Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Quandary posted:

##unvote , ##vote qpq

If gridlocked was the last scum he would have just hammered me. I'm not sure what's going on but it has to be qpq

lol

gridlocked, just use your brain and vote for the only person who can actually be scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

QuoProQuid posted:

lol

gridlocked, just use your brain and vote for the only person who can actually be scum.

You know what screw it. Quandary it is, if I'm wrong atleast I can say DGK and WWM got tricked by you too.

##vote Quandary

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The three remaining Talons stared each other down. Finally, Gridlock, the deciding vote, helped QPQ grab Quandary and drag him to a dark alley corner. Quandary struggled and squirmed and tried his hardest to resist, but alas, in the end the two other boys had successfully overpowered him and strangled the life out of him. Checking his pocket revealed the third and final Kermish coin. Gridlock and QPQ put it in a small leather satchel and together threw the coins into the water, hoping to never see them again. They then shook each other's hands, hugged, and parted ways, never to see each other again in this lifetime. So it was that the Talons were destroyed by their greed and violence, nudged over the edge by a trio of enchanted coins. Their capers would be lost to memory, their feeling of togetherness and belonging sunk beneath the lapping waves of the Ruby Coast, their entire life story an unwound thread from the vast tapestry of existence.
But so it goes.

:s: Quandary, Ezra Noor, Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin), was executed day 5. :s:

ALL MAFIA-ALIGNED PLAYERS ARE ELIMINATED.
THE TOWN HAS WON
GAME OVER

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Coins of Kerm

A Game for 13 players

- 3 Mafia
--- 1 Assassin
--- 1 Janitor
--- 1 Suicide Bomber. Can publicly kill self and one other player, does not know who the mafia are.

- 10 Townies
--- 1 Mason Recruiter. Can only have 3 masons at any time. Recruiter and all masons die if the recruiter targets scum.
--- 1 Mason, pre-recruited.
--- 1 Naive Cop. Becomes a sane cop if recruited.
--- 1 Doctor. Becomes bulletproof if recruited.
--- 1 Faith Healer. Becomes a one-shot resurrector if recruited.
--- 5 Vanilla

=============================

Player List:

1) Quandary - Ezra Noor - Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin)
2) bowmore - Peri Dy'neh - Heartless Monster (mafia-aligned janitor)
3) Meinberg - Nuade - Psycho (mafia-aligned suicide bomber)
4) WHICH WAY MADNESS - Michelos Cuneyt - Big Brother (town-aligned mason recruiter)
5) QuoProQuid - Mahmed Cuneyt - Little Brother (town-aligned mason)
6) Grandicap - Oza - Leader (town-aligned cop)
7) Kleedrac - Iunius Argos - Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor)
8) Poque Asiina - Ismet Jordanou - Evangelical (town-aligned faith healer)
9) DGK2000 - Serhan - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
10) Dead Cow - Simone Agricola - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
11) Gridlocked - Avici - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
12) Shanakin - Semir - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
13) fiery_valkyrie - Edith Megalos - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)

===============================

NIGHT ACTIONS:

Day 1:
Town fails to execute

Night 1:
Quandary kills Kleedrac
WWM recruits FV
Grandi naiveinvestigates DGK (TOWN)
Kleedrac protects bowmore (lol)
Asiina faithprotects Grandicap

Day 2:
Meinberg kills: bowmore, fiery
Town executes nobody, asiina modkilled herself, what a jerk move.

Night 2:
Quandary kills Grandicap
WWM recruits DGK
Grandi naiveinvestigates Shanakin

Day 3:
Town executes Shanakin

Night 3:
Quandary kills WWM

Day 4:
Town executes Dead Cow

Night 4:
Quandary kills DGK

Day 5:
Town executes Quandary

GAME OVER

===============================

ROLE PMS:

Quandary - Ezra Noor - Brutal Child (mafia-aligned assassin)
People never listen to you. All you want is just to have people hear you when you talk, to take you seriously. But they never do - you're the youngest of the Talons and they treat you like a baby. But you're not a baby. You're not a baby. As you play with the coin in your pocket you decide you'll show them how grown up you truly are.
You are a mafioso! You stole a coin and desire them all for yourself, and as such, win when only mafia-aligned players remain in the game or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Quandary and bowmore. The two of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment, share a collective nightkill, and may talk freely OOT.
Additionally, the coin in your pocket glows in your mind with a powerful energy. You feel you can do things you've never done before. Like murder people. If you perform the nightkill, your kills cannot be stopped by doctors or roleblocks.
You are an assassin and you are mafia-aligned!

bowmore - Peri Dy'neh - Heartless Monster (mafia-aligned janitor)
The other kids don't like you. They don't like being around you. They find you unpleasant; it's not your fault you always tell the truth about what you see, and that everyone is truly terrible except for you. That's just fate! And so you're left alone when they go on pickpocket runs and burglary raids. You spend most of your time just playing with the rats, stabbing them and splitting them open with your knives. Still, it would be nice if everyone loved you. Everyone deserves to love you. You managed to snag one of the coins, and with it in your fingers, you feel empowered. Yeah, they have to love you. They must learn to love you.
You are a mafioso! You stole a coin and desire them all for yourself, and as such, win when only mafia-aligned players remain in the game or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Quandary and bowmore. The two of you are confirmed to be of the same alignment, share a collective nightkill, and may talk freely OOT.
To assist your goal, you are a skilled dissector of corpses, and the coin in your pocket gives you newfound strength of will. If you perform the nightkill, you will brutally destroy the corpse making it unidentifiable. Note though that you may only use this power twice, and you may not use your power two nights in a row (if Quandary dies you may perform a normal nightkill if it would conflict with this restriction).
You are a janitor and you are mafia-aligned.

Meinberg - Nuade - Psycho (mafia-aligned suicide bomber)
Fire and blood. Flames cleanse the world of its iniquity while blood clears the soul. If all the wicked and evil people were burned, with their blood used to wash the good, the world would be a far better place. You keep these thoughts to yourself since everyone else doesn't seem to like them very much, but, ever since you managed to snag one of the coins, you feel a lot more... indignant. You've been living in poverty for as long as you can remember. You demand justice. You demand to bring the world to its knees!
You are a mafioso! You stole a coin and now desire to clear the world of all evil, and as such, win when only mafia-aligned players are alive or nothing can stop the same. You know there are two other mafiosos out there, but neither do you know who they are, nor they you. If they try to nightkill you, though, you'll be recruited into their scumteam and can then chat with them freely OOT.
To assist your goal, you have readied an old machete you found in one of the Talons' burglary raids. At any point during the day, you may type ##fire and blood. You will then brutally murder the person who posted right before you; you have a 50% chance of killing the person who posted before them; 25% of the poster before them, and so on until you fail. You will also have a 50% chance of killing anyone who posts immediately after you.
Unfortunately, this kills the Meinberg.
You are a suicide bomber and you are mafia-aligned.

WHICH WAY MADNESS - Michelos Cuneyt - Big Brother (town-aligned mason recruiter)
You've been the oldest member of the Talons for a few years now ever since Jerome got caught filching a pearl necklace and getting shipped to a work camp in Rossetia. You have gained a great deal of trust among the other urchins, and you have used that trust with care. But now you see them fighting over shiny coins, even killing each other for them - well that just won't do. You need to step in and be the responsible almost-adult, whether they like it or not.
You are a townie! You seek to return order to your motley crew of urchins, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated.
You are also the oldest member of the Talons, and are therefore widely trusted and respected. You can easily leverage that trust into a network of confidants and friends - you may go to a player's home at night and recruit them into a confirmed town masonry. You even start out with a masonry: your little brother Mahmed (QuoProQuid), and the two of you are confirmed town to each other. However, you can only ever have three members total (including yourself). Additionally, if you recruit a scum player, everyone in the masonry will die the same night. So be careful.
You are a mason recruiter and you are town-aligned.

QuoProQuid - Mahmed Cuneyt - Little Brother (town-aligned mason)
You've lived in his influence all your life - your parents died when you were very little, but your big brother Michelos has given you protection when life attacked you, pushed you to your potential when you needed it, and has always looked out for you even in the darkest of times. Like now. People are getting murdered over stupid coins; you cling to your brother's arm, knowing he is someone you can trust always and forever.
You are a townie! You seek to return order to your motley crew of urchins, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated.
You are also in a masonry with your big brother Michelos (WHICH WAY MADNESS). You are confirmed town to each other and may talk OOT freely.
You are a mason and you are town-aligned.

Grandicap - Oza - Leader (town-aligned cop)
Leading a wacky team of orphans is no easy task. These kids are still just kids, and sometimes they get rowdy and need to be put in line. But, though you're not the oldest, or the wisest, or the strongest, you have what they all lack - the ability to get their respect. They love and trust you beyond any doubt, because you've earned it, and they have in turn confided in you their deepest secrets, fears, worries, and hopes and dreams. You always knew some of them were bad eggs, but now you need to hunt down who has decided to go rogue and lead the Talons back to being a team again.
Additionally as the leader of the Talons you know everyone on the team better than anyone else. You may comb through your diaries at night and see what if anything you've written about players, and determine who among them has a wicked soul who could be corrupted by some shiny metal, and who would remain true and faithful despite it all - that is, whether they are SCUM or TOWN.
You are a cop and you are town-aligned.

Kleedrac - Iunius Argos - Smart Kid (town-aligned doctor)
You are, for lack of a better word, a nerd. You came from a family of Ruby Merchants, whose ancestors included the legendary Queen Krelo the Great, and so you received the finest education a Kermish kid could get. That is, until your parents were arrested for grand embezzlement, smuggling, tax evasion, bribing government officials, and littering. Your family's assets were all seized and you were sent to the dirtiest orphanage in Rubirge. The smartest thing you ever did was blow out of there in the first week. On the streets for a few days you ran into the Talons, who happily took you in as one of their own. You used your brains whatever way you could - usually healing up scrapes and bruises, and helping them plan their burglary raids and pickpocket runs. Now, with kids apparently dedicated to murdering each other, you need to use all your brains to keep everyone together.
You are also a very smart kid; you know a lot about how to fix a broken limb, how to clean a wound, and use beginner white magic spells to heal more serious injuries. During the night you may target a player in the game and protect them from all harm.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

Poque Asiina - Ismet Jordanou - Evangelical (town-aligned faith healer)
Your parents were unbelievers; they only valued money and power, and used people for their own personal gain. You almost fell into that same lifestyle, but, one night, something magical happened. The Goddesses, red and yellow and green, appeared to you in a dream; they warned you to shun your fathers, to cast away the wickedness of their life and to live in harmony and peace with the natural world. And so that very night you packed a bindle and fled home, trading an opulent coastal mansion for a humble alleyway. You found the Talons within a few weeks, and you felt in your soul that you were to protect these kids, giving them whatever food and shelter you could scrape together, preaching the mercy and guidance of the Goddesses. Now it appears some of them are choosing to follow a path of murder and violence; you will need to stay strong in your faith, so as to endure the oncoming storm.
Additionally, though you are not even yet a man, you have been touched by religious fervor. During the night you may pray over a player as they sleep; there is a chance that they will survive the night from all harm. The chance is variable depending on factors beyond your contr-- er I mean, the Lady works in mysterious ways.
You are a faith healer and you are town-aligned.

DGK2000 - Serhan - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
Dead Cow - Simone Agricola - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
Gridlocked - Avici - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
Shanakin - Semir - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
fiery_valkyrie - Edith Megalos - Urchin (town-aligned vanilla)
The life of an urchin is a hard one; you never know where or when you'll happen across your next meal, you don't know if you're sleeping tonight on a mat of hay or if the constables would have broken it up by now, and you sometimes fear never waking up due to some murderous thug in the shadows. You either came from a home and feel the absence of what you've lost, or you don't and this hard life is all you've ever known. Now some monsters are fighting over the coins and would rather see you die than give them up. It's time to use your wits to bring them to justice.
You have no exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh well. Nice work Gridlocked!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- This game was a remake of my record-breaking Settlers of Yucatan, where the suicide bomber destroyed 3/4 of the scumteam on day 1. History does have a way of repeating itself.
- Lots of negative emotions were floating around this game, I don't like that one bit. I hope you all calm down more in the future.
--- Remember that we are always presenting our hobby to a community of observers, and if we look like we're having fun and enjoying ourselves, others will want to join us. This is doubly true when there are new players here.
--- On that note, stop condescending to newer players!! I mean crikey!
- Quandary was pretty resigned night 4, but I think if he had killed QPQ instead of DGK and claimed an insane cop result on Gridlocked he might have had the edge needed to eke out a victory.
- It was a game that happened, it wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst, but that's totally okay. Though I think it'll mostly be noteworthy as the game that broke Asiina.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

- Lots of negative emotions were floating around this game, I don't like that one bit. I hope you all calm down more in the future.
yeah that sucked, Asiina and DC using the language the way she did made this game borderline unenjoyable

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
OMG I can't believe town won. I was convinced for the last couple of days that Gridlocked was the scum and played everyone brilliantly.

Thanks for the game Ecco.

Well done Quandary, you did a great job. I completely believed your paranoid cop claim.

Bowmore, I cant believe you posted so much! Especially as scum!

Nice work to the new guys, I think you both did well considering how confusing things can be when you are new.

What the hell was with all the town self voting? That's just lame.

And lastly.....

GODAMNIT Meinberg :argh: :argh: :argh: I've never bee the top poster before in a game of mafia and I probably never will be again and you ruined it by killing me on D2.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Poque/Asiina never felt right to me, so I used being a dick to push for a slip that didn't come. Oh well, sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Also lol, I called 2/3 of the scum team.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Apparently since I stopped playing Mafia, it's become a *kinder gentler* mafia than the one I started in where telling someone that they are a stupid gently caress wasn't immediately turned into *won't someone think of the children* pearl clutching.

Gridlock you did amazingly well. I see a fine mafia career in your future.

Bowmore, you were so obvious it wasn't even funny, my only regret is that I couldn't articulate just how obvious you were.

Great game everyone.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Well done gridlocked! I wish I could have won obviously, but I feel like I survived a few days longer than I deserved to. I pretty much had given up when I was the only scum left and of the 7 townies, 3 were confirmed. I am pretty proud of that fake claim though, it worked out well.

EccoRaven posted:

- Quandary was pretty resigned night 4, but I think if he had killed QPQ instead of DGK and claimed an insane cop result on Gridlocked he might have had the edge needed to eke out a victory.

I don't know this is true. The reason I killed DGK is because he was attacking me so hard, and I feel like he would have continued it again the final day more insistently than QPQ would have.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Quandary posted:

Well done gridlocked! I wish I could have won obviously, but I feel like I survived a few days longer than I deserved to. I pretty much had given up when I was the only scum left and of the 7 townies, 3 were confirmed. I am pretty proud of that fake claim though, it worked out well.

I don't know this is true. The reason I killed DGK is because he was attacking me so hard, and I feel like he would have continued it again the final day more insistently than QPQ would have.

I believed it until DGK made that case about how it didn't align with Grandi's cop role

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The "lie" was a complete mistake, I legit thought I voted for that person

also the edits were mistakes too

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
As a side note, this was probably the least communicative scum team I've ever been a part of. We weren't told meinberg was scum, and bowmore and I talked once when I PM'ed him saying we were scum, and he responded jokingly claiming he was a VT. That was the entirety of the scum conversation in this game.

It was good playing with everyone, especially you newbies. if anyone is interested in playing in another game I'm looking for players in a game I'm hosting right now! Would love to see you guys there, just no loving self-hammering please.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
That was an interesting game to start out again. I apparently need to work on not appearing like scum, even if I'm not scum.

I was a good distraction I guess. Which is why I Hammered myself. I felt I was being too much of a distraction and so many ideas were based on the false assumption I was scum.

Wasn't bitter or anything, it's all cool.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

bowmore posted:

The "lie" was a complete mistake, I legit thought I voted for that person

also the edits were mistakes too

It wasn't the lie, it was a very early post you made.

bowmore posted:

I feel like voting Kleedrac for self voting

This one pinged me so hugely, then step two would have been you putting the vote on him once there was one or two, then step three you would have used that vote for justification later.

The "lie" came about when you forgot to do step two and then tried to do step three.

Bummer you got blown up, you would have had me lynched.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
I admit I screwed myself pretty hard when I forgot to vote on day one (although I was hardly alone in missing that vote), how much of my apparent scumminess would have remained if I had made it on time?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dead Cow posted:

This one pinged me so hugely, then step two would have been you putting the vote on him once there was one or two, then step three you would have used that vote for justification later.

The "lie" came about when you forgot to do step two and then tried to do step three.

fair enough!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm still shocked I made it to the end was pretty sure QPQ was going to turn on me. Though by N3 I was wishing I was scum just so I could have a sweet sweet victory.

Quandary's suggestion that he was the Paranoid Cop to the Naive Cop was a big clincher in me voting for DC over him when DC died; the wiki said they are often paired and I was like "oh that makes sense then". Stupid Gridlocked, Shanakin was right you weren't being paranoid enough this game.

EccoRaven posted:

--- Remember that we are always presenting our hobby to a community of observers, and if we look like we're having fun and enjoying ourselves, others will want to join us. This is doubly true when there are new players here.
--- On that note, stop condescending to newer players!! I mean crikey!

Despite the fact I was annoyed at the condescending stance I felt people were taking I really enjoyed this game and will be signing up for another as soon as I can find it; hell Shanakin and I are even taking a 5 player variant of this to our weekly boardgames night it was that enjoyable. Honestly had I been scum I wouldn't have been as annoyed about it because it was helping me fly under the radar soooooo much.

Overall Ecco you should consider yourself a great ambassador for the hobby and should be proud with your game. I hope that this helped you write that fluff for your world; and I would defiantly play a game with everyone in this thread again.

:D

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Shanakin posted:

That was an interesting game to start out again. I apparently need to work on not appearing like scum, even if I'm not scum.

I was a good distraction I guess. Which is why I Hammered myself. I felt I was being too much of a distraction and so many ideas were based on the false assumption I was scum.

Wasn't bitter or anything, it's all cool.

There is a reason why we give new players a pass on D1 and that is because they make all the expected "scum" mistakes. Just keep playing, you'll learn what people in this community consider are go-to scum behaviours and learn how to avoid them.

One tip though, NEVER vote for someone you 100% know is town -- especially if that person is yourself.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, Grid and Shan this is the mafia game recruitment thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2894586

Keep an eye there for games looking for players.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

The reason why I was so turned off your case was because you kept focusing on the lie, rather than your point above.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
I really had fun this game, but honestly I didn't mean to come across as condescending to the new guys. You both did pretty well, Gridlocked especially, and I'll be pretty honest I was at the point where I felt you had fooled us all Grid.

This was the most fun I've ever had as a mason, and thank you to Ecco for running the game. I'm happy we won, I just wish it could have happened without all the RL emotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sorry that I replaced out, I simply wasn't having fun and was/am a bit burnt out on mafia in general. That's a really cool setup, though. I had no idea what my role was and my initial thought was that there were multiple Faith Healers and it required more than one to be a doctor. I was considering claiming it through trickery - I was going to ask if anybody else had a two word role that had an A for the second letter of the first word and an E for the second letter of the second word. I kind of wish I had done that since it would've made the Mason Recruiter freak out.

Nice work by the mason team to fool the scums about who the recruiter was, unfortunately it backfired!!!

• Locked thread