Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Blackray Jack posted:

So Nethack updated to 3.6. This is not a joke. They actually updated Nethack. I repeat, this is NOT a joke.

EDIT: Wrong thread but still relevant.

Needs more :siren:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!

Blackray Jack posted:

So Nethack updated to 3.6. This is not a joke. They actually updated Nethack. I repeat, this is NOT a joke.

EDIT: Wrong thread but still relevant.

Wait, seriously? The last I can find mention of an official release was back in 2003. It's literally been over a decade since the last release.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am enjoying Dungeons of Chaos more than I expected.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sogol posted:

I am enjoying Dungeons of Chaos more than I expected.

Which one is that again? What's the highlights?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Technically not a rogue like I think. I didn't realize that until I had a wipe. A retro open world and dungeon crawler on iOS with a 6 person party, but it's pretty minimal and sophisticated at the same time. Turn based with a lot of classes and a good amount of variation in the them. I haven't unlocked or even figured out how to unlock a bunch of them yet. Tanks, rogues, cleric, mage... But then monks, rangers, in the basic roll up, etc. Eventually unlocks things like Samurai. I have tried a bunch of the iOS crawlers and haven't liked them. This one is satisfying, to me at least, maybe because the choices between turn based and auto seem good to me and it has taken me a few tries to figure out party /skill balance and such. Some of the fights you have to run everything yourself and use all the skills or you get wiped, but the trash fights you can preset and just run.

Brogue is my go to roguelike on iOS, though I liked FTL a lot. I don't love the Nethack iOS port.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 10, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I honestly know a lot of ipad roguelikes to present (hoplite, 868 hack, dream quest, dungeonmans, ending...) but don't know how to record off a computer much less an ipad. I'll totally learn though. someday.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Depends on whether you have a PC or a Mac. You have to jailbreak or mirror to record. For mirroring if you have a Mac with Yosemite it is is easy. Just plug the iOS device into the computer and use QuickTime. Reflector and Mobcrush also work. I use Reflector. I think Reflector works on PC. Not sure about Mobcrush.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

ousire posted:

Wait, seriously? The last I can find mention of an official release was back in 2003. It's literally been over a decade since the last release.

Didn't they update with the death of Terry Pratchet?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pladdicus posted:

Didn't they update with the death of Terry Pratchet?

Begone foul necromancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Begone foul necromancer

...what the hell @_@ how did that...

why was I...

edit: Oh I get it now woops.

still.

:(