Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Going over the axle with the expert today and I found something interesting out.

My rear axle is for/from a GPA jeep. Apparently some kind of amphibious jeep that Ford made.

Ford was trying to use as many of the same parts as the GPW and MB when building the GPAs. I also found out that many GPA axles that were put on GPWs (like mine) had to be modified for the suspension like this:

My axle shows not cutting or grinding that would show it had been modified to fit the GPW, so I'm thinking Ford was just using the GPA stuff for GPWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Got everything cleaned up, primed, and many of the replacement parts. The guy who's going to put it all together is ready to go as soon as I bring it all to him.

My only problem is getting those gear replacements.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
This thread hasn't been updated since 1944. What's the story?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Slugworth posted:

This thread hasn't been updated since 1944. What's the story?

I'm still here. But I'm also still in the Army and got voluntold to go do some stuff away from home for a while.

I should be home for a significant amount of time in December.

• Locked thread