Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Ever found a really bizarre or idiotic wiki on some niche topic? Post it here.

(TV Tropes and its spinoffs are okay, but I don't want this to become another TVT thread. And Conservapedia has its own thread.)

I recently found a pbworks wiki called Chainsmashers, which is devoted to mocking and debunking stupid online chain letters. Though it's nominally a wiki, almost everything is done by a user named Capri. And the "smashing" comments, however, are possibly even dumber than the letters themselves.

Capri does not understand parody.

quote:

Billy Evans: The doctors gave me an artificial body.

Capri: nope, can't be done. Not even eye-transplants can be done yet.

Billy Evans: It is a burlap bag filled with leaves.

Capri: Only a three-year-old playing doctor would try that and come close to believing it made their doll real.

Billy Evans: The doctors said that was the best they could do on account of us having no money or insurance.

Capri: Liar. Doctors just don't come in this degree of greedy quack.

And is infuriated that a site called Politifact deals exclusively with politics and not superstitious YouTube nonsense:

quote:

Capri: *Rolling eyes* Oh, right, the Obama thing again. So, I suppose it's a bit less wacky to repost blogger awards, money bags hoaxes, containing sappy sayings and stories that claim to be true and aren't, say they're written by some fictitious dying kid? Is the death-chain any less egregious considering the psych out number it does on little kids? How about that Amy Bruce or Tamara Martin hoaxes that lie about charities and guilt-trip people into thinking they're horrible human beings for not spreading these hoaxes? How about the chain email lie claiming Tommy Hilfiger is a racist? I suppose all of those are just a bit less of a sin because they're not bashing the Obamas.
Capri: Yeah um, you also know the one about dihydrogen monoxide being something to avoid at all costs is also pants on fire, and so is the one about the grateful shark, the teddybear cloud, the one about onions preventing the flu, George Bush as Walking Eagle, and the Debbie Schwartz tale… All pants on fire.

Bonus homophobia!

Additional bonus: My Little Pony is PETA brainwashing propaganda!

quote:

3. MLP is anthropomorphic, especially with this Equestria Girls thing. Anthropomorphism is a very powerful propaganda tool in the animal rights arsenal, and they are not above using kiddy media to preach their religion to impressionable young minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
No list of crazy wikis is complete without Dozerfleet Productions.

A goon found this wiki during one of the old internet TV tropes threads (how I miss those) and everyone realised that gold had been struck - so much so that the F Plus did a whole episode on it in response to goon submissions.

What is Dozerfleet, to the uninitiated? It's very hard to describe succinctly, but here goes:

A possibly mentally ill and definitely :spergin: Christian fundamentalist conservative/libertarian "nice guy"/MRA/fedora type chronicles his pathetic life by imagining himself as the CEO of a massive media conglomerate "Dozerfleet Productions", for which the Dozerfleet wiki acts as a sort of simultaneously in-universe and out-of-universe reference material. He refers to himself in the third person as "the Dozerfleet Founder" throughout. ("Dozerfleet" refers apparently to someone at high school telling him that he was so fat that it would take a fleet of bulldozers to move him, which he took as some kind of compliment.) The wiki includes many fictional publications, films and TV series, including "Stationery Voyagers", a Star Trek-style space opera starring sentient office supplies. It also includes non-fictional publications, such as the creepy letters he sent various girls when they moved out of state just to get away from him, and blurry, indistinct pictures of said girls.

It is possibly the most insane site on the entire internet.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Axeman Jim posted:

A goon found this wiki during one of the old internet TV tropes threads (how I miss those) and everyone realised that gold had been struck - so much so that the F Plus did a whole episode on it in response to goon submissions.

What is Dozerfleet, to the uninitiated? It's very hard to describe succinctly, but here goes:

A possibly mentally ill and definitely :spergin: Christian fundamentalist conservative/libertarian "nice guy"/MRA/fedora type chronicles his pathetic life by imagining himself as the CEO of a massive media conglomerate "Dozerfleet Productions", for which the Dozerfleet wiki acts as a sort of simultaneously in-universe and out-of-universe reference material. He refers to himself in the third person as "the Dozerfleet Founder" throughout. ("Dozerfleet" refers apparently to someone at high school telling him that he was so fat that it would take a fleet of bulldozers to move him, which he took as some kind of compliment.) The wiki includes many fictional publications, films and TV series, including "Stationery Voyagers", a Star Trek-style space opera starring sentient office supplies. It also includes non-fictional publications, such as the creepy letters he sent various girls when they moved out of state just to get away from him, and blurry, indistinct pictures of said girls.

One of my favorite things in Dozerfleet is when he states that Lena Dunham has brain damage from birth control pills.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Gotta go with the :nws: Anime Baths wiki.

http://animebaths.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

The worst thing is even I can tell that it's far from comprehensive- it didn't list this insanely hot scene.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Axeman Jim posted:

Ah, Dozerfleet, truly the Henry Darger of our age! I think his pen-based space opera also had elaborate descriptions of how the pens had sex (involving plasma limbs), and a subplot about Planned Parenthood taking over Japan.

e: Oh wow:

Crooked Rainbow posted:

2006, the Dozerfleet founder argued against a classmate (now referred to exclusively as "the Evil Hair Maiden") that "straight" was a totally appropriate term, and that only the term "gay" was a misnomer, as many who are caught up in homosexuality are anything but happy with their lives. "Crooked" was proposed to refer to all of it in general, but specifically towards those who harbor malice for heterosexual society - and have expressed it through their actions.

Another weird wiki, though less deranged, is Googology. It's a new branch of mathematics, the study of very large numbers. Which have names like "bukuwaha" and "meameamealokkapoowa oompa," with some dispute over whose number is the biggest of all. The front page also has this profound quote: "What if there are no people in the earth? The earth will be died, forever."

SerialKilldeer has a new favorite as of 03:37 on May 10, 2015

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

When Google decided that tvtropes had too much creepy fetish poo poo and pulled advertising for them, their solution was not to, y'know, not have creepy fetish poo poo, but rather to take it off-site and dedicate a whole wiki to creepy fetish poo poo! :downsbravo:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm glad you are listing crazy wikias, but I don't really need a list like that. I get all my information from metapedia. It sounds philosophical, so that is good enough for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Ever need a wiki to detail every little detail of fans who want to see Kirk and Spock bang?

:nws: http://fanlore.org/wiki/Timeline_of_K/S_Fandom :nws:

• Locked thread