Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I passed the local "grocery store turned into mega church with a woman pastor that speaks in tongues" and it had a banner out front saying CHURCH SECURITY SEMINAR WEDNESDAY.

I thought it was funny but did not realize this is a thing

http://ministry-of-defense.com/about-us/

It has finally come together. The love of God, Guns and country has reached the perfect zenith. Now every loving fat open carry republican dad can hopefully live out his fantasy of protecting his family and his church from nigg.... musli.... people who wish to do them harm and being a hero before god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
really wish these ppl and isis would just really seriously going at it and wiping each other out...i mean they should really despise each other so why not?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

there are literally dozens of biblical examples of more than one person striving for a goal

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

FACT: If you're a parishioner you're LEGALLY LIABLE to form a protective wall of corpses around your pastor

it's the law.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
The only person I could think of who legitimately needed church security
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93scar_Romero

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if i raid a satanist vampire's unholy chaotic castle repeatedly and keep finding pristine nun's habits neatly stored all over the drat place with no mutilated corpses of women in sight, what does that say about nuns

naem
May 29, 2011

vampires suck

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Mariana Horchata posted:

really wish these ppl and isis would just really seriously going at it and wiping each other out...i mean they should really despise each other so why not?

Something that tells me that if ISIS fought a bunch of people who think that having a meeting with their church friends at the Olive Garden off of Exit 83B is military training, the wiping-out would be pretty one sided.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

When the conservative militias roam the earth, the Liberation Theology militias will rise up in response. Imagine Shia-Sunni violence but worse. I'm looking forward to it.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

lmao

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

oh lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:aslol:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
dont make me rebuke a bitch

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

hemophilia posted:

When the conservative militias roam the earth, the Liberation Theology militias will rise up in response. Imagine Shia-Sunni violence but worse. I'm looking forward to it.

Actually I imagine it will be exactly the same. Still down with it, though.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Is the lion pit still operational?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

BigBoss posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Becket

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
This is somewhat unrelated but I used to work as a church bouncer and it was kind of a cool job. Essentially I would hang out in the office/meeting area attached to the church and make sure homeless people wouldn't come in and poo poo up the bathrooms before the congregants had a chance to poo poo in them first. I liked being able to tell mentally ill homeless people that "we can't accommodate you today sir" and similar. I also could ban people which was neat too. There was a locally famous homeless man who always caused a huge problem and I would get to kick him out weekly. There was a great long hallway from the street into the office area so I would usually intercept him there. Never had to get physical with anyone or anything just thought it was fun enough to kick people out which seemed really unchristian or something. My title wasn't church bouncer or anything but since I didn't have a title I made my own.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Matthew posted:

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.…

loving retards

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I hope video games provide enough of an outlet for hero fantasies so that the next generation of bored old men don't have to resort to this nonsense.

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012

BigBoss posted:

What about that preacher in Florida that was burning korans?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
my tiny little local church looks like a fortified military bunker. it's got like 8ft high industrial-looking steel fences with spikes on top, razor wire all around the roof, lights everywhere. Doesn't look too welcoming.

naem
May 29, 2011

I lived next to a classic old Dutch reformed style something church in northern Manhattan, you know like a real Protestant church and not these evangelical stadium weirdos, and they let this nice homeless guy live inside one of the crenellation things and sweep the sidewalk (he scared away the less nice homeless guys I suspect)

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Maybe if they weren't such enormous cunts they wouldn't need security.

naem posted:

I lived next to a classic old Dutch reformed style something church in northern Manhattan, you know like a real Protestant church and not these evangelical stadium weirdos, and they let this nice homeless guy live inside one of the crenellation things and sweep the sidewalk (he scared away the less nice homeless guys I suspect)

fuckin lol

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 24, 2015

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i hope they all shoot each other when hopped up on prescription medicine

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
The peculiar American version of Protestant Christianity is only a small nudge away from fascism. And theology which not only excuses killing but transforms it into a sanctified act is at least as old as the First Crusade.

Theology aside, seeing overweight Evangelical militiamen being rolled over by the police state will make for entertaining television.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
http://www.wtae.com/news/gun-goes-off-in-altoona-church-during-mass/32202174

quote:

Police say a man had a gun in his pocket and it discharged when he stood up. The bullet grazed the man's hand.

An Altoona newspaper reported the trigger caught on the man's pants and the gun's safety was not on.

It's unclear why he brought a gun into church.

he wanted to shoot god

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
But god's everywhere you dont gotta be in church to shoot him. Im jerking god off in bed right now for example

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Woah

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
So between hiring security consultants to keep the gay muslim horde at bay, hiring image consultants to try and dupe gullible young people into thinking that they're totally hip and with it, and donating to lobbyists fighting against gay marriage does any money donated to the church actually make it to charities or are they not even pretending anymore

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

I would have thought having guns and also being holy in an ironic way is cool in the same way warhammer 40k space marines are cool

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LMAO if your church needs a security guard instead of trusting your protection to God.

Jesus is my bouncer.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
It's really ironic that these super-new crazy American protestant denominations have actually gone full circle. They would loving love an all-powerful charismatic head of their faith, that decrees violent crusades, and spends an inordinate amount of money on massive, impressive churches and snappy clothing.

tl;dr Evangelicals actually just want the Catholic Church of the Crusades and Inquisitions.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

glowing-fish posted:

Something that tells me that if ISIS fought a bunch of people who think that having a meeting with their church friends at the Olive Garden off of Exit 83B is military training, the wiping-out would be pretty one sided.

im pretty sure you could throw the redneck pickup truck brigade at isis on an open field of battle and itd basically be a fair fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

im pretty sure you could throw the redneck pickup truck brigade at isis on an open field of battle and itd basically be a fair fight

ISIS is probably more physically fit, though.

• Locked thread