Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

can people who own beats headphones post ITT so I can laugh at you

Unironic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

MrChupon posted:

Audiophiles are the worst.

How come all of the 'actually good' headphones in this thread look like the they should be present on elementary school hearing test day in 1989? At least Dre makes headphones that match my green sneakers which I listen to my 128kbps MP3s that have been ported forward through 17 devices since they came off of Napster.

hint: you look like an antisocial dorklord wearing any headphones in public whether they match your sneakers or not so it doesn't matter what they look like

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
When I lived in DC I wore beats on my seemingly 20 hr metro bus/subway commute, was really creepy if anyone ever acknowledged anyone else's existence on there. Someone fainted one morning and nobody helped her; everyone was anti social.

No public transportation where I live now so just have decent setup in my Jeep now.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Kuato posted:

When I lived in DC I wore beats on my seemingly 20 hr metro bus/subway commute, was really creepy if anyone ever acknowledged anyone else's existence on there. Someone fainted one morning and nobody helped her; everyone was anti social.

No public transportation where I live now so just have decent setup in my Jeep now.

canalphones sound better than closed cans though and don't make you look like a dorkus. if you use open cans on public transportation gently caress you.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

earbuds are bad and i only wear them to block out the sounds of weights slamming together

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Khorne posted:

If you can get DT-770 for $150-$180 you should probably get those. Make sure to get the low impedance ones (80 is fine). Besides giving me ridiculous headphone hair, they're top tier.

I'm wearing my set right now. I have a set of DT250s I use for work which are fantastic so when the 770s came up for £10 more expensive it was a no brainer considering I'd listened to them previously and loved them.

I love how every single part of the design is replaceable too, you break anything on it and it can be replaced without too much trouble. German engineering :allears:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Miggles posted:

Unironic

Nice, those look pretty sweet :cheers:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

5m isn't really all that rich

well yeah don't read the whole drat thread just read the OP and then maybe ask a question and get it answered

it will net you 350k a year forever with modest investment. its rich.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Necros posted:

earbuds are bad and i only wear them to block out the sounds of weights slamming together

earbuds are my favourite for walking around because they're non-invasive and generally sound pretty meaty. It's not as if I'm looking for high def sounds when I'm walking along a 4 lane road. I found a shop selling really simple JVC ones for cheap recently and bought 3 packs because i have a nightmare finding super simple earbuds.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what's the best <$100 in ears?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

go to walmart and buy the ones with the squishy earbuds for like 19.99.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Necros posted:

http://rhythmz.us/air-hd

bigger magnets, come in a couple colors or whatever, $60
bigger means what size

these are 50mm:

gary oldmans diary posted:

some $30 jvc ha-rx700 got the base parts of way more expensive headphones
take em vanilla or open the cups and do a little modding

might be weird having an 11 foot cord if you just sit at your computer though

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

sennheiser 598s are the shizz because they are both comfy as gently caress and have good true sound. i had ath-m50s before and they sound real good but are not comfy at all they hurt a lot :(

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

A misanthrope posted:

i literraly just bought theses and was gonna ask goons if they're worth $70

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA

i read a review saying they're dope for the money

Definitely worth the money. They sound good, they're comfortable to wear, and they're also easily repairable if you break anything on them. And of all the different models listed that claim to be "studio standard" headphones, these (and the Sony 7506) are the only ones that are actually standard equipment in recording studios. You walk into any studio in the world and you'll find at least several pairs of AKG K240s and 140s. They'll also have a couple of higher quality options for use on critical jobs, but those vary from place to place based on owner and engineer preference; the AKGs are the only ones that you're guaranteed to find in a pro environment.

E: I'm not saying that the Sennheisers and Grados, etc, aren't pro quality headphones, I'm just saying that the AKGs are the ones most commonly found in that environment.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 16, 2015

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
what are some good headphones that completely block out all external sound and let you pretend for an incredibly fleeting moment that the world doesn't suck? i used to use sennheiser hd 598's but i lost my last pair. first pair was destroyed by my hairy, greasy head

naem
May 29, 2011

I have a nine inch long penis. This is unrelated to Beats by dr. Dre™®

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

naem posted:

I have a nine inch long penis. This is unrelated to Beats by dr. Dre™®
how much impedance you get with that thing

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

bigger means what size

these are 50mm:

i dunno the exact size and i dont wanna take them apart and break something but they say theyre "extra large" or something. the lows are seriously great though and even when it gets really punchy the high end doesnt suffer. havent tried those jvcs but ive tried basically anything you can get at best buy and none of em compare. the new beats dont compare when it comes to how hard these things thump and theyre much clearer.

e: i looked for a measurement through google but the closest i found was this exploded view.

Necros fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 16, 2015

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

how much impedance you get with that thing

100% resistance

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Nigmaetcetera posted:

what are some good headphones that completely block out all external sound and let you pretend for an incredibly fleeting moment that the world doesn't suck? i used to use sennheiser hd 598's but i lost my last pair. first pair was destroyed by my hairy, greasy head

audio technica ath-m50s. problem is they are so good at blocking sound that you can hear your own spine when you move your head. can't walk with them either because every footstep is like thunder

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

krampster2 posted:

audio technica ath-m50s. problem is they are so good at blocking sound that you can hear your own spine when you move your head. can't walk with them either because every footstep is like thunder

Yeah, I had a pair of those and you can't hear poo poo with them on and something playing. Good bass too. Only problem is they kind of squeeze your head so they hurt a bit for prolonged use. The white ones look cool as hell though.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

Yeah, I had a pair of those and you can't hear poo poo with them on and something playing. Good bass too. Only problem is they kind of squeeze your head so they hurt a bit for prolonged use. The white ones look cool as hell though.

it's basically like putting a vice on your head and also if you live in a hot climate they get real sweaty because of the pad material

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Senn semi open is fine by me

raton fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 16, 2015

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Didn't read thread but serious answer I got a set of AKG K240s for like a hundo and they're awesome gently caress off please.

Edit: just checked and you can get a pair for 70$. Get dick kicked to death beat buyers.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 16, 2015

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I got a pair of 650s for listening at home, and 518s for the office. Nothin but the 'heiser.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
They're the best headphones money can buy op. Don't listen to the nerds in this thread.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

have had a pair of these for years. they own.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V700...y+DJ+headphones

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

opus111 posted:

if you're running off a laptop aren't you better going through an external sound card? I dunno i have a pretty sweet system at home.

i airplay stream from iTunes to the superior Wolfson DAC in my Kindle Fire because I am an audiophile without any money

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

any lads itt know of a good internal (for a x1 pci slot) or external sound card that's cheap and good for true sound? pls not bass boosted stuff

krampster2 fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 16, 2015

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I want a phones that's comfy and small and let's me still hear people while music plays I imagine this doesn't exist yah?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

krampster2 posted:

any lads itt know of a good internal (for a x1 pci slot) or external sound card that's cheap and good for true sound? pls not bass boosted stuff

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VO7LG6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

I want a phones that's comfy and small and let's me still hear people while music plays I imagine this doesn't exist yah?

sennheiser 598s are exactly this but definitely not small. all the comfy headphones are around ear which means they are big

that's not cheap :eyepop:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's not much for a portable sound card. The handy volume pot is great.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

krampster2 posted:

Just use the internal. I have a scarlett thing that I use for mic and music stuff (2i2 is the cheapest I think) and it's pretty nice for headphones too, but in all honesty it sounds identical to the built-in sound card. I just use it to plug xlr mics/instruments in and for phantom power. I'd strongly recommend against pci-e/pci soundcards if you do anything that uses your gpu because there's often interference. I have a xonar or whatever card and I took it out to go back to onboard because of the interference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

krampster2 posted:

sennheiser 598s are exactly this but definitely not small. all the comfy headphones are around ear which means they are big

that's not cheap :eyepop:

Already have those

• Locked thread