Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

twistedmentat posted:

Oh Carol, what have they done to you?

They never explained that if she willingly joined Sinister or she was controlled/cloned.

Based on my reading and Hickman's statements, Carol played Sinister as yet another plan to stir up trouble for Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

team overhead smash posted:

Based on my reading and Hickman's statements, Carol played Sinister as yet another plan to stir up trouble for Doom.

Yea, from reading those, it's the most likely explanation.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah its p obvious she's just beating him up til he does what she wants. (and likes it)

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Also when going through to get those pictures, I noticed that with his shoulder length black hair the Captain Britain Zombie we see prominently in Black Panther's army in #7 and #8 is the same Captain Britain we see in issue #2 when we're introduced to battleworld and he gets sent over the Shield as punishment.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I can't believe everyone's posting Ribic faces and no one's posted the one that drives me crazy, the one on the very last page of his magnum opus.

Look at it. Look.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its fine you big baby.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I will fight you

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Looking at other elements, his left ear is also higher than his right ear, so there's consistency in that
I tried a straight line up from the center of his lip and it seems like there's more on one side than the other, so I would say the discrepancies are due to ol' Vic tilting his head slightly to his right

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah thats pretty much why I read those features as fine. It's a human face, not a level guide. They're squishy and can sit at odd angles and look more natural than if they were perfectly symmetrical.

Or reed fixed his face up but made it lopsided to gently caress with Doom.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Head slightly tilted to one side has eyes that are not perfectly level with the horizon, film at 11.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Counterpoint:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Look, I'm not artist enough to really argue this with you, I just see it as a straight-on face where the eyes are lopsided and the left one is even sunken in further than the right.

:sigh: I guess I'll just get used to living in a world where I'm right and everyone else is stupid.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Phenotype posted:

:sigh: I guess I'll just get used to living in a world where I'm right and everyone else is stupid.

It gets easier with time.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Here are some actual photographs of Iron Man, Captain America, Batman, and Starlord, all of which were the first or second hit on Google Images, where they tilt their head slightly to one side or the other, turning them into misshapen monsters:

I mean sure their eyes are wonky, but also their ears don't even line up. Pretty hosed up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks now I lost my job at the frankenstein factory.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Phenotype posted:

It gets easier with-

Lurdiak posted:

-drat it!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Batman is Bruce Wayne, not George Clooney.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lurdiak posted:

How the hell would you know?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Zachack posted:

Batman is Bruce Wayne, not George Clooney.

Same thing.

Seriously, if someone told me Clooney was actually Batman I wouldn't even blink.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wanderer posted:

How the hell would you know?

*patient smile*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phenotype posted:

Look, I'm not artist enough to really argue this with you, I just see it as a straight-on face where the eyes are lopsided and the left one is even sunken in further than the right.

Because humans lack the ability to tilt their heads?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Because humans lack the ability to tilt their heads?

That's why Keaton's Batman is the best Batman.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
E:Wrong thread, ignore that previous version of this post.

But yes, so for my two cents, I like Ribic's art. For all of its... eccentricities, it's very good at expressing emotions on characters instead of just making them big statuesque figures or... whatever the hell you might call the Lee/Liefeld school of growlygrimacemen.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

KaosMachina posted:

E:Wrong thread, ignore that previous version of this post.

But yes, so for my two cents, I like Ribic's art. For all of its... eccentricities, it's very good at expressing emotions on characters instead of just making them big statuesque figures or... whatever the hell you might call the Lee/Liefeld school of growlygrimacemen.

Not only growly faces but like baring teeth and having the strings of spit looking like it connects them together.

• Locked thread