Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Pleads posted:

2+ minutes, no replay. Show the loving replay Sportsnet

I miss TSN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Hey sportsnet, where's the replay.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Look Around You posted:

nbcsn showed it and perry is pretty much laying on ramo's leg and shoving his stick over ramo's.

bless him

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

2+ minutes, no replay. Show the loving replay Sportsnet

NBC showed it. Pretty questionable goal if you ask me.

Series enders always count though. See: Hull, Brett.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

If I were a flames fan and not just bandwagoning I'd be absolutely livid holy gently caress

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
ty Sportsnet

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This goal brought to you by not loving calling anything in the crease the last 4 games.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
good goal :cool:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
OK, thanks Sportsnet I guess we don't need to see that controversial goal.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
do people actually think that goal shoulda been called back?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

NBC showed it. Pretty questionable goal if you ask me.

Series enders always count though. See: Hull, Brett.

I mean this is a lot more egregious than brett hull's, who just had his foot somewhere that it technically shouldn't have been. Perry was literally on top of ramo's leg obviously impeding him from recovering

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Angry Asian posted:

I'm angry that they've been running through the crease the entire series not getting poo poo called and the series winner involves Corey loving Perry bumping into the goalie.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i really wanted the flames to win and that goal was questionable but dind't really seem like that big of a non call *weird kirby shrugging emoticon that a false always makes*

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Angry Asian posted:

Yeah, it is pretty dumb too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Look Around You posted:

I mean this is a lot more egregious than brett hull's, who just had his foot somewhere that it technically shouldn't have been. Perry was literally on top of ramo's leg obviously impeding him from recovering

Nah. Hull's was 100% against the rules at the time. This is borderline based on current rules. I'd like to see it reviewed but I'm not sure the call changes.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Also they can't review goalie interference, it was called a good goal on the ice, it is a goal, series over.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Get home to the handshake line.

Congrats to the literally hundreds of Ducks fans worldwide

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It doesn't because what goal was ever controversial when scored or called back based on goaltender interference!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Nah. Hull's was 100% against the rules at the time. This is borderline based on current rules. I'd like to see it reviewed but I'm not sure the call changes.

I'm not arguing based on the legality (as you said, Hull's was definitely illegal then), but in terms of actual impact on the play, Perry's is like 50x worse.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

There was definitely contact, I guess the argument would be that it didn't prevent Ramo from making the save. Which I kinda see.

gently caress corey perry all the same.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Look Around You posted:

imo much less egregious than hull's b/c his was a violation of what was essentially a black-and-white rule. much like the current Worst Penalty, it's a dumb rule, but it's just about as objective a call as you can get in a sport. this was maybe interference, to be honest i've only seen whatever replay they've showed on nbcsn like twice so i dunno, but it didn't really seem THAT bad

edit

Look Around You posted:

I'm not arguing based on the legality (as you said, Hull's was definitely illegal then), but in terms of actual impact on the play, Perry's is like 50x worse.

well ok yeah

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Flames were being butchered the whole (albeit short) OT. It was inevitable.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Oh well. The better team won in the end.

We started the season as cannon fodder and draft lottery contenders, overcame countless deficits and Giordano's injury, beat our biggest rivals in the playoffs, and gave a far more talented team a good run in the second round. Any team can throw #NeverQuit up on Twitter; the Flames lived it all season long. That's more than enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Goddamn Caps better get their poo poo together so there's a team I actually like playing next round.

• Locked thread