Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

This. This was my child hood. Got me to try Goo Goo clusters, which are tasty.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Half-life
Half-Life 2
Counterstrike
System shock 2
Quake 1-2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear
Battlefield 1942
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

the original ghost recon was pretty fun too

also missing from the list are teh dark forces games

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
didnt play it or read this thread, bu i remember every magazine giving hexen 64 bad reviews so ive always thought it was lovely oval office

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Half-life
Half-Life 2
Counterstrike
System shock 2
Quake 1-2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear
Battlefield 1942
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

okay i read the thread... no goldenye/perfect dark?

gently caress you obvious PC human being, suck my three pronged n64 dick w/ rumble pack AND take my expansion pack

buzz buzz bitch

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i had daikatana or however its spelled for n64

also had quake for n64

my sister and i used to parallel cable LAN quake co-op back in the day. we'd always freak out when that shambler thing came out in the first act. good times.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I wonder how long it will take until someone makes a better FPS game than Stalker. Imo that's the best FPS game so far.

I just tried Rage a few days ago, and while the guns feel good and the animations when you hit monsters are superb, the fact is that it's still yet another tuberun.

Did the world run out of good FPS game designers and mappers?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SnowblindFatal posted:

I wonder how long it will take until someone makes a better FPS game than Stalker. Imo that's the best FPS game so far.

I just tried Rage a few days ago, and while the guns feel good and the animations when you hit monsters are superb, the fact is that it's still yet another tuberun.

Did the world run out of good FPS game designers and mappers?

couple questions

Is stalker legit a good game?

and also what is a tuberun?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Quake was good as a coop game but sucked otherwise sorry this is my most controversial FPS opinion.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SnowblindFatal posted:

Quake was good as a coop game but sucked otherwise sorry this is my most controversial FPS opinion.

i dont think that would be controversial since co op games rule and every game is better if you can do co op in it

E: Option A: Play w friends
Option B: don't

its p easy choice imo

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
goldeneye human being

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nonviolent J posted:

goldeneye human being

prox mines were the best weapon set imo. besides the mines it also had cooler guns

also prox mines were hilarious.

i always played as the short guy because lol

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

couple questions

Is stalker legit a good game?

and also what is a tuberun?

Yeah Stalker has perfect balance of nice weapons, good AI, interesting locations and poo poo. Of course it's slightly buggy but who gives a poo poo when everything else works so well.

Tuberun is a game which doesn't allow any freedom of movement outside the specific path laid out by the map designer. See: practically every FPS game in the past 20 years.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SnowblindFatal posted:

Yeah Stalker has perfect balance of nice weapons, good AI, interesting locations and poo poo. Of course it's slightly buggy but who gives a poo poo when everything else works so well.

Tuberun is a game which doesn't allow any freedom of movement outside the specific path laid out by the map designer. See: practically every FPS game in the past 20 years.

Cool, I'll check it out then.

also, interesting point re: tube run. whats a FPS game thats an example of not being a tuberun?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

Cool, I'll check it out then.

also, interesting point re: tube run. whats a FPS game thats an example of not being a tuberun?

Deus Ex

Outside areas in Stalker

Doom

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i havent played hexen 2 but it sounds like metroid prime so its prbably bad.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SnowblindFatal posted:

Deus Ex

Outside areas in Stalker

Doom

my buddy got deus ex with a video card he bought but his PC otherwise couldnt run it somehow (lol owned) and he gave me the CD

i played it a bit and enjoyed it but i seem to recall it being sidelined in favor of AoE2 and TFC iirc

i know its a really good game/classic etc, but i never played it all that much, however, i do recall thinking the AI was pretty badass

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Fetus Tree posted:

my buddy got deus ex with a video card he bought but his PC otherwise couldnt run it somehow (lol owned) and he gave me the CD

i played it a bit and enjoyed it but i seem to recall it being sidelined in favor of AoE2 and TFC iirc

i know its a really good game/classic etc, but i never played it all that much, however, i do recall thinking the AI was pretty badass

"He's way too fast!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Soldier of Fortune II had pretty good online.

• Locked thread