Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

remember when like right out of the gate god tells Abraham to sacrifice Isaac just to see if Abey's dumb beta brain would go do it

Some folks will do anything you tell them. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

What kind of arbitrary rules does a Prime motherfucking creator run by?
Any kind it wants.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skander posted:

Any kind it wants.

LOL, don't masturbate.

True nough.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Geek USSR posted:

In the Genesis creation myth the people do not eat the animals before the fall of humanity and sin enters the world.

Therefore, God's original plan for creation is living alongside animals in peace rather than eating them. Until God one day redeems all of creation, please do not eat meat.

So be it.

god straight up calls them livestock and gives us dominion over them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
god doesn't want you to eat meat because if you only eat vegetables and fruits then you won't be poo poo. god is scared rear end bitch who knows a meat eater will easily gently caress him up

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if god didnt want us to eat meat I have a question: if man was supposed to follow his orders, why doesnt he just bellow out "DONT EAT MEAT" across the skies every year? man sure as hell isnt gonna remember not to eat delicious, succulent, meat.

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.
God says its cool to eat animals for the first time after Noah gets off the ark:

quote:

9:1
Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.
7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it.”

The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Z9cjKkqn4

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

poo poo that totally happened.txt

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*eats apple*

*is banished from paradise*

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

*eats apple*

*is banished from paradise*

fruitarianism is the root of all evil

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

LOL, don't masturbate.

True nough.

Nothing about jerking it in the Bible. Onanism (which people think is masturbation) is named after Onan, who felt weird about loving his dead brother's wife to continue the family legacy as was the way back in those days. He didn't feel so weird that he didn't gently caress her, but just weird enough so that he pulled out and jazzed on the ground. This may even be interpreted as God wanting chicks to swallow or get painted, depending on the translation.

VendaGoat posted:

Except on Friday. MOTHERFUCKER! You can't eat "meat" on Friday. What the gently caress is this poo poo? What kind of arbitrary rules does a Prime motherfucking creator run by?

God never said that. That's Catholic dogma, because Jesus died on a Friday, so... eat a tuna sandwich instead? It's pretty arbitrary, but a lot of things are for no other reason than to see if you can follow the stupid rules for the good of society.

VendaGoat posted:

You know what else is hosed up? An omnipotent, omnipresent being created an angel that would eventually rebel against him and introduce, even though it wasn't actually him that did the first introduction LOL, the knowledge of good, evil and death into mankind.

The fucker had to KNOW it would happen. Which means the asscock knew it before he even created Lucifer and sent him forth to do his bidding. Not to mention the fact, that once the Angel of Light, yes mother loving Genesis, volume loving one, line motherfucking three; "LET THERE BE LIGHT", started on his plan to thwart the ultimate power in the universe, the ultimate power could have just bitch slapped him out of all loving existence and erased all knowledge of him, for all time.

But noooooo, motherfucker with a white beard in a god damned cloud temple sent his "Son", imbued with the Almighty's power, to banish him and a third of his own creations, which the gently caress head would know would follow the Morningstar, through Chaos and into the hellfire Abyss of Tartarus.

All so that the Bringer of loving light would tempt a neophyte Eve into eating a cursed loving fruit, that the gently caress head of a creator put in the rear end loving garden with them, and imbue them with the curiosity, free will, knowledge of good, evil and death, that we all exhibit today.

Meanwhile, chuckle-gently caress god is just fondling his testicles, thinking about Abraham, in loving Valhalla, happy as a pig in poo poo about how clever he is that he created all this poo poo, KNOWING THAT IT WOULD loving HAPPEN.

He tips his loving Fedora and the fallen angelic host hisses their forms away into the phylum Chordata. Only to show up in a John Carpenter film or maybe some cock headed Mila Kunis Bourbon commercial.

And while the "Son" Is stroking his manhood in the Paradiso, Dante Alighieri is scrawling notes on a loving stone tablet and neck beard god says; "All according to my will"

Jesus Christ, I need a loving drink.

The thing people don't get about God is that reality is basically hands-off reality television for angels and demons and God and stuff. People get mad about this poo poo, but it doesn't matter, reality is what reality is, and bad things are gonna happen at some point. The Bible and Quran and various other holy books are just health codexes and general civilization handbooks there to give us a jumpstart to the point where we aren't a bunch of stupid tribals.

God needs his stories! :munch:

Thunder Moose posted:

God wants Five Guys right now OP.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Mathlete posted:

God says its cool to eat animals for the first time after Noah gets off the ark:

The word of the Lord. Thanks be to God.

adam and eve didn't have slim jims and now we are all sinners. do the math, vegans.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

adam and eve didn't have slim jims and now we are all sinners. do the math, vegans.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

fruitarianism is the root of all evil

seems pretty obvious; Steve Jobs was a fruitarian and even named his whole company after the fruit of knowledge of good and evil and he got struck loving dead

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

You know what else is hosed up? An omnipotent, omnipresent being created an angel that would eventually rebel against him and introduce, even though it wasn't actually him that did the first introduction LOL, the knowledge of good, evil and death into mankind.

The fucker had to KNOW it would happen. Which means the asscock knew it before he even created Lucifer and sent him forth to do his bidding. Not to mention the fact, that once the Angel of Light, yes mother loving Genesis, volume loving one, line motherfucking three; "LET THERE BE LIGHT", started on his plan to thwart the ultimate power in the universe, the ultimate power could have just bitch slapped him out of all loving existence and erased all knowledge of him, for all time.

But noooooo, motherfucker with a white beard in a god damned cloud temple sent his "Son", imbued with the Almighty's power, to banish him and a third of his own creations, which the gently caress head would know would follow the Morningstar, through Chaos and into the hellfire Abyss of Tartarus.

All so that the Bringer of loving light would tempt a neophyte Eve into eating a cursed loving fruit, that the gently caress head of a creator put in the rear end loving garden with them, and imbue them with the curiosity, free will, knowledge of good, evil and death, that we all exhibit today.

Meanwhile, chuckle-gently caress god is just fondling his testicles, thinking about Abraham, in loving Valhalla, happy as a pig in poo poo about how clever he is that he created all this poo poo, KNOWING THAT IT WOULD loving HAPPEN.

He tips his loving Fedora and the fallen angelic host hisses their forms away into the phylum Chordata. Only to show up in a John Carpenter film or maybe some cock headed Mila Kunis Bourbon commercial.

And while the "Son" Is stroking his manhood in the Paradiso, Dante Alighieri is scrawling notes on a loving stone tablet and neck beard god says; "All according to my will"

Jesus Christ, I need a loving drink.

The most hilarious thing about Christianity is that they constructed the idea of the Devil out of misinterpretations of the Bible. Satan does show up to tempt Job and Jesus, but in both instances he's actually working for God; he tempts these men not to corrupt their souls, but to test their faith in God. Every angel has their own job: Gabriel is the messenger, Azrael is the grim reaper, etc. Satan is just the dude that checks to see if certain people will turn on God if given the opportunity.

But then Christians mistakenly identified Satan as the Great Red Dragon from Revelations. Of course Revelations was not meant as a literal prophecy, it was written as a political analogy at a time when early Christians were being persecuted left and right by the the big empires back in the day - the Dragon symbolizes Rome, not some fallen angel. Even the name Lucifer refers to an earlier Canaanite god that ruled the underworld and has nothing to do with what we call the Devil.

Really I feel sorry for Satan (sympathy for the devil) because he's just doing what God told him to do and now he's some big scary boogeyman. Good thing it's all made up BS.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
Best non-god-related vegan argument around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UROxRLbVils Also gently caress vegans, no offense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
god speaks to me but he doesnt say anything about becoming a vegetarian. mostly just stuff about how people are plotting against me and how i should kill them. man, what a prankster He is.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dude he specifically requests his followers to eat his flesh and drink his blood. Why would he have problem with meat eating? He`s such meat-fan that he`ll even make himself the meal. Meanwhile the first fruit eaters (Adam and Eve) hosed up humanity. In conclusion fruits are of the devil, but consumption of meat and wine is pleasing to god.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hail Satan

*bites into a bacon double cheese burger*

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
If God made Adam in his image does that mean that God is made of meat?

I always thought he was made of crackers?

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
gently caress god that nigga don't know dick about poo poo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
God has come down from on high and given me a decree. I must strip naked and run through a Barnum and Bailey's circus, whilst signing the Oscar Meyer wiener song, eating a bacon double cheeseburger.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MantisToboggan posted:

The most hilarious thing about Christianity is that they constructed the idea of the Devil out of misinterpretations of the Bible. Satan does show up to tempt Job and Jesus, but in both instances he's actually working for God; he tempts these men not to corrupt their souls, but to test their faith in God. Every angel has their own job: Gabriel is the messenger, Azrael is the grim reaper, etc. Satan is just the dude that checks to see if certain people will turn on God if given the opportunity.

But then Christians mistakenly identified Satan as the Great Red Dragon from Revelations. Of course Revelations was not meant as a literal prophecy, it was written as a political analogy at a time when early Christians were being persecuted left and right by the the big empires back in the day - the Dragon symbolizes Rome, not some fallen angel. Even the name Lucifer refers to an earlier Canaanite god that ruled the underworld and has nothing to do with what we call the Devil.

Really I feel sorry for Satan (sympathy for the devil) because he's just doing what God told him to do and now he's some big scary boogeyman. Good thing it's all made up BS.

a lot of christians have trouble with 'metaphor' and 'allegory'

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

God has come down from on high and given me a decree. I must strip naked and run through a Barnum and Bailey's circus, whilst signing the Oscar Meyer wiener song, eating a bacon double cheeseburger.

inshallah

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
eating too much protein makes me feel bad, as does eating too little

prehaps, the truth is in the middle ?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Geek USSR posted:

temptation is everywhere

you eat a lot of cock, no?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MantisToboggan posted:

Word, yo.

Word.

Fredrik1 posted:

If God made Adam in his image does that mean that God is made of meat?

When I was a small child I was under the impression that I was creating a flesh golem in Heaven for me to inhabit when I died, and the materials were the Communion wafers and wine. It was kind of frowned upon for kids to drink from the chalice at Communion, never saw any other kid do it at any rate. Haven't been to Mass in years.

If child-me was correct, I have a lovely half-completed anemic flesh golem waiting for me, assuming I even get in.

(gonna get in unlike most of you fuckers)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

When I was a small child I was under the impression that I was creating a flesh golem in Heaven for me to inhabit when I died, and the materials were the Communion wafers and wine. It was kind of frowned upon for kids to drink from the chalice at Communion, never saw any other kid do it at any rate. Haven't been to Mass in years.

If child-me was correct, I have a lovely half-completed anemic flesh golem waiting for me, assuming I even get in.

(gonna get in unlike most of you fuckers)

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Hobohemian posted:

God called cain a little bitch when he gave him vegetables as tribute. He got so mad he threw a tantrum that killed his brother. What I'm saying is vegetarians are children and their fathers don't love them for it.

Yeah, it is kind of weird how the creation myths of a tribe of herdsmen end up saying how much cooler meat is than grain.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fredrik1 posted:

gods not white btw

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

1 Timothy 4:1-5 posted:

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Get thee behind me, OP!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

gods not white btw

But he is unleavened!

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011
Some of you become very angry when the gentle yolk of the creator is mentioned. A vegetarian diet is not a burden, but a celebration of all God's creation. Full participation in creation does not mean destroying it or taking as much as one can get, but seeking out joy in simplicity.

And it wasn't an apple in Genesis 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geek USSR
Mar 24, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

Get thee behind me, OP!

That's just Paul's opinion.

• Locked thread