Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

Wait, Batman made a Danger Room out of Clayface? Okay.

Looks to me like Tim made a danger room out of Clayface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's loving horrifying. He keeps a Clayface clone prisoner to serve as his training room?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That's loving horrifying. He keeps a Clayface clone prisoner to serve as his training room?

No. The current run on Detective is Batman and Batwoman training Clayface, Red Robin, Spoiler and (ugh, this name) Orphan so they don't get wrecked by a doppelgänger Batman that's declared war on the Gotham capes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Clayface is a good guy now cause he got a page of pathos.

e: Not that I'm actually mad. I wish Batwoman's last team with Clayface on it turned that series around.
Also Jeff Parker's JLU about recruiting villains alongside heroes was way too short lived.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 21, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Clayface is a good guy now cause he got a page of pathos.

I don't blame anybody for not reading Batwoman after JH Williams III left, but Clayface has been a good guy for a while now. He was on a team with Batwoman, Ragman, Etrigan and Batwoman's sister Red Alice, the crazy one from Elegy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

I don't blame anybody for not reading Batwoman after JH Williams III left, but Clayface has been a good guy for a while now. He was on a team with Batwoman, Ragman, Etrigan and Batwoman's sister Red Alice, the crazy one from Elegy.

Did anything happen in that book to explain why Kate's the one against bringing him into the team, and Bruce is the nice one about it?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

Did anything happen in that book to explain why Kate's the one against bringing him into the team, and Bruce is the nice one about it?

Not that I can recall. I think it's just Kate being the hard rear end drill instructor of the team probably.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Did anyone else pick up Dark Night: A True Batman Story? I really enjoyed it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Did anyone else pick up Dark Night: A True Batman Story? I really enjoyed it.

That's the Dini autobio, right?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Gaz-L posted:

Tynion probably didn't bother reading anything of the run after the original team left, and you can't blame him. It was ok for a while but immediately took a downturn once they decided to make Kate a loving vampire and have her basically be a domestic abuse victim at Nocturna's hands.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

lotus circle posted:

Tynion probably didn't bother reading anything of the run after the original team left, and you can't blame him. It was ok for a while but immediately took a downturn once they decided to make Kate a loving vampire and have her basically be a domestic abuse victim at Nocturna's hands.

She wasn't a vampire, she was just drugged out of her mind.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

wiegieman posted:

She wasn't a vampire, she was just drugged out of her mind.

Andreyko also back pedaled out of her being repeatedly raped over several issues but he still wrote it that way and it was still horrible

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Andreyko also back pedaled out of her being repeatedly raped over several issues but he still wrote it that way and it was still horrible

Was this before, after or just actually when he has the vampire say, almost literally, that it wasn't rape because Kate 'wanted it'? Because that's not backpedalling, that's doubling down on horrifically offensive.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gaz-L posted:

Was this before, after or just actually when he has the vampire say, almost literally, that it wasn't rape because Kate 'wanted it'? Because that's not backpedalling, that's doubling down on horrifically offensive.

If I remember right people were dragging him on Twitter about it, he responded with something like "just wait for the conclusion of the story, don't assume you know what's really going on" and then the issue in question came out. So technically before?

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Gaz-L posted:

That's the Dini autobio, right?

Yeah. Batman and Batman characters only exist in there as voices of hope/doubt in Dini's head.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This is fun. Batman comic appearances in every US state.
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2015/07/04/knowledge-waits-batman-travels-to-each-state-in-the-united-states/

They should make an omnibus outta those issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 4, 2016

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That is a neat idea for an article, but is there a reason why no comic book website has a mobile version?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No DC makes me sad.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Detective Comics is going great, especially this week's issue.

Any Batwoman fans who dropped off should give the latest issue a go.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Detective is drat good. I'm happy to be back into the Bat books.

I've had this idea in the back of my head for years. A Detective Comics story with DC's best detectives. Who's on the team? So far I have: Batman, Red Robin, Elongated Man (with Sue Dibney), Martian Manhunter, Detective Chimp, Slam Bradley, the Flash. Probably Catwomwn too. Maybe Rex the Wonder Dog.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 17, 2016

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Die Laughing posted:

I've had this idea in the back of my head for years. A Detective Comics story with DC's best detectives. Who's on the team? So far I have: Batman, Red Robin, Elongated Man (with Sue Dibney), Martian Manhunter, Detective Chimp, Slam Bradley, the Flash. Probably Catwomwn too. Maybe Red the Wonder Dog.

What about that phantom dude that makes Tim drake poo poo his pants? Don't remember the name. The phantom?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That's just a natural response to Billy Zane's pheromones.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Die Laughing posted:

I've had this idea in the back of my head for years. A Detective Comics story with DC's best detectives. Who's on the team? So far I have: Batman, Red Robin, Elongated Man (with Sue Dibney), Martian Manhunter, Detective Chimp, Slam Bradley, the Flash. Probably Catwoman too. Maybe Rex the Wonder Dog.

The Question and the Riddler.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Die Laughing posted:

I've had this idea in the back of my head for years. A Detective Comics story with DC's best detectives. Who's on the team? So far I have: Batman, Red Robin, Elongated Man (with Sue Dibney), Martian Manhunter, Detective Chimp, Slam Bradley, the Flash. Probably Catwomwn too. Maybe Rex the Wonder Dog.

The Dead Boy Detectives from Sandman, Crimson Avenger.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
The latest Batman has me confused about how long Batman has been active in the new 52 or whatever.

So he saves Gotham and his parents when he was a ten year old boy or something. Now he's a full grown adult? So like 10 years ago or something? I thought Batman has only been active for like 5 years in the current timeline?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Since that scene would've have to have happened after Zero Year, there's no way they could be any older than Duke Thomas. Either the comic is about to explain how some Hugo Strange potion buffed them up with the powers, or :shrug:

Zero Year started over a year before JL #1, which was five years before the start of the N52's current day, and some degree of time has definitely passed since then. I dunno if that's been quantified exactly, but Damian just had a 13th birthday.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 24, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Since that scene would've have to have happened after Zero Year, there's no way they could be any older than Duke Thomas. Either the comic is about to explain how some Hugo Strange potion buffed them up with the powers, or :shrug:

Zero Year started over a year before JL #1, which was five years before the start of the N52's current day, and some degree of time has definitely passed since then. I dunno if that's been quantified exactly, but Damian just had a 13th birthday.

Damian was explicitly tub-grown to roughly ten years old in N52, as he'd have to have been born five years before Bruce became Batman otherwise.

I got the impression Gotham was a younger teenager in that flashback rather than a little kid. Plus Rebirth bringing back old continuity and the 'missing' ten years, everything's kind of murky and it's best to just roll with it.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 24, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Damien was explicitly tub-grown to roughly ten years old in N52, as he'd have to have been born five years before Bruce became Batman otherwise.

Yeah. I was just using him as an example of time passing since 2011, since he got a birthday cake in the Rebirth special.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know, after all these years I'm surprised Damian still gets his name changed to Damien every now and then.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You know, after all these years I'm surprised Damian still gets his name changed to Damien every now and then.

I actually have called people out on that before. I'm incredibly ashamed, but it was seriously like five minutes after I woke up.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I've given up trying to figure out everyone's ages long ago and so should you all.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Was Taters was the best for calling people out for Damian/Damien before it was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm not, they're both really common names.

• Locked thread