Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria considers her options. If she did anything now, the chefs could catch wind of it, or taste test and find out something's wrong. Which would waste their time, sure, but it'd probably be better for them to show up with a weirdly sour sauce despite all their efforts.
Moreover, if she gets seen by the Orc Lady, well, it'd be a pretty bad situation.

Daria decides to scoot over by the edge of the water, ready to dash in when the time is right and Ms. Lee wasn't looking. She glances over at the monks. Did they have that replica yet?

I'm just gonna move to the edge of the island closest to the Orc kitchen. Staying in the water if need be, out of sight for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The monks filter up to the edge of the water. One of them quietly places a glass pitcher filled with clear, sparkling water on the edge of the canal. It's an uncanny match for the Ewer--the only thing that's different, and you can only tell by looking hard, is that the handle is clear--the real one has some kind of letters carved "floating" inside the handle.

The Grandmaster, meanwhile, has scared up a box from somewhere and is using the same voice-amplification trick as he watches the action. "Astonishing coordination! In a one-two shot, the Red Team lifts the plate of carved chicken right out from under White Team's knives and sends it spinning back to their kitchen! Cuisinart is reeling, but his assistants have picked up his slack and are--yes, they've pulled the same trick! They've cut through the other chicken, and another heaping helping is already on the way back to their kitchen! It's almost too fast to follow!"

The Sous Chef moves up and claims the +0 Cooked Chicken, handing it off to the Brigadier, who spirits it back to their side of the field!

INITIATIVE, ROUND 1

Mr. Cuisinart
Allesandro Caccini
(Daria Damsel)
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts
Orc Sous and Orc Brigadier

>Lieb'fried

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Lieb'freid

Leibfried takes the chicken as it arrives and wasting no time moves it in a fluid motion to the cutting board. He draws from under the counter two cleavers and begins chopping so rapidly his hands are a blur, and yet the motions are so percise no spare chiken parts are wasted (Lightning chopping style"!) and soon he has neatly chopped pieces of chicken. Leibfried has a steely look of determination, his brows furled.

Cooking through anger! (Dex+"I create with anger"): 1d20+8 26

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Astonishing! Such knifework is highly unexpected from an amateur chef! There may be something to this group that we haven't been told!"

Cuisinart snarls, grabbing a big bag of what looks to be some kind of bread mix from the ingredient table and a glass jar with a thick brown fluid in it. He bolts back to his stations, barking orders at his assistants as he pulls out a large bowl and starts mixing and kneading, setting to work with a fervor!

Chop and Roll: 1d20+9 24

"Ah, but the Orc Cuisinart isn't giving up the fight in the first exchange! He sets to furious motion, and we can begin to see the recipes taking shape!

= = =
After Ingredients comes Preparation. Do whatever you have to do to get the ingredients ready for actually cooking the dish. Mixing, marinading, all the prep work. This stage is all about technical skill. Remember that you need one main dish and one side dish. The focus is on the main course, but it can't stand without a side!

INITIATIVE, ROUND 2

Mr. Cuisinart

>Allesandro Caccini
(Daria Damsel)
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts
Lieb'fried

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria paddles back over and carefully, slowly picks up the fake Ewer, giving a thumbs up to the monks as she does. Then, with a bit of difficulty, swims back to the middle isle. She's not totally careful about getting river water into the jug, but, well, who cares, really.

At the edge of the arena, she pauses. This would be the biggest heist in her career. This thing would be the creme de la creme of her work. She could make the finest beers, soups, maybe even just serve glasses of water... All she had to do was take it from under the Orc Lady's nose. If she noticed her, well, Daria would probably be done. Literally, well done.

Daria tries to shove the thought out of her head. All she had to do was wait for the Orc Lady to get distracted by Do or Lieb'Freid or Allesandro... the Cuisinart and his sous chefs would be too busy cooking... Now!

Daria swoops in to the table holding the Ewer of Endless Water.

Dex + Poacher: 1d20+10 22
Its, ah, up to you how far you think I can get in my technical two move actions, Redeye

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

"I will handle side sauce for your dish loud one.", referring to Lieb'freid.

Do did not have time to grab other ingredients necessary to prepare for his dish. He looks over to Allesandro Caccini,
"Would you mind grabbing me a yogurt, cucumber, cilantro, green onions, coriander, cumin and some mint por favor?"

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raita)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Caccini gathers the last of the ingredients, letting the hefty tray slide onto a position between Do and Lieb'fried as he settles in to prepping for the sauce and the naan bread.

Preparing the Sauce: 1d20+6 18

Meanwhile, across the way, the Orc Sous-Chef gathers a big handful of vegetables and storms back to his tables, where he and the assistant begin hard at work chopping and dicing for something--probably their side!

Chop Chop: 1d20+3 21

INITIATIVE, ROUND 2

Mr. Cuisinart
Allesandro Caccini
(Daria Damsel)
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

>Lieb'fried

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Lieb'freid

Leibfried got a bowl from below and began blending ingredients, yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, Cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger (of course, freshly chopped form a root) and salt.

"Hey, you wizard! Calcinni, " he calls over to the wizard. "Chill this."

Edit: Cooking through anger! (Dex+"I create with anger"): 1d20+8 18

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 13, 2015

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

With a flourish, Cuisinart finishes his mixing and begins dolloping his blend of chicken, bread, and broth into a muffin tray.

Chicken and Stuffing Muffins: 1d20+9 16

The Grandmaster nods. "Ah, I see now! Cuisinart is going with a classic orc trail recipe, chicken and stuffing muffins. This is traditionally done with leftovers--stretching a larger meal to ensure nothing goes to waste! Certainly a bold take on 'preprepared!'" Cuisinart brandishes his dish into the preheated oven, and begins working on something... using the ewer sitting in front of him.

Nobody seems to have noticed it's not quite the one that started the battle there...

This is the main phase of the battle, Cooking. From now until the end of the battle the main dish is to be prepared. It has its own health bar--in this case, a measly 20 HP to start, but it gains health over time as the dish comes together. The Ingredient bonus is added now; any bonuses from the prior phases of battle get added up at the end. Of course, if you were meaning to fight back, now would be the time. Attacking other chefs is extremely improper, but sabotage in the kitchen is a long and time-honored tradition... speaking of, Daria succeeded at a fairly tough threshold, and the Ewer of Endless Water has been successfully replaced with the fake! The fake confers no bonuses, unlike the Ewer, which is... well.

Also. Anyone notice anything?

INITIATIVE, ROUND 3

Mr. Cuisinart

>Allesandro Caccini
(Daria Damsel)
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts
Lieb'fried

onepiecekenny
Apr 2, 2007

Which side is the head?
Riceball "Jelly" Donuts

(I assume Do got his ingredients Raita sauce for the main dish.)
Mysterious Cook/Do first washes his hands thoroughly. Then he angles palm and then slams down onto cucumber slicing the cucumber in half. Then with quick succession the cucumber get sliced and diced by his palm as if he is using a very sharp knife. He repeats this step with all the ingredients and mixes them into a bowl, creating Raita.

Lets create the sauce for the main dish! (Dex+Naked Cook + Escalation Die): 1d20+4+5+1 18

(Oh nat 20 Also I used wis so roll should be 24)
What was that? (Perception Wis+Escalation die): 1d20+4+1 25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Daria Damsel

Daria crouches behind the table, clutching the Ewer in her hands. Well then. That's part one finished.
Daria looks at the others. They're cooking valiantly, and its looking pretty good from here... But really, aren't they just here for the Ewer? Daria offers a silent hope for the others, but their first priority needs to be keeping this safe.

Daria casts a glance towards the Orc Lady. She's watching Do cut vegetables with his bare hands. Daria quickly moves back for the waterside, and begins to plot out an escape route.

Dex + Poacher: 1d20+10 16 sneaking away

• Locked thread