Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best shape of his life?
Yes
No
These guys work out at least 300 days a year, what a ridiculous question
Tom Brady did nothing wrong
View Results

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Nah, having to rely on Cassel is depressing. I'd waaaaaay rather have Alex Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

indigi posted:

Nah, having to rely on Cassel is depressing. I'd waaaaaay rather have Alex Smith.

Yeah, a QB that has the a very low YPA is miles better than a QB with a high YPI (yards per interception return).

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Burger Trench posted:

EJ Manuel has been good today, Matt Cassel has been bad again. No word on Tyrod.

Matt Cassel sucks and it's amazing what one bout of competence with a historically great supporting offensive cast will do for your career. Cassel's floor isn't really higher than EJ's or Tyrod's, but he'll never be cut because of his Veteran Presence. All the while, he stills hangs out with his white Patriots bros at the Kentucky Derby and probably has a lot of Guster on his iPhone.

Help I'm turning into the Parm for Matt Cassel's Alex Smith.

If it makes you feel better, I hate Matt Cassel almost as much!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Burger Trench posted:

EJ Manuel has been good today, Matt Cassel has been bad again. No word on Tyrod.

Matt Cassel sucks and it's amazing what one bout of competence with a historically great supporting offensive cast will do for your career. Cassel's floor isn't really higher than EJ's or Tyrod's, but he'll never be cut because of his Veteran Presence. All the while, he stills hangs out with his white Patriots bros at the Kentucky Derby and probably has a lot of Guster on his iPhone.

I wouldn't say Cassel is that bad, but he's certainly not good. Him winning the competition outright would be the worst possible outcome though, because it would confirm that E.J. and Tyrod are so bad that they can't offer any upside over a replacement-level journeyman.
Of course, beating out Cassel isn't proof that either is good, but at least it would be a step in the right direction.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

What kansas city qbs post green do you like?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Parmesan Basil posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Titus should do the millions of dollars dance with Dez and they send a video to Jerry

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Burger Trench posted:

How've your other (former FSU) players looked? Any word on Darby, Williams, Bradham, etc.?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Darby and Bradham are penciled in to be serious contributors, so quiet is good right now. Think Darby got a pick or two. Haven't heard much about O'Leary or Williams but the defense was dominating so that's to be expected.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

If you don't like Alex Smith there isn't much to choose from. Thigpen or Huard by default I guess.

Well Kyle Orton but that barely counts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

If you don't like Alex Smith there isn't much to choose from. Thigpen or Huard by default I guess.

Well Kyle Orton but that barely counts.

brodie croyle just needs a chance

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

That's pretty much the face I made when Titus O'Neil won the tag titles after doing nothing of note for over a year

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

my favorite tyrod moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmW0v_plIyA

that juke was loving killer

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Ozu posted:

Supposedly every player in the league is amazing in OTAs. Except Geno Smith. He still sucks.

Yeah, sounds like that raw player my team drafted is picking up things faster than expected and it's all coming together for him quickly. He's still only fourth on the depth chart but there is a great chance he could wind up being the steal of the draft,.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Metapod posted:

Kyle Orton is probably the best out of all of those so there you go.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

Do you think they'll do bad and rally to 8-8, or fo good and implode to 8-8

Remember when this was a Cowboys joke?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Remember when this was a Cowboys joke?

I can't wait to see what garbage ref call costs the Dolphins a playoff game this year

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Did Sean Lee make it through!?

Also, time for bets on the first idiot to get arrested outside of the structure of OTAs in the lull between camp.

I'll go on a limb and say it'll be a Washington Team player for absolutely no reason.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Dubious posted:

Also, time for bets on the first idiot to get arrested outside of the structure of OTAs in the lull between camp.

I'll go on a limb and say it'll be a Washington Team player for absolutely no reason.

That Redskin rookie hasn't been charged for those pics that showed up on his instagram so we got that going.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I wouldn't say Cassel is that bad, but he's certainly not good. Him winning the competition outright would be the worst possible outcome though, because it would confirm that E.J. and Tyrod are so bad that they can't offer any upside over a replacement-level journeyman.
Of course, beating out Cassel isn't proof that either is good, but at least it would be a step in the right direction.

I mean, yeah, I'm getting worked up about OTAs so I have to slow my roll a bit, but he's getting showed up by EJ Manuel. He's looked like dog poo poo against even the Bills' second-string defense. He's supposed to be our safe floor! I'm getting really nervous when everyone is saying he looks like the worst QB the roster.

What it really comes down to is that I would have preferred Moore, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, or even Jason dang Campbell over Cassel. At least we dodged the McCown bullet.

pillsburysoldier posted:

How've your other (former FSU) players looked? Any word on Darby, Williams, Bradham, etc.?

Piggy-backing off of what TT said, but Bradham is very good and a big reason the Bills were willing to part with Alonso.

Darby has met expectations, I think, as a late second rounder and will surely see significant playing time this season. The Bills are moving Graham to safety, so he'll likely be third on our CB depth chart behind Gilmore and McKelvin.

Williams and O'Leary, yeah, heard nothing and both are kind of buried on the depth chart.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dubious posted:

Cleveland because apparently Cleveland is going to ger nothing but bad news this year.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

Cleveland because apparently Cleveland is going to ger nothing but bad news every year.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

waah posted:

Cleveland because apparently Cleveland is going to ger nothing but bad news this year.
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
#Indians lose 17-0 on "Tribute to the Browns night" in Cleveland.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Burger Trench posted:

I mean, yeah, I'm getting worked up about OTAs so I have to slow my roll a bit, but he's getting showed up by EJ Manuel. He's looked like dog poo poo against even the Bills' second-string defense. He's supposed to be our safe floor! I'm getting really nervous when everyone is saying he looks like the worst QB the roster.

What it really comes down to is that I would have preferred Moore, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, or even Jason dang Campbell over Cassel. At least we dodged the McCown bullet.
It is possible that E.J. has improved too. "Better than Matt Cassel" isn't exactly a high bar, particularly in shorts without a real pass rush. In about a month, we'll get new data to fuel wild speculation.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ehud posted:

do bad and rally to 8-8 to save joe philmans job

The fins have a really easy opening schedule. They are going to win at least 3 of the first 5 (skins, jags, tenn) while probably splitting the jets and bills division games. Go on to beat the texans and than lose out after starting something like 5-1

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Waroduce posted:

The fins have a really easy opening schedule. They are going to win at least 3 of the first 5 (skins, jags, tenn) while probably splitting the jets and bills division games. Go on to beat the texans and than lose out after starting something like 5-1

The titans are going to get a fluke win against Miami

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Intruder posted:

Titus should do the millions of dollars dance with Dez and they send a video to Jerry

Millions of dollars dance should be done after every major contract signing

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

:siren: Dallas OTA and minicamp is over and Sean Lee is still healthy :siren:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rasczak posted:

:vince:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Unfortunately, on his way home from OTA's, Sean Lee's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. There were no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rasczak posted:

He's going to celebrate this and:

• Locked thread