Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Let's Play Necrovision

This is a game. It's made by some ex-Medal Of Honor guys and a few artists who worked on Painkiller, they call themselves The Farm 51, yeah the "The" is in their title. A good chunk of people from The Farm 51 went on to create their own studio called Destructive Creations, who are now putting the finishing touches on much anticipated game Hatred. That means this must be good, right?

I'm gonna play this game for you, there's gonna be people helping me commentate over it, a few of them might even like NecroVisioN. Who knows, maybe you'll have as much fun as we do.

Vid list
Part 1 with bible corn and The Lesbiathan
Part 2 with bible corn and The Lesbiathan
Part 3 with The Lesbiathan and bible corn
First Challenge also with The Lesbiathan and bible corn
Part 4 with Lesbiathan and Instant Grat
Part 5 with Lesbiathan, Fridurmus and Ceciltron
Part 6 with Lesbiathan, Ceciltron and Fridurmu
Second Challenge Video which is, uh...something else?

:siren: BONUS CONTENT :siren:
Part 3 the Alternative Commentary with SupSuper.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i relate highly with the thread title, godspeed op

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
geop please give this thread a title that anyone in the world would click on

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I like Necrovision a lot; I was super bummed that Lost Company was such hot poo poo.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Niggurath posted:

I like Necrovision a lot; I was super bummed that Lost Company was such hot poo poo.
This. It's a shame that instead of the beautiful over-the-top batshit insanity they decided to tone the whole thing down. Necrovision is still one of my favorite shooters.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

This. It's a shame that instead of the beautiful over-the-top batshit insanity they decided to tone the whole thing down. Necrovision is still one of my favorite shooters.
I wholeheartedly believe that NecroVisioN is one of the greatest shooters made in the last 10 years, like top 10. I also believe this says a shitton about the quality of shooters nowadays.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 4, 2015

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I wonder how many postal workers have played this game and gotten super pumped up when they heard him say, "Yeah...this mailman is gonna kick some rear end!"

and now say that every time they start their mail truck engine

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

geop please give this thread a title that anyone in the world would click on

I wouldn't have clicked on this thread if it weren't for it's title. It's perfect.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Well now I have to watch

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Of course. I mean, why wouldn't you watch this excellent LP of noted Excellent Game Nercovision?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I approve of the descriptive thread title, but disapprove of the lack of Bulletstorm.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm sorry this thread does not meet your need for Bulletstorm, however I'm proud to inform you I have more content of a game that really WANTS to be Bulletstorm.

Part 3 with The Lesbiathan and bible corn
First Challenge also with The Lesbiathan and bible corn

If this is not enough, please consider this partial playthrough done by my good pal Fridurmus and other nice people. He might return to it after finals are done at his school. I might guest when that happens. Maybe.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 24, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Something went wrong with Part 3, so I fixed it, here's an alternate take on Part 3 as an apology

Part 3 the Alternative Commentary with SupSuper.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 9, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

at least you killed the wizard.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, by talking at it.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
HAPRBIF JEO

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
We've all made bad decisions in our lives, but it's rare that we are reminded of others' mistakes.

Happy Birthday, Great John.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
Birthdays are a new start, a fresh beginning, and a time to pursue new endeavors with new goals. Kill yourself.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

this thread is the greatest birthday gift you could give yourself joseph

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

You played Necrovision on your birthday and I skipped out to go drink. You made a poor choice.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I want it put on record that "this" has never been put on Lesbiathan.

edit: I also want it put on record that certain parties may have gotten laid because of this LP

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 18, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Good news, everyone! I got a couple new videos here!

Part 4 with Lesbiathan and Instant Grat
Part 5 with Lesbiathan, Fridurmus and Ceciltron

So, I wanna talk a little bit about the remnants of People Can Fly for a bit. Back when they were together they made Painkiller and an expansion pack called Battle out of Hell, which apparently was a collection of levels that got picked off the cutting room floor and put in a vaguely linear fashion. All Painkiller games made after that were glorified fan mods.

I don't know the exact timeline here, but I do know that after Battle out of Hell People Can Fly got bought out by Epic Games and set to work on the PC port of Gears of War, and that two distinct studios got founded by ex-People Can Fly people: The Farm 51 and Flying Wild Hog.

Flying Wild Hog went on to make such titles as Hard Reset - which was crap, and the reimagining of Shadow Warrior - which was real good. The brunt of the gameplay and technical talent at The Farm 51 is actually made up of people from 2015, Inc., a developer most known for making Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, with the ex-People Can Fly portion being made up of artists. Meanwhile, the people who stuck at People Can Fly, even after they hosed up Gears of War Judgment, now work under a new label: Epic Games Poland.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 19, 2015

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
This game's so bad I pretty much can't process the badness of it.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Great Joe, LP the Bulletstorm.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
25 years of Necrovision would be a horrible punishment :ohdear:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Alright, final update for now. Might come back to this but for now I'm putting this thing in the freezer.

Part 6 with Lesbiathan, Ceciltron and Fridurmus
Second Challenge Video which is, uh...something else?

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 24, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Somehow Youtube just really hated the second challenge video, so here it is again

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

Great Joe posted:

Somehow Youtube just really hated the second challenge video, so here it is again

The real challenge was making sense of that mess.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Great Joe posted:

why did you make this video

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

He wanted to show off how good of an Imperial spy Hank was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I felt like giving Noted High Quality Production Interactive Entertainment Experience NecroVisioN a proper send-off.

• Locked thread