Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Meme Emulator posted:

I absolutely do not remember the art looking this bad, but I havent touched Yomi in forever and Ive played a lot of puzzle strike in the mean time. I guess the artist is better at the super deformed style Puzzle Strike uses?

Poor Satsuki looks like shes melting and Geiger just looks goofy.

It's pretty obvious that Yomi has at least 3 separate artists, so the quality is really inconsistent.

Gutter Owl posted:

Aston wins, 2-0. Midori against Perse, somehow.

Dragon Queen is a linker, turns out. I was on 17 against the dragon (on 12), thought Q was a 14 damage nonlethal ender versus the 17 damage lethal K throw, and threw out a Rapid Lashes attack for the possible win. Whoops.

dQ would be an unbelievably lovely move if it were an ender. But it's not, so Midori gets QJJ which is 30 damage off 3 cards without any aces! That's a pretty good deal (except for the part where Midori still gets his Q outsped by a ton of crap)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Mendin and Sade, play your match already!!!

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches

Thelo posted:

2015-08-03 update:
- Steam: You can now buy the expansion characters through the standard Steam store page, as a DLC, in addition to buying them in-game. Both ways are equivalent.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Aston posted:

Mendin and Sade, play your match already!!!

We keep trying to but it's like two ships passing in the night :negative:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Archenteron posted:

We keep trying to but it's like two ships passing in the night :negative:

In the interest of expediency (:v:), I'm conceding to Sade. Have fun.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

PSA: Do not play Quince against your spouse. Even if you win the game, you will lose the war.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's worth mentioning, for those interested in the game, that there's been a bunch of tournament games with commentary that have been going up on youtube and twitch. MysticJuicer is definitely my favorite of the people casting games, but there are a bunch more doing it (including dudes on the official Twitch stream).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Corbeau posted:

It's worth mentioning, for those interested in the game, that there's been a bunch of tournament games with commentary that have been going up on youtube and twitch. MysticJuicer is definitely my favorite of the people casting games, but there are a bunch more doing it (including dudes on the official Twitch stream).

MysticJuicer is actually a super cool dude and he's commented on a few of my videos!

If anything, I think the Yomi community is actually too tightly knit. When something's happening, the game kind of shuts down because everyone is spectating. It's cool that everyone knows each other, but at the same time it's annoying that there's certain time periods when you just can't get a game.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

I wasn't aware they made a digital Yomi. I am a board game streamer on Twitch and nearly pulled the trigger to buy all the physical product but my issue was find others to play when I didn't have a friend swing on by. Going to jump in and see if its worth the physical buy.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mr.Trifecta posted:

I wasn't aware they made a digital Yomi. I am a board game streamer on Twitch and nearly pulled the trigger to buy all the physical product but my issue was find others to play when I didn't have a friend swing on by. Going to jump in and see if its worth the physical buy.

If you ever stream Yomi, I'd be more than happy to guest commentate

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

inthesto posted:

I am sure that could be arranged. Let me not be completely new and terrible at it first.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

inthesto posted:

same, though I haven't played in months. a friend of mine expressed interest in starting though so I might have an excuse.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mr.Trifecta posted:

I am sure that could be arranged. Let me not be completely new and terrible at it first.

I can actually teach you the ropes (apparently I'm very helpful when I think out loud???) and I promise not to make fun of you too much in the process

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

inthesto posted:

I can actually teach you the ropes (apparently I'm very helpful when I think out loud???) and I promise not to make fun of you too much in the process

I'll be firing it up tomorrow night on Twitch for my normal Monday stream. You are welcome to swing on by. I imagine my first game or two will be against the AI just to figure out what the hell I am doing.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Matchmaking gets odd when there are few people online.

Why yes, I did just play 8 matches of Grave vs Gwen.

Why yes, I did lose every set.:negative:

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 25, 2015

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So this most recent week's Friday Night Fisticuffs by Two Best Friends/Matt & Woolie was Yomi, and apparently there's a new rush of fresh blood online. Several of the older players were talking about the sudden surge in activity, and I was getting regular games all throughout the evening, mostly with the same few newbies. Explained knockdown in greater detail to one, pointed out when they were getting repetitive in pattern, and then finished the night by showing one guy the Quince mindfuck engine.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hey I'm streaming the game right now so I can beat up idiots who don't know how to play the game but matchmaking just died out (basically come play me so I can make fun of you on stream)

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/inthesto/live

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i got gifted this game and i'm looking for other goons to play with

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nanomachines/

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Setsuki's wearing chaps over a thong, pay attention. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Midori looks like he just smelled a tasty pie on his neighbor's windowsill.

• Locked thread