its weird how '(except pablo honey)' is such an accepted internet music opinion.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

blow out is the only classic from pablo honey imo

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Tool is better because after so many years after their strongest album they are able to continue to put out strong albums and are still interest people. As well as gaining greater interest out side of nerds in their basements and breaking ground in this digital era by releasing free digital albums.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
At least we can all agree Rush is one of the most overrated bands ever right

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah rush blows

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Tool is garbage for garbage and Radiohead is a different kind of garbage also for garbage

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I went to see Rush live once because tix were :10bux: and seeing Geddy Lee play bass, keyboard and sing at once was cool but yeah rush has a lot of terrible songs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was going to say Radiohead but I realized I never really listened to a Tool album. So I'm still going to say Radiohead.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Million Ghosts posted:

Tool is garbage for garbage and Radiohead is a different kind of garbage also for garbage

So then what sort of superior anime soundtrack bullshit do you listen to?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Noslo posted:

So then what sort of superior anime soundtrack bullshit do you listen to?

You tried.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You didn't exactly refute him Million Ghosts

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

You didn't exactly refute him Million Ghosts

I said it first as a joke but then I clicked his post history and sure enough..... :frogsiren:

I'm being sincere though, for the sake of musical discussion please post your favorite soundtrack

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

yeah rush blows

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Noslo posted:

I said it first as a joke but then I clicked his post history and sure enough..... :frogsiren:

I'm being sincere though, for the sake of musical discussion please post your favorite soundtrack

Anime soundtracks are usually pretty poo poo so no worries bud

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Noslo posted:

movie sound track?

The Lost Highway because I got it when I was 13 and it opened me up to a lot of different stuff.

I hasn't held up that well but there's some decent mid 90s songs on it. Trent Reznor was doing a lot of coke back then

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I just realized I'm kinda guilty because I've totally youtube'd the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack when playing Kerbal Space Program

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

At least we can all agree Rush is one of the most overrated bands ever right

Any band that dedicates an entire album to "the genius of Ayn Rand" can't be THAT great

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I.....I.....I really like both. :shobon:

:3:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Snuffman posted:

I.....I.....I really like both. :shobon:

:3:

Awww, it's ok bud

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

TEAYCHES posted:

yeah rush blows

the best thing rush ever did was being in an episode of trailer park boys. and Neil Peart is a giant randroid.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I totally missed tool when I was in middle / high school despite being the right age. Didn't hear anything from them until anaema on the radio one monster energy drink fueled night in college and drat

So I'm a tool.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Nathilus posted:

there version of with a little help from my friends is EXTREMELY poo poo compared to cocker's cover.

This guy knows what time it is

Million Ghosts posted:

What does that make Garbage (the band)?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
personally i voted norman greenbaum OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Chemtrail posted:

hehe, what groups should I mention to impress people with my musical taste? going to a party this evening and want to impress some babes

GWAR, duh.

It's like you're not even trying.

• Locked thread