Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

ellph!

i once made a video game make sex with her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

which one is the shrimp and which one is the elf :confused:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

reignonyourparade posted:

which one is the shrimp and which one is the elf :confused:

both

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
that makes sense thanks for helping me out

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
pick, are you a marine biologist or something?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Enhydra Lutris posted:

Brine Shrimp do Not actually look like This; this is False Advertising; when I was a Child I Purchased a Brine Shrimp Habitat in the Hopes that I could grow Pink Friends; they were not my Friends; they are Not Humanoid; they are not even Mammals; they are not even Domesticated; I could Not pick them up; I could Not play with them; this is Misleading.

i like you very much

thanks ~Salmiakki~

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
i tried to keep shrimp a couple of years ago but I coulkdn' keep the things alive. I had 6 cherry barbs and then about 6 cherry shrimp in a tank that was easily big enough and had decent filtration. I think just because of the dimensions of the tank it was really hard to clean the bottom stones so maybe the balance wasn't right for them or something but I spent a lot of money on chemicals and things and at best they lasted maybe a few months :( The fish all did really well but I gave someone else the tank after I realised it was shrimp death

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
He's just so happy when his buddy shows up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3sMtyUmac
skip to around 5:15. for some reason, youtube isn't letting me share it starting at that time.

quote:

The emperor shrimp develops a symbiotic relationship with a range of nudibranchs and holothurians, or sea cucumbers. The shrimp lives on the surface of the host, which offers him protection from predators and an extra source of food. The relationship benefits the host, as the shrimp consumes any parasites on its skin. The shrimp doesn't stay still, but constantly moves up and down his host, looking for food from the substrate or that has been disturbed by the host.
http://animals.pawnation.com/emperor-shrimp-5009.html

I think this one is back seat driving.

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 6, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

look at all these choice shrimps

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

look at all these choice shrimps

fenris fenris fenris :buddy:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

actual pic of me eating a shrimp

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

the seahorses are hijacking your thread

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Snapping shrimp, aka pistol shrimp, hanging out with its goby pal:

wiki posted:

Some pistol shrimp species share burrows with goby fishes in a symbiotic relationship. The burrow is built and tended by the pistol shrimp, and the goby provides protection by watching out for danger. When both are out of the burrow, the shrimp maintains contact with the goby using its antennae. The goby, having the better vision, alerts the shrimp of danger using a characteristic tail movement, and then both retreat into the safety of the shared burrow.[8] So far this association has been observed in species that inhabit coral reef habitats.

Here's what it looks like when they fire:

quote:

The animal snaps a specialized claw shut to create a cavitation bubble that generates acoustic pressures of up to 80 kPa at a distance of 4 cm from the claw. As it extends out from the claw, the bubble reaches speeds of 60 miles per hour (97 km/h) and releases a sound reaching 218 decibels.[11] The pressure is strong enough to kill small fish.[12] It corresponds to a zero to peak pressure level of 218 decibels...The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from the collapsing cavitation bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches temperatures of over 5,000 K (4,700 °C).[15] In comparison, the surface temperature of the sun is estimated to be around 5,800 K (5,500 °C).

Edit: Searching threw ocean videos on youtube has shown me that fisherman help fish give birth a lot. (Obviously the fish that have live births instead of laying eggs)

Not a shrimp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HWNPXiWEh8

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 6, 2015

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
How the gently caress did people think the shrimp treadmill cost $3mil?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Absolute Lithops posted:

How the gently caress did people think the shrimp treadmill cost $3mil?

hint: there was a political agenda involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
pleaaase draw fenris as a shriiimp or a shriiimp as fenris pleaaaaase

ive only seen him as a horse!!!!

• Locked thread