Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hey OP why didn't you moan about this then instead of 6 years later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

The Snark posted:

You are very sensitive about Hog Hunting methods, I think it's because you want to jump on the wagon with all the assholes who desperately want to ram home how they are so much better because THEY don't kill piggies- but you killed piggies, so you can't do that.

Instead, you have hit upon the idea that your method is not only the best method but is the One True Method you can use and be a Good Person- with everyone else using... say... a spear being Baaad Persons that it's perfectly just to hate and want to kill.

Oh, and MODERN bow hunting is OK too.

Your head is not where it should be, and it seems like it should be hard to breath while wearing your own intestine like a bank robber in pantyhose.

It's real simple: If you have quick and humane methods of dispatching nuisance animals readily available to you and instead you choose a much less efficient method with a much higher chance of suffering for the animal then you are a sick and dangerous person that should be separated from decent society for our own safety.

The bandwagon to jump on is the one for basic human decency. This isn't a controversial opinion that I'm voicing here. Being unnecessarily cruel to animals is a sure sign that something is wrong with you.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

City of Tampa posted:

It's real simple: If you have quick and humane methods of dispatching nuisance animals readily available to you and instead you choose a much less efficient method with a much higher chance of suffering for the animal then you are a sick and dangerous person that should be separated from decent society for our own safety.

The bandwagon to jump on is the one for basic human decency. This isn't a controversial opinion that I'm voicing here. Being unnecessarily cruel to animals is a sure sign that something is wrong with you.

Shut up human being

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Superconsndar posted:

edit: probably half of the ones I killed were full of buckshot and healed bullet wounds from rednecks who were real confidant that they could definitely kill them by shooting them

This is the part where you gave away the fact that you are completely full of poo poo.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
This loving guy God drat. What a loving Hill to die on "proper methods to kill wild pigs" good grief

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm glad the hog man makes goons mad and I hope he continues spearing wild pigs like an ancient African tribesman

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cowman posted:

Bushman is pretty awesome and everybody whining about him killing boars is an idiot. The boars are destroying the environment and are an invasive species. gently caress them and kill them all.

its like defending 200 pound rats, it makes no sense.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

City of Tampa posted:

Spear creates a much larger wound so the pig will bleed out than any bullet that isn't fired from a cannon. Ever heard of a hunter bitching about how he had to follow a dear he shot for several miles? Bullets aren't some magic poo poo that just snuffs out the life of whatever they touch. There is a reason the term "Boar Spear" is fairly well known throughout history even during ages when more modern means of killing were available. It's because spears are really good at killing hogs fairly quickly, and once you have it speared you can control it's movement (i.e. you can stop it from goring the gently caress out of you).

I have a buddy that shoots wild hog on his farm all the time. His primary weapon is his 7.62 rifle, but he also carries a boar spear for when that's not an option, or for when he gets charged.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Guys can you stop killing animals I've never laid eyes on thanks

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
i once pulled the wings off a fly

on a scale from gandhi to mengele how messed up am i

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Rhymenoserous posted:

Spear creates a much larger wound so the pig will bleed out than any bullet that isn't fired from a cannon. Ever heard of a hunter bitching about how he had to follow a dear he shot for several miles? Bullets aren't some magic poo poo that just snuffs out the life of whatever they touch. There is a reason the term "Boar Spear" is fairly well known throughout history even during ages when more modern means of killing were available. It's because spears are really good at killing hogs fairly quickly, and once you have it speared you can control it's movement (i.e. you can stop it from goring the gently caress out of you).

I have a buddy that shoots wild hog on his farm all the time. His primary weapon is his 7.62 rifle, but he also carries a boar spear for when that's not an option, or for when he gets charged.

As a last-ditch self defense method a spear or a knife makes some sense. But I'm not buying the argument that a spear wound is worse than a round of .308 (or whatever rifle round) through the ribcage, lungs, and heart.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

City of Tampa posted:

As a last-ditch self defense method a spear or a knife makes some sense. But I'm not buying the argument that a spear wound is worse than a round of .308 (or whatever rifle round) through the ribcage, lungs, and heart.

Who suggested a knife? You want to use a knife on them, don't you? Hold them down, cut a bit off a bit at a time while they slowly bleed out huh? Probably intend to cook the chunks and force feed it to the screaming pig or just eat fresh bacon in front of it.

I know you want to do this because you said knife and no one else said knife and clearly YOU ARE A HORRIBLE MONSTER.

This is why you don't want to use the spear! Because if you use the spear then you'll use the knife and you know once you get into that habit you can't stop yourself and next thing you know you're running through downtown wearing a screaming, bleeding, suit stitched together from mangled pigs.

GET HELP.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 16, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you guys should probably spear some pigs instead of those poor swine

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

blowfish posted:

i once pulled the wings off a fly

on a scale from gandhi to mengele how messed up am i

4.1 petahitlers

City of Tampa posted:

How good of a shot are you and at what range do you plan to do this before said boar charges you and rips you to shreds as you're reloading / fumbling with the rifle

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

City of Tampa posted:

This is the part where you gave away the fact that you are completely full of poo poo.

Okay. I'm not though? I guess if someone disagrees with you you can just call them a liar and win lmao

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I think you should just get a cannon and blow the fucker away that way. Set it up and BOOM when it comes by with a trip wire. It's like a mouse trap but with more boom. I would like to see this, Bushman.

E: Supercondescending.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
imo you should skip that step and go full retard

borrow a davy crocket from the local army base

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I think you should just get a cannon and blow the fucker away that way. Set it up and BOOM when it comes by with a trip wire. It's like a mouse trap but with more boom. I would like to see this, Bushman.

you're the guy who carries a hammer around a military base to hit dogs with

thanks for stopping by

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

bonvivant posted:

thanks for stopping by

doxxing is a bannable offense on something awful

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The man loves his work.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bushman was a legitimately cool and interesting poster and contributed more to making this site an interesting place to visit back in the day than any of us in 2015 gbs

but seriously though bushman should have ran around with a captive bolt gun like the guy in No Country For Old Men and said a little latin prayer for each and every pig he killed then gave them a full christian burial right then and there while the body is still hot, with an EPA representative in tow marking off all the ways it is saving the environment on a clipboard, with an African tribal guide advising him on his methods, maybe then it would be harder for people to have a bunch of lily-livered human being false outrage about it

Bushman
Feb 16, 2004

bonvivant posted:

why aren't you answering a simple question? I've shot a gun and it wasn't hard to hit a target at all. why is utilizing a gun for its intended purpose (death of a human or nonhuman animal) "badass" and worthy of adulation?

Wow, you shot a gun and hit a target!

Do me a favor.
Creep around for hours in the dead of night in the middle of no where while surrounded my mosquitos, snakes, and pissed off wild pigs.
Do it when the weather is poo poo, do it when its cold, do it when its hot. Do it in a thunderstorm, or while a hurricane is rolling in for extra fun.
Do it for days on end when the pigs don't show up and don't quit.
Sleep on the ground, sleep in your truck, drink water from a ditch.
Do it when all you can afford is a old shotgun and a mag light, do it when you can afford night vision and $10k thermal scopes.
Find them with your eyes, your nose, your ears, your brain, go nuts and build your own UAV to spot them.
Follow their tracks, pattern their movement, feel the warm spots on the ground where they were sleeping just minutes before.
Find them in the corn where you can only see 2 feet unless you lay down.
Listen to those fuckers grinding their chompers when they smell you close.
Grunt back and forth with them to ease their fear before you wipe them out.
Shoot them when they are standing still, when they are running, when they are charging right at you.
Shoot after you've worked a good 10 hour day had an hour drive to the farm and waded through the muck for 4 hours searching.

Do it loving barefoot.
Then come and tell me you don't feel any more awesome than before (or you could just play another round of counterstrike then jerk off to internet pron and cry yourself to sleep at the injustice of the world).

City of Tampa posted:

I agree. However, using a spear isn't unnecessarily cruel and for a time worked better than the other tools I had. (not so anymore, and I haven't used it in a few years now).
People bow hunt for the challenge, it is perfectly acceptable method as is a spear, or a foot on the head in a few inches of water.

Also, most people do not aim for headshots. The brain is small, the skull is thick, and the areas around it will not provide for a very humane kill so there is little room for error. Pigs also tend to have very twichy heads.
My advice to all pig shooters is a base of the neck shot. It provides a very quick kill if you are on target and much more room for error as the head is on one side and vitals on the left. If you hit low, the pig is likely to bleed out quickly. If you hit high, the long spinal process bones on a pigs neck are large and if hit should cause temporary paralysis for a follow up shot.

Also, also. Don't loving try and use a sword. You will die. Trust me.
http://imgur.com/fO003Mw,CaKcTF2#1

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Bushman posted:

Wow, you shot a gun and hit a target!

Do me a favor.
Creep around for hours in the dead of night in the middle of no where while surrounded my mosquitos, snakes, and pissed off wild pigs.
Do it when the weather is poo poo, do it when its cold, do it when its hot. Do it in a thunderstorm, or while a hurricane is rolling in for extra fun.
Do it for days on end when the pigs don't show up and don't quit.
Sleep on the ground, sleep in your truck, drink water from a ditch.
Do it when all you can afford is a old shotgun and a mag light, do it when you can afford night vision and $10k thermal scopes.
Find them with your eyes, your nose, your ears, your brain, go nuts and build your own UAV to spot them.
Follow their tracks, pattern their movement, feel the warm spots on the ground where they were sleeping just minutes before.
Find them in the corn where you can only see 2 feet unless you lay down.
Listen to those fuckers grinding their chompers when they smell you close.
Grunt back and forth with them to ease their fear before you wipe them out.
Shoot them when they are standing still, when they are running, when they are charging right at you.
Shoot after you've worked a good 10 hour day had an hour drive to the farm and waded through the muck for 4 hours searching.

Do it loving barefoot.
Then come and tell me you don't feel any more awesome than before (or you could just play another round of counterstrike then jerk off to internet pron and cry yourself to sleep at the injustice of the world).

so did peta ever contact you after they put a copy of your thread on their website you tryhard nerd

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

would rather have a forum full of bushmans than a forum full of bonvivants

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Idk man, i just use my ak. They die real quick.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

would rather have a forum full of bushmans than a forum full of bonvivants

weird how I'm seeing a lot of racists here now too

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I imagine having your dox up on PETA's website is like a college degree but for hawg huntin. Reckon I don't got no fancy diploma but Peetur's got mah pitcher on there website right under Kernel Saunders and Ronald MacDonald.

Bushman
Feb 16, 2004

bonvivant posted:

so did peta ever contact you after they put a copy of your thread on their website you tryhard nerd

No. I think they did a letter writing campaign to the Mayor of a city I lived in to get me arrested but since I hadn't broken any laws I guess it didn't get very far. *shrug*
The wildlife and fisheries did come to my house, and walked away with a photo of me and them posing with the spear. A year or two later I used the UAV to help a wildlife officer catch some trespassers and he figured out who I was and we had a good laugh about it, apparently the photo got passed around a lot.

Bushman
Feb 16, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

Idk man, i just use my ak. They die real quick.

I shoot 300 BLK these days. .308 Win was just too much crap to lug around. It's a good compromise. I just wish the ammo was as cheap as 5.56

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

bonvivant posted:

thanks for stopping by

No but I said I did and it was hilarious and I'm glad it got found five years later. It made me go :allears: memories.

I also said lots of other crazy poo poo I didn't mean because that is what you do when you fake post. I actually also like Sheamus the wrestler but PSP is convinced I want to eat him alive or something and I still find that funny.

Segmentation Fault posted:

doxxing is a bannable offense on something awful

:lol: It was posted in PI when I was fake posting as hard as I could.

Justin Tyme posted:

bushman was a legitimately cool and interesting poster and contributed more to making this site an interesting place to visit back in the day than any of us in 2015 gbs

I dunno, some of us help with SASS yearly and that's a thing.

E: Bushman should hunt with grenades and landmines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Booby traps are illegal in most states. Booby traps with guns? federally illegal.

• Locked thread