Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
And George Miller has said in the past that he wants to do a Mad Max anime as a companion piece for Fury Road.

please please please god let this new Kawajiri project be that please god :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I would be incredibly happy if Kawajiri were to direct a Mad Max anime.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

http://imgur.com/gallery/v9FWH

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

epic western cartoon crap... NOT

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hahah that owns

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Haha that's excellent.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'd imagine Furiosa is especially discontent because one of those pillows has a pregnant lady on it. That must have been all that was left when Joe raided the anime store.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I thought that one wife with the red hair and aviator goggles was pretty anime to be honest.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Furiosa's expression is :perfect:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

linall
Feb 1, 2007

This is amazing, thank you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Only an imitator, sadly.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Only an imitator, sadly.

drat...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the boobs aren't nearly big enough for Oda.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Still awesome though.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
someone post the Mahiro Maeda stuff

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

atrus50 posted:

someone post the Mahiro Maeda stuff

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't remember the clock guy at all on the movie.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm not sure what the deal is with Clock Guy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

He looks pretty ticked off.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw, I had no Tom Hardy was supposed to Max until like the end of the movie, I just assumed this was like a reboot or whatever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

But

The first line is "my name is Max"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Well maybe there's another guy named Max roaming the wastes! After all he never said he was Max Rockatansky. :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's right in the opening credits.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

But

The first line is "my name is Max"

There's a lotta guysnamed Max in the world

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

why would they make a film called mad max and not have the main character be max

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, I'm saying I know he was Max, but when I was watching the movie I thought it was another Max. Because my experience with Mad Max was only the first movie prior to seeing it and when I saw the little girl, I assumed it was another Max, because he had a wife and son that died in the first movie. I overthought it basically and didn't realize it was simpler than I thought.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's like Ash from The Evil Dead, same guy but sometimes what happened in the last movie isn't what happened in the intro to the next.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The difference is I've seen all of Evil Dead and not so much Mad Max.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Beef Chief posted:

The difference is I've seen all of Evil Dead and not so much Mad Max.

:mediocre:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

All you gotta understand is that Mad Max works on campfire story logic where what we "see" is the story being recounted by someone after the fact, not the actual chain of events. Fury Road "gets it wrong" about Max's back story because even though all the characters know he's hosed up from prior bad poo poo, they don't know the actual details and just fill in something fitting.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

mr. stefan posted:

All you gotta understand is that Mad Max works on campfire story logic where what we "see" is the story being recounted by someone after the fact, not the actual chain of events. Fury Road "gets it wrong" about Max's back story because even though all the characters know he's hosed up from prior bad poo poo, they don't know the actual details and just fill in something fitting.

This is also explains why Max looks so pretty this time around. :allears: Max-kun!

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Davincie posted:

why would they make a film called mad max and not have the main character be max

'maxine furiosa'? weird name but no weirder than 'corpus colossus' I guess

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Speaking of weird names I love that every minor idiot gets a suitably dumb name in the credits. When I first heard of the Doof Warrior I thought it was some endearing fan name but no, it's his 100% canonical name and I love the movie more for it.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Oh what a lovely day

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Speaking of weird names I love that every minor idiot gets a suitably dumb name in the credits. When I first heard of the Doof Warrior I thought it was some endearing fan name but no, it's his 100% canonical name and I love the movie more for it.

Toast the Knowing.

• Locked thread