Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General_Malaise
Dec 28, 2004

Try the clams... I insist.
College Slice
Played a couple hours yesterday on that Equanimity server. After reaching level 85 it seems ok. I was impressed that a GM noticed I was new and talked to me through the petition window for 10-15 minutes, dropping a bunch of helpful 'get started' tips along the way. With all the custom features and items added into the game since I last played, it feels like there is a major learning curve.

I'd amend that leveling guide to cut out some of the porting around:

1-20 Do this where your character spawns. Just run up all the ramps to the buffer and kill the level 10 stuff. Should take 5 minutes max.

20-52 Port to Giran, do your class transfer and buy a D grade weapon. Don't bother with any armor or jewels. Pick Dion from the teleporter and select Cruma Marshlands. Find the bigass tower on the horizon and kill monsters as you run towards it. You should be level 35ish when you get there. Teleport inside and head to one of the rooms to the right or left. Kill stuff here until you're 52. If you want you can buy a C grade weapon from the NPC inside the tower but its not really necessary.

52+ Buy a B grade weapon and do your second transfer in Giran. After that follow the rest of Phay's guide. At 61 you can buy A grade stuff... I didn't bother to buy armor or jewels until that point and wore them until S84 when you get your free top end set with the newbie scrolls. The Cave of Trials area drops a ton of A armor enchants plus the server rewards you some some at key levels. Use these to max your jewels out at +7 and you can wear the A grade stuff until level 84.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Nanny
Jan 4, 2007
ftw m8.

General_Malaise posted:

Played a couple hours yesterday on that Equanimity server. After reaching level 85 it seems ok. I was impressed that a GM noticed I was new and talked to me through the petition window for 10-15 minutes, dropping a bunch of helpful 'get started' tips along the way. With all the custom features and items added into the game since I last played, it feels like there is a major learning curve.

I'd amend that leveling guide to cut out some of the porting around:

1-20 Do this where your character spawns. Just run up all the ramps to the buffer and kill the level 10 stuff. Should take 5 minutes max.

20-52 Port to Giran, do your class transfer and buy a D grade weapon. Don't bother with any armor or jewels. Pick Dion from the teleporter and select Cruma Marshlands. Find the bigass tower on the horizon and kill monsters as you run towards it. You should be level 35ish when you get there. Teleport inside and head to one of the rooms to the right or left. Kill stuff here until you're 52. If you want you can buy a C grade weapon from the NPC inside the tower but its not really necessary.

52+ Buy a B grade weapon and do your second transfer in Giran. After that follow the rest of Phay's guide. At 61 you can buy A grade stuff... I didn't bother to buy armor or jewels until that point and wore them until S84 when you get your free top end set with the newbie scrolls. The Cave of Trials area drops a ton of A armor enchants plus the server rewards you some some at key levels. Use these to max your jewels out at +7 and you can wear the A grade stuff until level 84.

Is there a good guide on how this servers rebirth thing works? Like what do you do after you hit max level?

General_Malaise
Dec 28, 2004

Try the clams... I insist.
College Slice
When I hit 85 it told me to talk to an NPC (Beverly I think?). The NPC text explains it thoroughly but the short version is you can either get reset to lvl 20 or 84 and receive some feather currency. The feathers can be traded to the same NPC for bonuses, like +30% resistance to stun etc. The NPC walks you through the process and you can look at the cost of all the bonuses as well as their effects.

I haven't tried it, but the mini-rebirth option sounds like something you'd do while farming money or drops because you might as well get something for your time instead of sitting at lvl 85 100%.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

General_Malaise posted:

When I hit 85 it told me to talk to an NPC (Beverly I think?). The NPC text explains it thoroughly but the short version is you can either get reset to lvl 20 or 84 and receive some feather currency. The feathers can be traded to the same NPC for bonuses, like +30% resistance to stun etc. The NPC walks you through the process and you can look at the cost of all the bonuses as well as their effects.

I haven't tried it, but the mini-rebirth option sounds like something you'd do while farming money or drops because you might as well get something for your time instead of sitting at lvl 85 100%.

Thanks for this, you're spot on, I've been on a few high zone (HZ) farming trips with my clan, which requires a group, and it seems like most people do the mini-rebirth before heading out. As mentioned, the feathers can be used to buy skills such as weapon resistance, random trigger effects (like a slow effect on people attacking you), sleep/bleed resistance, extra inventory space, and stuff like that. You can also use them at the GM shop (in the Luxury section) to buy chests which randomly reward you with some top end goodies like life stones and giant codices.

To answer Baby Nanny's question, after you hit max level there are a few options. Of course there's events, such as Team vs Team battles, but there are a lot of custom PvP events like King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, and a few others. There are designated PvP/farm areas if you want to just run around messing with people. There's also solo and group instances (10 hour cooldown) which give you currency to get top end PvP weapons/armor. There are a number of ways to get attribute stones and blessed enchant scrolls to max out your gear. And as with most servers, plenty of open world raids where some clan is almost certain to try to kill you while you do it. Currently I'm working on my subclasses to get a bit of extra defense for PvP.

Anyways, /friendinvite Micah if you catch me on and I can probably get you into the clan I joined, which has quite a few people and is primarily English-speaking. People have been pretty helpful and they are pushing to be an end-game presence so we're farming, sieging, and raiding regularly.

AshTheZombie
Apr 17, 2003
Undead
Alrighty, giving Equanimity a shot. There a clan going or something? In as Winona.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

AshTheZombie posted:

Alrighty, giving Equanimity a shot. There a clan going or something? In as Winona.

I'm not sure anyone else is playing but I joined a clan called NooP which is a very friendly/generally chill group that all speak English. Message me in game, my name is Micah and I can talk to someone about sending an invite your way.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Have the itch to play this again. Is anyone still playing? If so where and when? I tend to like the low rate or retail servers (a little grind is good, but not retail grind), having everyone at end game kills the game imo. Any servers that implement the awakening quest line that retail has?

Also, what is the botting program of choice and set up? There are so many now, it used to just be L2walker.

Would be sweet to chill with some goons at night playing this again.

dekciw
Oct 29, 2015
Been a month or two since I've played, but ZRanger was the standard for retail. Rare to find full groups on it, usually a few supports or something but targetting was still done live, same for pvp, it's a much better healer than 95% of live players.

Have never been able to stick to a private server for more than a week or two, but would be interested if there was a group playing on retail, either US or EU (ping isn't too bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Did the orc mage classes get nerfed super hardcore in the 5-whatever patch? Last time I played was on the old L2eXtreme server (goddess of destruction I think was the patch?) many years ago, and I sure don't remember stuff the same level as me taking ~30 casts of Steal Essence to kill as an Overlord/Dominator in full mage gear. Especially while leveling.

• Locked thread