Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

death .cab for qt posted:

This is actually a really hard final boss if you don't do certain side quests. Imagine playing this without the Great Fairy Sword, without infinite magic, without the white border on the heart containers, without the Gilded Sword, and with only two full-heal potions.

It took me an hour :gonk:

This, along with the run in general, has me wondering what a bare minimum / douchebag% run would look like. What's the critical path for finishing this game without going out of your way to help anyone? In my head it's something like

First cycle

Swamp-
Help Koume
Sneak into palace
Beat Woodfall

Mountain-
Get Lens of Truth
Get Garren Mask
Learn Lullaby
Beat Snowhead

Ranch-
Get Horse
Get Garo Mask

Ocean-
Get Zora Mask
Retrieve Pirate eggs (with one bottle :suicide:)
Retrieve Other Eggs (still only one bottle)
Beat Great Bay Temple

Canyon-
Get Captain's Hat
Get Song of Storms
Get Gibdo Mask
Get Mirror Shield
Beat Ikana Castle
Beat Stone Tower

Beat Moon

By my count if you just mainline it you're left with a hefty seven hearts, no Great Fairy bonuses, and one bottle. I guess it pays to be nice to people!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for an amazing LP. I'll be following you guys closely.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I should note that for Majora's Incarnation, Tatl's probably trying to tell you to use Deku Link. Just slam directly into his legs with a pirouette and he'll knock right over. Also, Deku Link's shield covers all around him so you're less likely to get sideswiped or backstabbed.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

This was truly a joy to behold, sirs! But, there is one question left on the table:

Did the Octorock ever get a name? I MUST KNOW!

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
Great LP! Thanks for showing off this run, it's a lot more intense than 100% speedruns and a million times more funny.

Are you still going to post the route? I wouldn't mind doing it casually.

See you in the next LP!

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
This was one of the most fun LPs I've followed, I can't wait to see what you guys tackle next! :dance:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Amazing LP. Great jokes, and good remixes. :toot:

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Dr Pepper posted:

Amazing LP. Great jokes, and good remixes. :toot:

Great LP good jokes and amazing remixes :toot:

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
This was great and I'd love to see more stuff from you two.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Good twist on a classic game. Good voices. Good jokes. Good remixes. Good LP.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
LP. Jokes and remixes.

Skipped adjectives to save frames.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Awesome work. I never would have thought this was possible, I could barely manage to beat all the bosses in three days, let alone the rest of the dungeons. And you guys have a really good mix of commentary, it's got character and personality without making it more about you than the game. I'll be interested to see what other stuff you do.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I just realized, you should have replaced the boss music with this, considering the boss was dancing alot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8

Medrex
Nov 17, 2012

Triangular. Nuclear. Loops.
This has been a really fun LP to follow. You guys were funny as hell and I hope to see more from you!

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

death .cab for qt posted:

This is one of the best LPs all year. Thanks for doing this, guys.

Planning any bonus videos for missed content that you really wanted to show off? Or maybe just a full schedule that you were following so we know what else you were planning to do but couldn't because you're loving trash at garren racing?

I don't think so. May do one last compilation video/song made from game assets, but not going to post any new dedicated gameplay videos.

Kurieg posted:

Great ride guys, when you say battletoads, do you mean the arcade version?

Please tell me you mean the arcade version.

NES was what I was thinking, but holy poo poo. George and I played through the arcade version last night, and that poo poo is out of control. Will probably do both (most likely before Sonic)

C-Euro posted:

This, along with the run in general, has me wondering what a bare minimum / douchebag% run would look like. What's the critical path for finishing this game without going out of your way to help anyone? In my head it's something like

<route>

By my count if you just mainline it you're left with a hefty seven hearts, no Great Fairy bonuses, and one bottle. I guess it pays to be nice to people!

This route seems right. You can be an extra douche and take the bottle from the beavers to make things a bit easier too!

azren posted:

This was truly a joy to behold, sirs! But, there is one question left on the table:

Did the Octorock ever get a name? I MUST KNOW!

I don't think they ever did, sorry. We are very indecisive about names over here.

Zombiebeard posted:

Great LP! Thanks for showing off this run, it's a lot more intense than 100% speedruns and a million times more funny.

Are you still going to post the route? I wouldn't mind doing it casually.

See you in the next LP!

I found my temporary route files! The final one got lost in a hard drive crash, but I have two here that should show the progression of the run. The most important part to route is the first day. After that, more or less the only scheduling necessary is Kafei/Anju and the milk run. The rest more or less came down to practicing various sections of the game after the first day.

Anyway, here's two hilariously wrong routes that I found. The first is just when I was trying to schedule all of the masks. The second is a very detailed account of the first day, albeit still not entirely indicative of what I ended up doing, particularly at night.

http://pastebin.com/4dSbJ0je
http://pastebin.com/shwTkPHj

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill
So are you gonna do a victory lap to clean up the last masks, get the rest of the jars, and maybe show off other weird stuff?

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

smokyprogg posted:

I don't think so. May do one last compilation video/song made from game assets, but not going to post any new dedicated gameplay videos.

emptyquote

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
Aw man that bites you lost the final set of notes. I totally forgot you posting on Twitter about your computer dying.

Oh well with some reverse engineering and the notes you have here it'll be easy to figure it out. Thanks so much!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

smokyprogg posted:

NES was what I was thinking, but holy poo poo. George and I played through the arcade version last night, and that poo poo is out of control. Will probably do both (most likely before Sonic)

The arcade version is awesome and to my knowledge never got ported anywhere. Glad to tip you off to it.

Tales
Jul 5, 2013

YggiDee posted:

I should note that for Majora's Incarnation, Tatl's probably trying to tell you to use Deku Link. Just slam directly into his legs with a pirouette and he'll knock right over. Also, Deku Link's shield covers all around him so you're less likely to get sideswiped or backstabbed.

This hadn't occurred to me, but it's probably correct. I was thinking they wanted you use that sweet Goron roll. That phrasing also got me thinking of what Gorons would consider a "sweet" roll and I wanted to make with the pun jokes, but all I can think of is basalty. :(

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I thought when it said "your own body" it meant to not transform into anything, but be human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
A bit delayed but it took me some time to catch up. Fantastic LP. I really enjoyed watching the different ways to go through the game and the various song remixes and jokes. I really enjoyed the whole process.

I look forward to seeing your other LPs in the future

• Locked thread