Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

death .cab for qt posted:

season 7 is great because of that alone. It spends 22 episodes dragging out one long dick joke for everybody and doesn't even try to apologize for it.

seasons 1 through 5 can suck it, barring the episodes with ""the trickster""

"What makes Dick so hard to beat?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
My ex insisted on watching Rosario + Vampire while I was in the room and I think it was purely out of spite, as I knew neither of us to much like anime, especially that harem bullshit.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
So is this just 7 pages of people listing shows they dont like or????

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Prude posted:

My ex insisted on watching Rosario + Vampire while I was in the room and I think it was purely out of spite, as I knew neither of us to much like anime, especially that harem bullshit.

this may actually be the creepiest, shittiest show i have ever seen

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

99 Headmates posted:

So is this just 7 pages of people listing shows they dont like or????

it's supposed to be shows your SO loves that are particularly annoying to overhear from another room or when you're otherwise not trying to watch yourself. hth all the people without girlfriends and boyfriends itt.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Junk posted:

my girlfriend watches intervention all the time and I have this thing about needles so yeah I could live without that. but they had this one guy the other week who was addicted to spice. what the gently caress kind of moron gets addicted to Spice? anyway, peace

uhhhh he needs it to successfully navigate his heighliner through foldspace, idiot

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
There's this Australian "drama" called Home and Away that a girl I know watches obsessively. Whenever I'm over at her place she always puts it on during the breaks from working on whatever project we're doing, but she's not my girlfriend so I don't have to pretend to like it, I just put my headphones on and listen to whatever music I've decided on for the week.

As far as I can tell the show is about...I think it's drug dealers who are male underwear models irl and always wear tank tops, and somehow it's also about high school girls? I think the drug dealers enemies kidnap the girls or something, but the girls really like their teacher so they tell the authorities that he raped them because apparently that's what the writers think 15 year old girls do when they like someone.

It's a pretty hosed up show.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

IronClaymore posted:

There's this Australian "drama" called Home and Away that a girl I know watches obsessively. Whenever I'm over at her place she always puts it on during the breaks from working on whatever project we're doing, but she's not my girlfriend so I don't have to pretend to like it, I just put my headphones on and listen to whatever music I've decided on for the week.

As far as I can tell the show is about...I think it's drug dealers who are male underwear models irl and always wear tank tops, and somehow it's also about high school girls? I think the drug dealers enemies kidnap the girls or something, but the girls really like their teacher so they tell the authorities that he raped them because apparently that's what the writers think 15 year old girls do when they like someone.

It's a pretty hosed up show.

It's a soap opera thats been on for like 30 years

e: heath ledger and the hemsworths started off on it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spakstik posted:

uhhhh he needs it to successfully navigate his heighliner through foldspace, idiot

gently caress the prequel books. Heighliners don't travel through an alternate dimension called "foldspace" they fold space.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

my favorite part of this show is the fact that the writers ran out of ideas after about season 2, and has spent the whole rest of the show turning it into basically a horror movie where the characters mix pointless relationship drama with dealing withthe constant grief from all their friends being murdered by guns, bombs, car crashes, plane crashes, diseases, knifings, building collapses, alien invasions etc lol. this is half because the writing staff has no creative way to generate conflict and half because they dont have the competence to think of any other way to let an actor leave the show.

i guess we can just put all shonda rhymes shows in this category?

lots of shows are like glorified soap opera but Grey's Anatomy takes the cake for being so egregious about it while trying to pretend to be a respectable prime time drama

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

yeha mindy herself can get old at times but the other characters are p much gold and im glad its getting another season on hulu

I watched a little bit of that show and wasn't really that into it but I could definitely tell that it was just my own personal taste and not because it was complete garbage like other shows I don't like.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FIRST TIME posted:

lots of shows are like glorified soap opera but Grey's Anatomy takes the cake for being so egregious about it while trying to pretend to be a respectable prime time drama

Why?? Why did that one doctor stop in the middle of the road to answer his cell phone?? :qq:

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
My bro in law was forced to watch several seasons of The Only Way is Essex. Seemed pretty deplorable.

Tripalium
Mar 20, 2009

coin coin connard

Junk posted:

but they had this one guy the other week who was addicted to spice. what the gently caress kind of moron gets addicted to Spice? anyway, peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Applewhite posted:

gently caress the prequel books. Heighliners don't travel through an alternate dimension called "foldspace" they fold space.

I never read any of the prequel books, I thought foldspace was how they referred to it in the originals

• Locked thread