Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biblical Fucking
Nov 21, 2013

Ask me about where to find fucking in the Bible!
I'll be happy as long as I can decapitate people by punching them in the face with my bare hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Also how all the praise for how deep and subversive their writing is got to their heads and now literally every quest has a twist ending to the point where it becomes rote and predictable when Bob the Puppykicker is actually a good guy and the guy who gave you the quest was the evil one all along.

wat

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I reckon Fallout 4 is ready for release within a year then.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

I reckon Fallout 4 is ready for release within a year then.
They had better not rush this to stores without remembering to put the guns in first. And I do not mean in a DLC pack!

Orv
May 4, 2011

That's pretty much PoE.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I unironically want skyrim with guns

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

They had better not rush this to stores without remembering to put the guns in first. And I do not mean in a DLC pack!

Sorry, but if you listened to the presidents, you'd know the only weapons allowed in a post-apocalyptic world are sticks, stones and slings.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So what 50s song will the new trailer play while slowly panning over some wrecked cityscape to a guy holding a gun that looks at the camera before cutting to logo?

I'm hoping for mister sandman

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

So what 50s song will the new trailer play while slowly panning over some wrecked cityscape to a guy holding a gun that looks at the camera before cutting to logo?

It's about a decade late, but this would be extremely correct for a Fallout trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ABWNYZaFE

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7fnYSCIy0

Or just go with Long Tall Sally because gently caress it.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
just play the intro to skyrim and then show the dovakin step through a time portal into the fallout world

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

just play the intro to skyrim and then show the dovakin step through a time portal into the fallout world
He steps into the Fallout world, pulls out a pair of sunglasses, and says "Fus Ro Yeah."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dragonforce begins playing immediately.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Michael Kirkbride will take over as lead writer and Fallout 4 will take place in the Elder Scrolls universe and we'll learn that the Daedra were behind the nuclear war

Also everyone should read c0da

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cubey posted:

Also everyone should read c0da

No, no they shouldn't. At least not as a real thing to read. You should partake of it to see just how loving off he has gone.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Orv posted:

No, no they shouldn't. At least not as a real thing to read. You should partake of it to see just how loving off he has gone.

Something as batshit as c0da doesn't come along very often, it's worth reading just for that. Also I truly think Skyrim and especially, ESPECIALLY Oblivion would have been way better with more Kirkbride crazy, they were way too tame.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't get me wrong, Kirkbride is a huge part of why Morrowind was so much itself, but c0da is just something else. Yeah totally read it, but have some liquor at hand or something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Orv posted:

Yeah totally read it, but have some liquor at hand or something.

I think part of why Kirkbride was sacked was his blatant alcoholism making him impossible to work with, so yeah, you might as well read that poo poo while being as drunk off your rear end as he must have been to write it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

computer parts posted:

The intro is the worst part of any Bethesda game though.

Uh, the intro to the Fallout games have Ron Perlman, so you can shut the gently caress up.

Kelp Plankton posted:

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ko2VXpW7_g

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Don't get me wrong, Kirkbride is a huge part of why Morrowind was so much itself, but c0da is just something else. Yeah totally read it, but have some liquor at hand or something.

If you can't handle insane metaphysicals, then you are not my friend.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

If you can't handle insane metaphysicals, then you are not my friend.

You'll note that handle and "be okay with" are different things.

E: I'll say I'm totally okay with the art though. c0da has some great art.

Orv fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 12, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Uh, the intro to the Fallout games have Ron Perlman, so you can shut the gently caress up.

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ko2VXpW7_g

Deeeeeeeeak

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So, uh, are the new Fallout 4 rumors true?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

The Bananana posted:

So, uh, are the new Fallout 4 rumors true?

Yes. It's on the idtech5 engine and id software is part of the development. It's going to be the greatest game ever made.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Wow a sequel to gayest dad simulator 2008. Amazing :what:

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
yay fallout!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Pt-LnQ2po

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Toadsniff posted:

Wow a sequel to gayest dad simulator 2008. Amazing :what:

Wanna meet that dad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Rage posted:

Wanna meet that dad

Classic.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Get ready for plenty of quote worthy No Mutants Allowed forum posts. Hopefully Doom will just be a straight port of Brutal Doom with remade Doom levels.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Yaos posted:

Get ready for plenty of quote worthy No Mutants Allowed forum posts. Hopefully Doom will just be a straight port of Brutal Doom with remade Doom levels.

You don't even need to look that far these days. Just search for "Fallout 3" here and you'll find plenty of NMA-caliber posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I guess they were.

• Locked thread