Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

hey dad gay you seem like a man of taste we spoke earlier about me being in culinary school. you got any ideas what i should cook for my final????? its in 2 weeks

maybe some stuffed poblanos with a chipolte / roasted corn cream sauce?

maybe stuff them with grilled chicken, black beans, cheddar, montery jack, cotija, cilantro and green onion?
maybe spice the stuffing with a little pureed chipoltes in adobo, roast garlic, cumin, crriander, and black pepper?

maybe make a cold sauce out of sour cream, wippjng cream, raosted corn, the rest of the chipolte puree, and roast garlic?

maybe serve one plated with the sauce on the bottom some redhot blues blue corn chips, and a dollop of sour cream on top?

dont forget to sweat and peel the poblanos?

i dunno, or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oh yeah i forgot pine nuts for the stuffing, thats the key maybe?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
or maybe a pie made out of dog poo poo and garbage

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

http://www.ninjanewyork.com/

This one. The food was good and my dessert was shaped like a little bonsai tree. Yes I am a massive weeb.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've had dinner at Club 33 a few times. Pretty nice place. Interesting to have a few shots while watching the crowds lining up for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Back when I lived in Waltham I went to La Campania. Appetizer was seared foie gras, entreé was a nice filet with elephant oyster mushrooms & broccoli rabe, and dessert was a nice little créme brûlée. Along with the bottle of '78 Pinot Noir it only set me back $200.

Now that I live in Portland I've been meaning to check out Le Pigeon.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Chez Nico in 1998 for my Birthday.

It was a 3 star Michelin restaurant, one of like 4 in the uk. Needless to say the food was loving amazing. It is closed now though :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

Chez Nico in 1998 for my Birthday.

It was a 3 star Michelin restaurant, one of like 4 in the uk. Needless to say the food was loving amazing. It is closed now though :(

y did it close? too fancy?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once went to a subway and then i smelled like subway for the rest of the day and it made me want to puke

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
El Bulli back in the day

more recently to Quique Dacosta, which is basically the new Bulli

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ropa posted:

El Bulli back in the day

more recently to Quique Dacosta, which is basically the new Bulli

what is this? star wars? lol

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
One of my dad's coworkers has a club 33 restaurant membership (the secret one at Disneyland) and we got brought in as guests and it was nice

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FordPRefectLL posted:

One of my dad's coworkers has a club 33 restaurant membership (the secret one at Disneyland) and we got brought in as guests and it was nice

what do they do in there?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

what do they do in there?

It's basically an eyes wide shut orgy during Disneylands operating hours

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FordPRefectLL posted:

It's basically an eyes wide shut orgy during Disneylands operating hours

that sounds like its right up my alley as long as i can keep my shirt on

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

All dudes need to keep their shirt on and wear tube socks pulled up all the way

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I've had dinner while traveling first class on the Eurostar. Does that count? It was pretty nice.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
sizzler

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

dad gay. so what posted:

i once went to a subway and then i smelled like subway for the rest of the day and it made me want to puke

what's wrong about Subway scent? better than BK.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Frank Viola posted:

Bern's in Tampa, FL. It was pretty cool.

Seriously, if you ever find yourself in that white trash town of Tampa, go here.

You can drop anywhere from $30-250 on a steak, drop $20-200,000 on any of their five hundred thousand bottles of wine , get a full tour of the cellars and kitchen, then go upstairs to a dessert room.

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
High Table at Merton College, Oxford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
My fav. is beef tongue tacos with cilantro, lime and diced onion with homemade hot red sauce from a food tuck made by this really nice mexican couple. it costs me like $4 even with a giant bottle of coke, jarritos or fanta.

I did go to some fancy places in London on my dad's business trip about 10 years ago and had things like tartare and stuff but the meals weren't really memorable.

• Locked thread