Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Orlando Solar Bears all day every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

"pivots". loving finally. And it isn't called in the text Dynamic Pivoting System or something similar so it actually may work.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
We made a Youtube channel for our vast collection of clips. Everyone is now going through all their stuff so we can add more and more:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQgmCq77XqizeycmnzqlsQ

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Does anybody else have an issue where a player is skating toward and then right next to or standing over the puck and they just...can't...play the god drat thing despite it being...right there, with the stick waving over it? :fuckoff:

Custom arenas could be fun. Am I missing where there's single-player create a team in NHL 16 or did they get rid of that?

I like that they're expanding Madden-style ownership features to Be A GM. Hiring/firing your own coach would be fun. I just hope they don't make it so everybody but like 4 teams start the season with 50 contracts so nobody can make a god drat player-for-a-pick trade as I'm dealing with now.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Does anybody else have an issue where a player is skating toward and then right next to or standing over the puck and they just...can't...play the god drat thing despite it being...right there, with the stick waving over it? :fuckoff:

Sure. Better puck pick ups was actually one of the bullet points they had for 16. It's still really bad but in NHL 15 it was so absolutely horrible that 16 actually seemed to be improvement.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/743547631876640769?s=09

get hype

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I can't. Just can't.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
even though roster sharing was in EA games back in like Madden 07 we can't do it because we're incompetent idiots

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Played NHL 17 at E3. It feels the same as it always did. I'd love for them after something like 13 years to figure out how to make it so you can gather a puck after that awkward bump check where both guys just stand there and the puck is in a dead zone between them. Rather then just let it be weird and sit there.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

The game in it's pursuit to become more realistic has become less fun year after year. Core of the game is unresponsive jank that is neither fun to play or has any depth, but they just keep adding new half done systems on top to look more realistic. I'll buy it anyway because it's become like some ritual that can't be avoided at this point but I know exactly what I'm going to get.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I love that Rammer (basically) only answered one question and it was "no maybe later :shrug:" as per usual Rammer-Operating-Procedure.

e: The dude seriously just be renamed Chief HUT Operating Salesman since that seems to be the only reason for his existence at this point.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 18, 2016

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
They really did have a great opportunity at the turn of this new console generation to really gut and rebuild this game but instead they kind of just piled on the same old poo poo on the same old engine.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

soggybagel posted:

They really did have a great opportunity at the turn of this new console generation to really gut and rebuild this game but instead they kind of just piled on the same old poo poo on the same old engine.

Well, they did gut the whole game for the first release on new consoles, it's just that they didnt change anything when they finally added features back in.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The new NHL 17 Trailer with new cover boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wQHZVUKWGQ

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Official Gameplay Trailer*

* - does not contain any actual gameplay, only pre-rendered footage

Don't care, buying it anyway. $60 EASHL friend tax.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

What happens when your friends don't buy it

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
If you wait about a month after release it goes down to 30 bucks. At least it did last year on the PSN store.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

It was far later than a month after release. We all traded physical copies in for break even digital codes.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Just sell your copy of NHL on ebay in like May or whatever. That's what I do, I get ~$30 for it usually and with amazon prime a preorder of NHL 17 is $48.

By the time September rolls around, I actually want to play NHL again.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Did they seriously just show/animate a player Dab?

Ugh

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
http://www.pcgamer.com/fifa-ultimat...=buffer-pcgamer

Surely this FIFA Ultimate Team bug would have no implications in NHL though

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
This was already proven with a HUT Sidney Crosby vs John Scott where they were found to preform identical. It's available on YouTube somewhere / I think I posted it in the NHL 15 thread

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

They weren't completely identical, the difference was more like Crosby vs. player level or two below him like Stepan or someone similar. When it shold be Crosby vs. the slowest guy in the league. But anyway it was ridiculous.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

This was already proven with a HUT Sidney Crosby vs John Scott where they were found to preform identical. It's available on YouTube somewhere / I think I posted it in the NHL 15 thread

Yeah that was more that the NHL stats don't mean very much, whereas this is EA seemingly deliberately handicapping expensive FIFA cards to get people to keep buying better ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

17 thread is up

• Locked thread