Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
If you have a bottom rung office job like what you're describing, you're either a lowest common denominator retard or you're just starting out and are expected to deal with mind numbing bullshit for a few years before they let you touch anything meaningful in any way.

Not that there's not plenty of middle managers who do literally nothing every day, but generally by a certain pay scale you're held to achieving some kind of result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
All of these rants about regular jobs sound like they are coming from some trenchcoat mafia surly teen.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey now all three of those are freely mixed at all levels.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
:bump:

feel u bro, never working in office again lololol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I was fine with office work because the company was chil and there were beers every friday at 3. Then we merged and suddenly everything had to be spotless and timesheets, hour long monday morning meetings and signing an endless array of goodbye cards became the most important thing ever. So I had everyone sign a goodbye card for me and moved to the mountains and o skiing and ride my bike whenever I want. gently caress offices.

teleolurian
Jan 6, 2015

I show up earlier than everybody else and am alone in the zone for like three hours, after which I put on headphones

porkchop_express posted:

think about murder all day every day. lots n lots of murder

Also do this

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm a NEET op.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I mostly think about how at least i am in an air controlled building sitting on my rear end instead of doing manual labor out in the elements.

Also i can wear headphones so i just listen to music for extra help tuning out everyone and everything else.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i shitpost constantly and also drink at night

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I learned to stop caring and understand why people who have been here longer than 10 years go out of their way to do gently caress all.

Trick is to leave before your soul is crushed and you are completely useless.

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

To be honest, it starts with the hope of a permanent job. I am of the British working class, the lower end, and somehow managed to get employed in the civil service. Don't worry, Mail readers, it was an insignificant dept., but I was there. Absolutely no clue what I was supposed to be doing, but I faked it well, and somehow managed to not get sacked.

Years pass, and I become aware that I'm likely to start killing. Hopefully with a target in mind, but more likely anyone who breathed funny or said something stupid. Or just happened to be near me. I do have some issues from life, but the work poo poo was not helping me be as civilised as we pretend.

This is not good.

So I leave and am now wandering around a museum, sometimes explaining that both mummies and dinosaur fossils are real (actually had to do this) and not wanting to kill quite so many people.

So how do we drones deal with it? Not well, and I'd be cautious when in a government office - one of those cunts might be just like me. Just looking for an reason that justifies...

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
the trick with office work is to stay busy. when you're bored you start noticing how loud your neighbor chews her gum and that's when the murdering starts

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Frijolero posted:

I work at a warehouse currently. We're all hardworking men and women that actually do stuff all day. We also live in poverty.

i worked in a warehouse for a summer job once and while it felt good being exhausted at the end of a working day in a weird masochistic way i could never do that day in day out with the long corridor of my entire working life before me.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Ronwayne posted:

Yeah, still not sure why people talk about office jobs being the worst. After construction, warehouse, etc etc, being constantly and nearly killed by the weather, the area, coworker, etc, sitting at a computer is pretty rad.

ed: granted the warehouse job was just physically destroying, not mentally and emotionally. Sometimes I went out on the retail floor to drop something off and the customers would look at this unshaven, sweaty, dust covered hillbilly lurching through the isles and find some inoffensive dork to harrass. Sometimes being inherently repugnant has its upsides.

its not the worst by any means, I'm not saying that. being packed this close to people you didn't choose to be and having to put up with them for 8 hours is pretty weird when you think about it though.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

serious norman posted:

I'm a NEET op.

im jelly

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Dude I take hella benzos and play on the internet and get paid a lot and it's pretty easy but kinda bs that I have to do it 5 days a week

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

opus111 posted:

its not the worst by any means, I'm not saying that. being packed this close to people you didn't choose to be and having to put up with them for 8 hours is pretty weird when you think about it though.

Who would have guessed this weird, unpleasant person suffers from social anxiety.

"The drones, just sitting there, breathing, making their noises. I can't even..."

Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
lol if you dont have your own office

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

SSRIs, vending machines and obese single moms. whats not to love op?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
didnt read thread, did anyone say headphones? the answer is obviously headphones you piece of poo poo op

esn2500
Mar 2, 2015

Some asshole told me to get fucked and eat shit so I got fucked and ate shit
Cocaine

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!

Fusilli Jerry posted:

lol if you dont have your own office

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

SSRIs, vending machines and obese single moms. whats not to love op?

I worked more often with middle aged ladies whose cubicles were adorned with mementos from their yearly trips to Vegas. Also every goddamn email forward they got was absolutely true, don't go in the malls on Halloween god bless.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Agag posted:

Who would have guessed this weird, unpleasant person suffers from social anxiety.

"The drones, just sitting there, breathing, making their noises. I can't even..."

lol go post about the horrors of gamer gate somewhere and leave my cool thread alone.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Kumbamontu posted:

didnt read thread, did anyone say headphones? the answer is obviously headphones you piece of poo poo op

not allowed lol.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

opus111 posted:

lol go post about the horrors of gamer gate somewhere and leave my cool thread alone.

I'm going to lock you in an office with normal human beings until you cry.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
lol sorry your job sucks op, just cause your office blows doesn't mean all do

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
reading books and watching netflix is the real office life

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Daedra posted:

How do you manage watching poo poo at the office? Really need to know this cause i just got a bunch of king of the hills dvds and they aint gonna watch themselves

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Daedra posted:

yeah i took my kindle in today, rinsed 'christine', good feels at the end.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
opus111 vs agag: whoever wins, we lose

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

thathonkey posted:

How do you manage watching poo poo at the office? Really need to know this cause i just got a bunch of king of the hills dvds and they aint gonna watch themselves

i type the website netflix.com in my browser

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i work 24/7

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Dreaming of switching to a work at home job real soon now.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

opus111 posted:

if 12-13 years of public schooling didn't acclimatize you to that nothing will.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

opus111 posted:

if i lived in china i'd have gone crazy by now.

this is why suicide nets are a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

poo poo posting ain't a job ... its a way of life :clint:

• Locked thread