Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Necc0 posted:

Alright yeah I understand but this is important

ok well this is more important

*comes by later to ask you why you haven't made any progress on the project he interrupted*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
On launch day-

*PM nowhere to be found*

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I still haven't received a reply to the email i sent at 9:30 this morning. *It's 10:15 in this scenario*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

I still haven't received a reply to the email i sent at 9:30 this morning. *It's 10:15 in this scenario*

*e-mail doesn't even have content which would normally warrant a reply*

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
More like,

9:30 *pm sends email to dev*
9:32 *pm arrives at devs cubicle*

Hey did you see my email?

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
I do project management, planning, purchasing, engineering management, and construction management. :rms:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

thathonkey posted:

On launch day-

*PM nowhere to be found*

lol, this happened twice. i have been with my company for 2 years and we have gone through like 5 project managers.

you know your career is a sham when you cant keep down any job longer than 6 months... and its not contract work

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Zev posted:

I do project management, planning, purchasing, engineering management, and construction management. :rms:

Bernie is lucky to have you <3

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Hey guys, I'm gonna need some more jokes in here. We've made some good progress, but if we can get a couple more, we can probably get client off our backs for a few days. Just trying to look out for you. I can set up a troubleshooting session if you'd like.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Let's have another meeting where I take thirty minutes to tell you something I could have told you to your face right now in the time it takes to arrange the meeting.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

*congratules everyone - keeps bonus for himself*

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
* leads off meeting with complete, concise five-minute summary of topics on meeting agenda and required actions from everyone *

* spends 45 minutes talking about agenda topics, saying nothing relevant that wasn't in the five-minute summary *

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Bernie is lucky to have you <3

:patriot:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Your jobs all sound awful

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

lol, this happened twice. i have been with my company for 2 years and we have gone through like 5 project managers.

you know your career is a sham when you cant keep down any job longer than 6 months... and its not contract work

It has happened to me personally twice as well. Same PM both times. Except instead of getting fired he got promoted. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Cannon_Fodder posted:

As a fledgling PM, I require advice on how to best PM. May I have your best advice?

I will need it by the end of the day.
The best way to facilitate an answer for this is to gather all relevant parties into a meeting room, conference those that are not on site in, and have a mediated discussion where we can work through this as a team.

E: please make sure to bring your own copy of the PMBOK to this meeting.

Oswald Kesselpot fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 20, 2015

• Locked thread