Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
5 dogs hogs in a bogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Max Hammer posted:

Pssst! You can still get tacos from Burger King. Guy in front of me did it 2 days ago. hth.

AFAIK they havent made tacos in more then a decade... color me intrigued...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Picnic Princess posted:

I don't understand why I can only get burgers as a main at burger king, like, I'm so confused. Goddamn.
is your alt a beefmancer? that might be why they see burgers where your main doesn't

also post your taco build

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

how did they do this

Captain Yossarian posted:

AFAIK they havent made tacos in more then a decade... color me intrigued...

The guy literally asked 'Do you guys still serve tacos?' and they said yes. So he ordered some tacos. I don't know if every location will do this, but they definitely are not on the menu. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, so maybe it depends on the region. Also, after bringing this up my wife told me that a guy at her work still does this regularly and says that BK's tacos are better than some of the actual mexican restaurants around here. So there's that. I dunno, if you're really interested, give it a try. I don't really prefer BK when it comes down to it so I haven't had the chance to try it myself, all I have is hearsay. But if you do give it a try, make sure to share they experience for those of us that are curious.

Just realized if there are any goons that live near me, they can go to the place that has been confirmed to do this. Burger King in Countryside, IL on LaGrange Rd.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Max Hammer posted:

The guy literally asked 'Do you guys still serve tacos?' and they said yes. So he ordered some tacos. I don't know if every location will do this, but they definitely are not on the menu. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, so maybe it depends on the region. Also, after bringing this up my wife told me that a guy at her work still does this regularly and says that BK's tacos are better than some of the actual mexican restaurants around here. So there's that. I dunno, if you're really interested, give it a try. I don't really prefer BK when it comes down to it so I haven't had the chance to try it myself, all I have is hearsay. But if you do give it a try, make sure to share they experience for those of us that are curious.

Just realized if there are any goons that live near me, they can go to the place that has been confirmed to do this. Burger King in Countryside, IL on LaGrange Rd.

This is amazing... I will have to check this week sometime. I drive by like 6 on the way to work. I just hope your BK isn't a test one :(

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
All the Burger King locations in Chicago serve tacos.

I have not checked to see whether other locations are doing the same

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

All the Burger King locations in Chicago serve tacos.

I have not checked to see whether other locations are doing the same

See, this I did not know. Fellow Chicagoon?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max Hammer posted:

This isn't some secret menu thing that any BK can just make like a McDLT. They are little frozen tacos that go in a deep frier (or were when I worked there in the 90s). They are either on the menu, or they don't sell them. Based on this description of them I have to assume they aren't the same tacos, because no one would have said the old ones were better than any mexican restaurant. They were good, don't get me wrong, but they were just tiny deep fried "meat" pouches.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

?

those are not tacos you loving heathens and im not even being a hipster

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Max Hammer posted:

See, this I did not know. Fellow Chicagoon?

Yes, formerly....now residing in Florida (KILL ME)

mrwuss posted:

?

those are not tacos you loving heathens and im not even being a hipster

Lol those are what they sell at Costco, not from BK. These are an accurate representation:

Not terrible but not much more than a gimmick

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That looks worse than taco bell (somehow) hth

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

thathonkey posted:

yah, but the idea of getting tacos from BK makes me giggle

YMMV

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Lol those are what they sell at Costco, not from BK. These are an accurate representation:

I want a taco from Burger Ling.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
king

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

JakeP posted:

This isn't some secret menu thing that any BK can just make like a McDLT. They are little frozen tacos that go in a deep frier (or were when I worked there in the 90s). They are either on the menu, or they don't sell them. Based on this description of them I have to assume they aren't the same tacos, because no one would have said the old ones were better than any mexican restaurant. They were good, don't get me wrong, but they were just tiny deep fried "meat" pouches.

Well they serve them if asked for, and aren't on the menu. If that isn't a 'secret' menu in name at very least then I don't know what is. And obviously I'm not the only one that's witnessed it. So I don't know what kinda tacos you're referring to, but this just happened in front of me the other day, so I don't know what to tell ya Champ. NIN Shirt's pictures are spot on.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
It appears they may only be at Chicagoland area BKs. I stopped at one, called another and asked an acquaintance who part times at another and no dice here. I now lust for Burger King Tacos

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

Captain Yossarian posted:

It appears they may only be at Chicagoland area BKs. I stopped at one, called another and asked an acquaintance who part times at another and no dice here. I now lust for Burger King Tacos

I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. To make amends, I will mail you a BK taco, although it may grease itself out of the envelope.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Max Hammer posted:

I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. To make amends, I will mail you a BK taco, although it may grease itself out of the envelope.

The image of a BK taco smashed into an envelope made up for my lack of a BK taco. Thanks Max Hammer :)

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
this is why doobie succeeded.

suck on it bad froggers.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Where the gently caress do they sell tacos at Costco? I can literally drive to Mexico in less than 45 minutes and my Costco only has the standard menu plus a pulled pork sandwich.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^^ they're in with the frozen food, in a massive box usually

Rambling Robot posted:

this is why doobie succeeded.

suck on it bad froggers.
good idea, we should suggest he picks up some frozen tacos next time he's at Sam's Club

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Has anyone tried smoked hot dogs? A BBQ place by me does them but I dunno if its worth getting over the pulled pork.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

Jack In The Box tacos are my secret shameful vice.

Back to the subject of dogs, though, you'd have to pay me to try 'em from McDonalds or BK. Yuck.

I've tried Sonic hot dogs and, like the rest of their food, was unimpressed. Gonna stick with Der Wienerschnitzel for my fast-food tubes of mystery meat.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

dad gay. so what posted:

I'm a 5 guys man myself, OP

go on...

Zaeryth
Dec 14, 2014

No. 6 posted:

What kind of monster would serve hotdogs in the same restaurant as hamburgers?

Has to be troll post, lol.
Is that anything like.... what kind of monster would serve fish in the same restaurant as hamburgers?

Zaeryth
Dec 14, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

the waiters at mcdonalds are terrible

LOL, wondering how long you sat waiting! ;)

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!
[http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/New-Wicker-Park-Taco-Bell-Could-Be-First-to-Serve-Alcohol-303629101.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand]

Apparently fast food joints are just better in Chicago than they are everywhere else. For those who don't want to follow the link, it seems like a Chicagoland Taco Bell will be the first one to offer booze in the entire country. So now you can get wasted and poo poo your pants, at least you'll have an excuse.

Max Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 13, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I guess when fast food restaurants are the only place anyone can afford to go out to eat, they have to step up their game.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Zaeryth posted:

LOL, wondering how long you sat waiting! ;)

Growing up in the Midwest we had a Hardee's (think Carl's Jr.) that had a nice grandmotherly lady who would greet you and also walked around with a pitcher of Coke and asked if you wanted refills. To 10 year old me, it seemed like a better work environment than say a Walmart greeter which is what I imagine she would have been doing in this decade, but perhaps it was not.

e: Chicago must have terrible Mexican food for a large American city if BK tacos were legit better than it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max Hammer posted:

Well they serve them if asked for, and aren't on the menu. If that isn't a 'secret' menu in name at very least then I don't know what is. And obviously I'm not the only one that's witnessed it. So I don't know what kinda tacos you're referring to, but this just happened in front of me the other day, so I don't know what to tell ya Champ. NIN Shirt's pictures are spot on.

That doesn't make any sense. That is saying they have perishable items they are just holding bbut not using. They are or were available in some areas, but it isn't something that is made with their basic ingrediants. They have a taco shell and taco sauce.

It is also different from the mini tacos they sold when I worked there in the 90s

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No. 6 posted:

What kind of monster would serve hotdogs in the same restaurant as hamburgers?

Five Guys

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

CrashCat posted:

I guess when fast food restaurants are the only place anyone can afford to go out to eat, they have to step up their game.

You are not wrong. Welcome to Cook County.

JakeP posted:

That doesn't make any sense. That is saying they have perishable items they are just holding bbut not using. They are or were available in some areas, but it isn't something that is made with their basic ingrediants. They have a taco shell and taco sauce.

It is also different from the mini tacos they sold when I worked there in the 90s

Oh, it absolutely makes no loving sense, but I can only share what I've seen/heard. But it does seem supremely stupid.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I swear half of the menu in Taco Bell is unlisted. I love the cheesy gordida crunch and I haven't seen it on the menu for years, but I always order it without any problems. Cant imagine that they sell so many unlisted, but hell, why else would they even still have them?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Original_Z posted:

I swear half of the menu in Taco Bell is unlisted. I love the cheesy gordida crunch and I haven't seen it on the menu for years, but I always order it without any problems. Cant imagine that they sell so many unlisted, but hell, why else would they even still have them?
It's not exactly rocket science. If you made a Cheesy Gordita Crunch once you can do it again easy because it's just a tiny change from a regular Gordita and uses poo poo they keep on hand already. As far as the cash register goes, it's trivial to keep it in the menu there along with everything else since they're all computerized. The thing that costs money is making fancy menus for the various displays in the restaurant, so they don't always squeeze everything in. Even that may be less and less relevant as some fast food places are converting to monitors instead of backlit signs.

What makes the BK taco thing weird is they have to keep entire other stock on hand just for this item they don't seem to care if anyone buys.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 14, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
did anyone post that article describing how the mcrib being back or not being back depends on if thre is a dip in the market value of pork

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

This is not canon.

• Locked thread