Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Good on a hotdog, tho.

Really loving good on baked beans... I blame my mom for liking this but goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

It probably doesn't count as a condiment, but if it does, mole is near the top.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Kewpie mayo is so good.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
oyster sauce

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!
Pickled red onions or Kimchi

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

A good while back, lovely UK baked filth chain Greggs did a ham, egg, and salad sandwich with honey mustard mayo.

That honey mustard mayo.

Also whichever Lao Gan Ma has the unexpected bits of chicken and crunchy mystery food.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Rand alPaul posted:

Is Garum actually sold in stores or am I going to have to piss off my neighbors and make a batch of it?

I seriously doubt it's noticeably distinct from SE Asian fish sauce.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Test Pattern posted:

I seriously doubt it's noticeably distinct from SE Asian fish sauce.

Thicker.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
If any of you own less than four different mustards right now, I look down on you.

P.S. I've never heard of Khrenovina sauce but god drat, that sounds delightful.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Does Relish count as a condiment? I know it's not really all that exotic like the others ITT but it sure is versatile...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Smythe posted:

Does Relish count as a condiment? I know it's not really all that exotic like the others ITT but it sure is versatile...

Relish is really just another word for condiment. But I know what you mean! Ah, but there are so many varieties of relish! That's almost like saying, "My favorite condiment is Red". I do love cheapo sweet pickle relish on a dollar all-the-way hot dog though. And red pepper relish is amazing on chicken. Ooh, now there's a way to make them chookyboobs tasty and still healthy.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Rouille, you uncultured slobs.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

Relish is really just another word for condiment. But I know what you mean! Ah, but there are so many varieties of relish! That's almost like saying, "My favorite condiment is Red". I do love cheapo sweet pickle relish on a dollar all-the-way hot dog though. And red pepper relish is amazing on chicken. Ooh, now there's a way to make them chookyboobs tasty and still healthy.

:psyboom:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Doh004 posted:

Really loving good on baked beans... I blame my mom for liking this but goddamn.

Yup. But add a goodly dollop of 'Murkin style piccalilli or sweet pepper relish.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Tzatziki is pretty good. I make my non-traditional version of it with very large pieces of cucumber, ume vinegar, and a decent amount of dill.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
My own personal mixture of steak sauce and sriracha is heavenly on burgers.

I use about 3 parts steak sauce to 1 or 2 parts sriracha.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
If I had to choose one condiment for the rest of my life, i could get by with any hot sauce. Franks or Louisiana style would be best, followed by Sriracha, cholula, or any taco sauce.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Smythe posted:

Hail and well met travelers. Me and the YOSPOS boys have been having a long argument, spanning many generations of our chat thread. Anyways, the question is the topic of the OP. Personally, I think it's:

1) Mustard (spicy)
2) Horseradish
3) Not sure about this slot, or the following 100
103) Epic Fail Ketchup (For Children.)

Anyways, I guess to really get to the meat (heh) of this discussion, we need to define a condiment. I didn't go to culinary school, but I did go to Cunnilungus school, AHHA. Nah, but I did go to CUCKinary school. I kid, I didn't do that either, I just like the jokes about that I read in GBS. Anyways, I thought I'd defer to the experts.

Thoughts? Best condiment?

What's wrong with ketchup? :ohdear:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Salsa Lizano

A friend recently introduced me to this condiment from Costa Rica/Guatemala, which is properly served on everything, but especially black beans and rice. Now I dream of beans, rice, and fried plantains.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i like ketchup

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Suspect Bucket posted:

The one true Relish

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
iranian toorshi litteh or spicy bengali mango chutney

also worcestershire (L&P) or thai chiles in fish sauce/vinegar

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

pr0k posted:

thai chiles in fish sauce/vinegar

Fuckin' approved

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm a total whore for condiments, and don't have a favorite, really. It's very situational. That having been said, I like most things that amount to "mayonaise plus a spicy thing": chipotle mayo, horseradish mayo, ginger mayo, etc. Condiments that are also dips, like most of the above and baba ghanoush, tzatziki, and such.

I like to put sriracha on pizza, which seems kind of excessive :ohdear:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nooner posted:

i like ketchup

You're hosed up

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
A well made ketchup is awesome.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Just looking at the label is making me salivate and imagine some dumplings with copious amounts of the stuff

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Nooner posted:

i like ketchup

try mixing some finely minced chipotles in adobo along with the adobo sauce from the can with a bottle of ketchup for a "latin" kick

mmartinx
Nov 30, 2004
Laotian jaew or jeow or however it's romanized. Basically an insanely spicy dip that can be made from a number of ingredients

Jaew bong - basically the king of jaew, sweet/spicy/sour, featuring dried skin which I usually pick out as an uncultured american
Jaew mak kua - made with roasted eggplants
Jaew mak len - grilled/roasted tomatoes
Jaew som - Probably my favorite one, not sure if I have the right name. It's made with some kind of like, chestnut or something, green and super sour
Jaew padek - Fermented fish, if you've never had home made padek just think of the most fragrant fish sauce you've ever except 10 times as strong
Jaew bi - Not sure if this is really jaew or not since it's more of a thin sauce consistency, but it's made with beef bile and served with grilled meat/grilled cow heart, and it's amazing

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I like jaew jaew bi, a tiny, hard gummy candy in various fruit flavors. Don't break your teeth!

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Best condiments, in no particular order

1. Mustard- doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a decent brown mustard, or maybe a spicy german variety, or a coarse ground chunky kind
2. Malt vinegar

Yeah, I think that about sums it up. Ketchup and Mayo are for fat children, unless we're talking about those fancy mayos from far off lands.

Does kraut count? I think it's great on burgers and dogs, especially when it gets mixed together with the mustard...I need to get some kraut for the cookout this weekend...

BLARGHLE fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 22, 2015

iConstipated
Apr 8, 2008

don't cry emo fag
Garlic. Anything garlic.

angor
Nov 14, 2003
teen angst

iConstipated posted:

Garlic. Anything garlic.

Toum?

remote control carnivore
May 7, 2009

BLARGHLE posted:

Ketchup and Mayo are for fat children, unless we're talking about those fancy mayos from far off lands.

:agreed: Kewpie mayo is the poo poo.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Obviously Old Bay is the best???

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

mdxi posted:

Salsa Lizano

This stuff is awesome. Now I need to track down another case.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dv8
May 25, 2015

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Anything hot or spicy for me. Spicy mustard, hot sauce and horseradish sauce are my top 3.

• Locked thread