Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
maybe I was thinking of that guy or conflating him with another guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

Can't wait to dig in to the fight pass archives. What is the funniest fight you've ever seen? Be as subjective as you like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqNcgweQXA

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I dont know if Cage Rage is on fightpass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdsc0hPpeA

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Oh cant belive I didnt think of this. Funniest fight ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Het_y1KL1ws

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Eat This Glob posted:

Oddly enough, I got an email a week ago for a promo for a year of fight pass for $65.88. I couldn't think of anything I wanted for Christmas from the in-laws, but this seems like a no-brainer.

I got the same email, and will be re-upping mine this weekend!

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
cole konrad was an undefeated heavyweight who retired to become a commodities broker at like 27

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bundt Cake posted:

Oh cant belive I didnt think of this. Funniest fight ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Het_y1KL1ws

I'm so mad that the version of this that was black and white and set to old french music seems to have disappeared from the internet

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
quarry/starnes was funny for a few reasons, fujita against graber and kurtanidze were funny for the same reason, fujita/shamrock was funny for even a different reason

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I.N.R.I posted:

are there any great fighters who decided to retire while they were still coming up ? maybe they decided to go to university or do another sport, that kind of thing.

A lot of people know but some don't - Lee Murray went 8-2-1(1) with his last fight being a decision loss to Anderson Silva. He masterminded Securitas Depot robbery (£53m heist) and was arrested in Morroco and has been there since 2006 and had his sentence extended when he tried to escape.

Philip Miller went 16-0 from 2000-2003 and 2-0 in UFC, he stopped fighting and became LAPD

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Patrick Cote went to university to study nutrition like last year or something, but hasn't quit fighting yet. Genki Sudo was inspired to quit fighting because he saw a sign in front of a urinal saying "one step forward", did a master's degree in politics, then became a dancer/musician. Nick Thompson became a lawyer. Rosi Sexton is presumably doing something with one of her 500 degrees instead of losing fights now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

acai moonsault posted:

A lot of people know but some don't - Lee Murray went 8-2-1(1) with his last fight being a decision loss to Anderson Silva. He masterminded Securitas Depot robbery (£53m heist) and was arrested in Morroco and has been there since 2006 and had his sentence extended when he tried to escape.

Philip Miller went 16-0 from 2000-2003 and 2-0 in UFC, he stopped fighting and became LAPD

haha, wow.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I think Nick Thompson was also putting together an mma management company, but I'm not sure whether that panned out or not.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
For Wrestlehut posters that are new to MMA, you might check out Diego Sanchez. I have blown several people's minds when I explain to them that Daniel Bryan's YES gimmick was stolen from a literal crazy person in MMA. He's dropped off a bit lately, but most of his fights from Gilbert Melendez and prior were great, with Diego vs Karo Parisyan being one of those Legendary fights that people are going to talk about forever.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

For Wrestlehut posters that are new to MMA, you might check out Diego Sanchez. I have blown several people's minds when I explain to them that Daniel Bryan's YES gimmick was stolen from a literal crazy person in MMA. He's dropped off a bit lately, but most of his fights from Gilbert Melendez and prior were great, with Diego vs Karo Parisyan being one of those Legendary fights that people are going to talk about forever.

This owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_8WJzhsow

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Fatherdog is there any way to set up some kind of auto posting function? Any time someone posts in an mma thread for the first time I'd like to just immediately tell them to watch Leben vs Akiyama, that fight is best enjoyed in a vacuum before you know anything about either guy

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Fatherdog is there any way to set up some kind of auto posting function? Any time someone posts in an mma thread for the first time I'd like to just immediately tell them to watch Leben vs Akiyama, that fight is best enjoyed in a vacuum before you know anything about either guy

Bless you. Personally I think knowing that akiyama is a greasy cheating gently caress made that fight one of the most enjoyable I've ever watched.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gramps posted:

Bless you. Personally I think knowing that akiyama is a greasy cheating gently caress made that fight one of the most enjoyable I've ever watched.

Leben taking the fight on like two days notice after fighting the week before and ultimately setting a UFC record is a good tidbit too, but knowing beforehand that Akiyama is terrible, Leben is on drugs and neither accomplished anything meaningful in the sport can only make it less magical.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Overeem/Bigfoot silva and overeem/browne are both hilarious and happened one right after another. I like to say that the Bigfoot fight was an epic movie and then the browne fight was the first episode of the spin off tv show

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Leben vs Terry Martin owns a whole lot as well.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

colonel_korn posted:

Leben vs Terry Martin owns a whole lot as well.

To watch Leben's first 6 UFC fights in order might actually prove a productive and educational experience, though admittedly i haven't seen all of them.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

CommonShore posted:

To watch Leben's first 6 UFC fights in order might actually prove a productive and educational experience, though admittedly i haven't seen all of them.

Oh my God people should do this...all that build up and then welp

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dangersim posted:

Overeem/Bigfoot silva and overeem/browne are both hilarious and happened one right after another. I like to say that the Bigfoot fight was an epic movie and then the browne fight was the first episode of the spin off tv show

conclude this with bigfoot/browne

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Looks like some Cage Rage fights and Glory 26 were added to UFC Fight Pass within the past couple days.

Truxton Spangler
Nov 12, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's Kimbo vs. Dada classic and would like to see more fights like it. Has anyone made a playlist of fights where both guys are gassed and hilarity ensues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Nikita krylov vs soa palelei

• Locked thread