Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Bitter Mushroom posted:

it'd be cool if women were really good at science and poo poo, you know, to balance the sexes? oh well

'being good at the sciences' now-a-days means understanding some arcane formulation of numbers that means nothing to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
there's this hormone called testosterone OP

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Women have smaller lung capacity compared to their body because their uterus takes some of the lung space.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i think that a lot of ladies will have better cardio than dudes of their same age just because of the workouts they tend to do

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
People be confusing athletic, which is being in good shape, with being exactly as strong and powerful as men.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I mean, truly, why? I mean I know, genes, whatever, but thats not really an explanation. I feel like a lot of grumbling and bitching would be appeased if they were just more like each other.

I researched an article the other day, because I wanted to write about sports world records where women held the record over men.

Turns out, when it comes to achieving a quantifiable sports accomplishment, having larger muscles rules literally every time. Stuff that requires precision, like gymnastics, is owned by women, but that's not quantifiable.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

People be confusing athletic, which is being in good shape, with being exactly as strong and powerful as men.

Athleticism isn't how in shape you are, that's more covered by the terms stamina or fitness. Athleticism refers to a person's skills and in born talents, and the maximum potential of the person, that determine excellence in physical endeavors, in this case, setting the standards in top level competitions.

Some experts have defined athleticism as the quality of fine control along multiple muscle groups

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 21, 2015

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
There are biotruths.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I think I read once that women are worse at sports because every sport is designed for men to excel at, there are no sports where women are naturally better (but there could be). I think, didn't read it too hard.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Borrowed Ladder posted:

there are no sports where women are naturally better (but there could be). I think, didn't read it too hard.

not until we redefine tumblr and twitter as sports anyway

it worked for mobas, after all

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I think I read once that women are worse at sports because every sport is designed for men to excel at, there are no sports where women are naturally better (but there could be). I think, didn't read it too hard.

Women are better at archery and skeet shooting I think

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Borrowed Ladder posted:

lol

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Borrowed Ladder posted:

like fuckin what

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Waroduce posted:

like fuckin what

like what if cooking and cleaning was considered a sport

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

because from a young age females are typically discouraged from "boy" things such as sports. They never have the opportunity to learn how to do things at an early age like throw a football. This develops into not caring about sports or athletics other than running.

tl;dr
THE PATRIARCHY

this is what some people actually believe

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

more testosterone is the result of societal sexism

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

psyopmonkey posted:

Androgens make you fast, strong, aggressive, and angry.

Estrogen makes you fat, slow, emotional, and complacent.
Anger is an emotion.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Do you mean earth women?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

there are so many ladies who are more athletic than anybody on this forum, i don't really see the point of this thread besides hating on the ladies

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im sorry but the whole this argument is pointless because youre a fat sack of poo poo and there are olympic athletes out there is the lamest most played out poo poo ever lol

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

how many women could the average goon fight off? personally i don't know how i'd feel after getting touched by a woman for the first time so might be too flabbergasted to actually do anything, so i'm gonna say zero women as my own personal answer to the question.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

appropriatemetaphor posted:

how many women could the average goon fight off? personally i don't know how i'd feel after getting touched by a woman for the first time so might be too flabbergasted to actually do anything, so i'm gonna say zero women as my own personal answer to the question.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715427

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
short answer: society encourages them to be thin rather than healthy and those who at least do better cardio than you don't brag about it or display it in the form of muscle shirts

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i'd let emily blunt use my balls as a punching bag tbh

The Bible
May 8, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

How could you go outside looking like that?

:can:

How can you eat an entire loving block of cheese?!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The Bible posted:

romano was not ate in a single day

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

The Bible posted:

One slovenly, saliva lubricated, bite at a time.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

psyopmonkey posted:

How could you go outside looking like that?

:can:

I don't know.
Why don't you tell us.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Why are women less athletic than men as a whore?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

psyopmonkey posted:

Nah bro, thats weak bitch poo poo.

I agree

lol if you turn up the heat in anything other than a minimum of 30 Fahrenheit weather

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
women are good at loving and sucking dick :q:

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Wicker Man posted:

People be confusing athletic, which is being in good shape

it's not, though

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

women are good at loving and sucking dick :q:

some of them are pretty bad at it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

i'd let emily blunt use my balls as a punching bag tbh

:q:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

can't back out now

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
When will the power, frequency, and odor of womens farts equal those of men?

Only then will the sexes truly be equal.

And broads, take some pride in them, while you're at it.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

Windows 98 posted:

because from a young age females are typically discouraged from "boy" things such as sports. They never have the opportunity to learn how to do things at an early age like throw a football. This develops into not caring about sports or athletics other than running.

tl;dr
THE PATRIARCHY

women who train their entire lives to compete in the Olympics regularly get beat by some kids doing this on the side in high school. You are hopelessly ignorant.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe not as as acwhole but their mouth parts are pretty fit when it comes to yapping

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

bloodsacrifice posted:

women who train their entire lives to compete in the Olympics regularly get beat by some kids doing this on the side in high school. You are hopelessly ignorant.

i remember that chick who was so proud of deadlifting 400 pounds and throwing up all over the stage

i just did that 1 day a go and the floor is suspiciously not covered in vomit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
whoa I didnt know emily blunt was on SA.......... :blush: hi

• Locked thread