Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Mariana Horchata posted:

i'm sorry but non coke snorting, swole, asian waifu Trent Reznor sucks imho

:horse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58HmCW9MR5g

^ peak NIN

:looks down at 37 year old dad explaining music to his daughter:
well lookey here folks, we gots ourselves a real gothboy on our hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Hobohemian posted:

I remember that month Dashboard Confessional was popular.

I remember liking their one song until like a few weeks later I listened to the words.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I think downward spiral is perhaps closer to goth than broken, but nin were/are industrial.

Fun fact: while working as a translator in Japan, siouxie's manager called our office to complain that juno reactors remix of stargazing was just their music with samples of her on it.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

One fun thing about goth girls is their is how they look. They are very meticulous in their makeup and appearance. Well, there are sloppy ones, but not those.

Some famous goth ladies:

staberind posted:

I think downward spiral is perhaps closer to goth than broken, but nin were/are industrial.

Fun fact: while working as a translator in Japan, siouxie's manager called our office to complain that juno reactors remix of stargazing was just their music with samples of her on it.

Whoa! Crazy!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I remember liking their one song until like a few weeks later I listened to the words.

Is that the one about blue jeans? That's the one I remember. I don't know if it was about blue jeans but they were definitely mentioned.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

did he really used to cry after playing songs during shows, or did ppl just say that just to talk poo poo about emo* music? i know in a lot of his songs he typically sounds like a toddler being dragged out of a toy store by the end of the tune

*emotional hardcore

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 23, 2015

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

*farts on a graveyard*

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
well, as emo is poo poo, who cares?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I don't know what emo is because I'm old. Is there are newer thing? I bet so…what is it…?

Here's a huge picture of goths at Bats Day in Disneyland. I only know this exists from an article in "Rolling Stone."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bats Day! That's funny.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Legoland seems like it's more of a goth theme park because it is the opposite of the happiest place on earth.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I.C. posted:

I don't know what emo is because I'm old. Is there are newer thing? I bet so…what is it…?

Here's a huge picture of goths at Bats Day in Disneyland. I only know this exists from an article in "Rolling Stone."

There's no way that photographer wasn't holding his breath whenever the wind shifted

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

pale skinny girls in dark makeup day?

sounds awful

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
loving goths!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z67IqrmygZY

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

I.C. posted:

Funny.

Also I thought Downward Spiral…?

nah, it's broken

NecroMonster posted:

pale skinny girls in dark makeup day?

sounds awful

with regards to the bolded word, wtf planet do you live on?

Sizone fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 23, 2015

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
goths are really weird

why would you want to be a goth, you should enjoy being alive and not gently caress fatties

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
World doth gay

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

By reminding people wearing all black that Arizona might not be the best place for them. For a whole lot of reasons

Eh, I came up gothish in AZ, it's hot no matter what you're wearing anyway.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
world doof day

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
heres a couple songs for those who think 80s blacklip music is crap

peter murphy - cuts you up
chameleons - soul in isolation

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I am going to celebrate by going to my local bar with an internet juke box, put in $20, and play Bela Lugosi's Dead a bunch of times.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Sizone posted:

with regards to the bolded word, wtf planet do you live on?

I actually know three skinny goth girls in my High School class.

One is still in the subculture trying to make it as an artist.
Another just jumped subcultures and became a metalhead, complete with a groupie lifestyle.
The last one turned into a full out soccer mom with a minivan and poo poo.

But yeah, most goth girls tend to be whales.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

generative grammer posted:

heres a couple songs for those who think 80s blacklip music is crap

peter murphy - cuts you up
good tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHYdJ8izRfs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I went to high school in San Diego and there were plenty of goths. I used to sit in a Goth's car during lunch and listen to Sisters of Mercy.

• Locked thread