Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe

Mr. Popo posted:

Start with low expectations and sizable amounts of alcohol.
Enjoy the Cubs.

please don't watch baseball, it's a terrible sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Root for a team with a large stadium and low attendance rates so you can see games on the cheap!

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
What day are you on now?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQUl9izjG-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzqcCconwZo

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuIt9H_BkuQ

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXO8ByR0H7g

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The Orioles, because you can get the same experience as their local fans, sitting on your couch and watching the game on tv

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Fuckin Sawx you fuckin retahd.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Sono posted:

The Orioles, because you can get the same experience as their local fans, sitting on your couch and watching the game on tv

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR6UiSNHT3w

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I always liked how much it infuriated baseball fans everywhere when a Canadian team won back-to-back championships in the American pastime.
How can anyone hate manchild Joe Carter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGbh5UitRA8&t=10080s

That was 22 years ago and they haven't even been back to the playoffs since (underdog factor).
They always end up right around .500 -- not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough to rebuild.

Plus they have one of only two remaining knuckleball pitchers left in the entire league.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Expos were dope and should have never left Montreal. It's like having a team in Vermont.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Root for a team with a large stadium and low attendance rates so you can see games on the cheap!

gently caress the Marlins

Obsidian Sloth
May 3, 2015
Go with Tampa Bay because the only people who fill up there stadium are Yankee fans.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
twins imo

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
cheer for the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
my grandma liked the cubs, so now I"m a cubs fan

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The team with the most Dominicans and or Cubans.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
why are Canadians even allowd to play in US sports??

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

carrion kit posted:

why are Canadians even allowd to play in US sports??

Gotta give them a chance after being poo poo at their own national sport.

SuperSix
Aug 22, 2012

Romes128 posted:

Gotta give them a chance after being poo poo at their own national sport.

Lacrosse?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SuperSix posted:

Lacrosse?

Curling.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Romes128 posted:

The team with the most Dominicans and or Cubans.

Can't wait for the Havana Marlins.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
The Brewers so you can share in my misery

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Rangers because watching Jon Daniels wrangle with the dumb rear end retard fans, busted talent, and retarded coked up managers is good drama, and they're a bad team again so there's comedy on the field

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hemophilia posted:

The Rangers because watching Jon Daniels wrangle with the dumb rear end retard fans, busted talent, and retarded coked up managers is good drama, and they're a bad team again so there's comedy on the field

Poor Rangers. Should have had a world series or maybe even two. Instead, goodbye, see you in two decades.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Pick the Astros. They are going to be sorry this year but will get good next year or the year after at the latest. You will still be able to say that you liked the Astros back when they were bad if you jump in now. Also great unis; especially the retro ones.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

redshirt posted:

Poor Rangers. Should have had a world series or maybe even two. Instead, goodbye, see you in two decades.

Nelson Cruz should be shot for what he did in 2011 fyi

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I say you should root for the Mariners. They're the least exciting team in the AL West. Also, their old logo is a trident.

If it's good enough for Brick Ramland, it's good enough for you.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
the wankies

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hemophilia posted:

Nelson Cruz should be shot for what he did in 2011 fyi

Literally should go down in baseball history as one of the most tragic plays.

It's up there with the ball between Buckner's legs, but it doesn't get nearly the same coverage for some reason - oh yeah, it's the Rangers.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

SuperSix posted:

Lacrosse?

no thats marylands sport and we are very good at it just not as good as duke

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

yoyodyne posted:

Pick the Astros. They are going to be sorry this year but will get good next year or the year after at the latest. You will still be able to say that you liked the Astros back when they were bad if you jump in now. Also great unis; especially the retro ones.

Astros are in first place, Angels can suck it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

please don't root for the angels, or yankees, or the red sox, or the white sox. or the braves and diamondbacks because they're super gay about unspoken rule bullshit. everyone else is fair game.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Root for the Tigers because Magnum PI wore their hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

zidane13 posted:

I live in New Orleans, so there's no local team. I've got it narrowed down to either the Astros, the Brewers, the Blue Jays, or the White Sox unless someone can give me a compelling argument.

Let me help you. There is only one team to root for, and that is

LOS DOYERS

• Locked thread