Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Manatee Cannon posted:

if brimstone is all you're worried about, you could just sit at the top of the room since the bloat can't fire brimstone upwards

it can still hit you, but at least you're safe from the lasers :v:

Problem with that is the two of them were constantly jumping upwards, and every time they landed they shot out three explosive shots. Kinda hard to get above them when they're at the top of the screen. And then you have to worry about getting hit by a brimstone from off-screen while waiting for them to jump back down. Really though, this entire last session was mostly a case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Had that run, then had one where I got a new item and had to test it out in the Chest. Don't test out Glass Cannon when you have 7 hearts and four souls/black hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I actually like fighting the bloat because they didn't change the ai on his laser patterns. It used to work on Monstro 2 as well, but they fixed it. Basically if you stand in a location the bloat can laser he'll always laser, so you just swap between in front of him and to his side and he gets stuck looping between his two laser shots. It's not the easiest method, if you have spectral tears it's much better to stand behind him with rocks in the way but it does stop him from spreading creep and jumping which makes dodging the eyeballs a lot easier.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
All right, might as well explain some things because this LP went on for too long without any updates.

To be frank with everyone, this was not a Let's Play I was having any fun doing. There was really nothing left for me to say at the point I was at and we were still so far away from reaching a proper end to this. So the Let's Play stood there, collecting dust on the Internet until I'd dare to do something with it again.

I was thinking of giving the Let's Play a certain form of closure by at least having one final video where we get a Mega Satan victory. And I did have such a run recorded. But here's where things get really stupid.

In order to make room for other recorded projects, since my drive was running out of space, I deleted a few of my older Rebirth raw videos. Or at least, that's what I thought. It turned out I deleted the more recent ones instead. Dunno how the gently caress I managed to do this, but this is unfortunately what happened because all the remaining raw footage on my harddrive come from previous updates that are already live.

Sorry to bring this Let's Play to an anticlimactic ending folks. I wished it didn't end this way, but this is what happened. With that said, I have a new project incoming in the works, so stay tuned for that.

Take care all.

• Locked thread