Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
my birthday is in august and as it so happens incubus and the deftones are playing at the pnc bank arts center that day so my roommate surprised me with tickets

i've never listened to either band. i can't even think of a song by either band. i saw the deftones open for black sabbath in like '99 and they got stuff thrown at them and when pantera came onstage the dusthead singer was like "why the gently caress are the deftones on this tour?" but thats all i know about them.

are they good? what songs or albums should i check out between now and august? don't wanna look like a fuckin scrub who doesn't know what to sing along to

oh and she also surprised me with a pair of jncos to wear to the show which i thought was extremely nice, they're black with a big eight ball on one of the back pockets all covered in cool flames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
how long is ur wallet chain????

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
Around the fur, white pony and diamond eyes are all good deftones albums. I liked the first three incubus albums but I'm pretty sure their sound is really different now.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
lol at the thought of people singing along to the Deftones.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
incubus bad deftones awesome

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
*high pitched voice*

IN THE YEEEEEEEEEAR TWOOOOOOO THOUSSSAAANNNDD

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

deftones loving kick rear end and put on a really great show

listen to the album diamond eyes for a good index of their overall sound. their early, pre-white pony stuff is way, way different though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woAcXSMyCEw

incubus are not very good and them touring with deftones makes about as much sense as that time coheed and cambria toured with linkin park.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
incubus and deftones makes a lot of sense if the promoter is targeting 30 year old men who smoked a lot of weed in high school

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
wait isnt one of the guys in deftones stuck in an iron lung or something?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shiksa posted:

wait isnt one of the guys in deftones stuck in an iron lung or something?

that was chi cheng, their original bassist. he died in 2013.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Cubey posted:

that was chi cheng, their original bassist. he died in 2013.

shame.

did they at ;east bring him on stage and lay a plugged in bass on top of him to provide ambient feedback?

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
Just go and enjoy the the sight of 30 year olds pretending they're still 15. Is nu metal still nu?

I saw deftones about 15 years ago on their back to school tour, lead singer hosed up the lyrics to Change and they didn't even play back to school. Linking park and taproot supported whatever happened to taproot?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

back to school is a loving terrible song though, why would you be sad that they didn't play it

even the band hates that song

also what happened to taproot is what happened to pretty much every bad nu metal band: they fizzled out when the genre fizzled out.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i actually had forgotten that incubus even existed until now thanks alot rear end in a top hat

311 way better high school freshman stoner music.

idk anything about 'Deftones' though aside from having :horse: on their album covers...their like 'Tool' right? whats the difference?

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 23, 2015

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
If Death From Above 1979 is playing at that show you are a lucky motherfucker.

I bough tix just for them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mariana Horchata posted:

idk anything about 'Deftones' though aside from having :horse: on their album covers...their like 'Tool' right? whats the difference?

lol deftones are nothing like tool. not even the song they did with the dude from tool sounds like a tool song.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

deftones lol

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
incubus is a good touring band. grab a couple of their cds and listen. like their third and fourth, i dunno their names. grenade something.. i've seen incubus like 9 times I think. not because they're my favorite just coicidentally every time they've come around somebodies had an extra ticket and invited me. had a good time every time, not stellar (oh, one of their songs is called stellar, its okay) but pretty fun. i'd go see them again definitely if someone else bought the tickets.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
thanks guys i think i'll be ready for the show now

Cubey posted:

that time coheed and cambria toured with linkin park.

lmao that was the weirdest loving show

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

the deftones fuckin own

incubus can gently caress off

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Deftones used to be the hands-down best show. Saw them a bunch of times in between 1999 and 2002. Dunno about Incubus.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Cubey posted:

lol deftones are nothing like tool. not even the song they did with the dude from tool sounds like a tool song.

A really loving good song.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This is gonna be a bitchin show, I'm jealous brosef

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Ninefingers posted:

Around the fur, white pony and diamond eyes are all good deftones albums. I liked the first three incubus albums but I'm pretty sure their sound is really different now.

OP is posting from 15 years ago, so I think Incubus is still OK.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Both of those bands are good, I'm not crazy about the Deftones but I like Incubus, however I think you should go see Pantera instead

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
incubus has some good songs but i dont know if they play them at their concerts nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGzjtKmk9H0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPbblshGl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9CzRR77z50

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Incubus still plays their old (good) stuff at concerts. Probably more of it than their new stuff, even they know it sucks.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

the lead singer of deftones chino or whatever drink at the same bar as me all the time and he seems like a pretty approachable guy but i've never talked to him because i never listened to the deftones also because i am a goon

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the great deceiver posted:

the lead singer of deftones chino or whatever drink at the same bar as me all the time and he seems like a pretty approachable guy but i've never talked to him because i never listened to the deftones also because i am a goon

you should probably listen to deftones, they are a good band that makes good music.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Cubey posted:

you should probably listen to deftones, they are a good band that makes good music.

yes they actually started out in my neighborhood here in sacramento and all my friends growing up loved them. i don't know why i didnt listen to them...maybe i am a bad person

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

to be fair i did see a team sleep concert once

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the great deceiver posted:

yes they actually started out in my neighborhood here in sacramento and all my friends growing up loved them. i don't know why i didnt listen to them...maybe i am a bad person

i know plenty of ppl who think alkaline trio is like the greatest band ever and it takes a lot to not suggest that maybe they like them a little more than any other interchangeable pop-punk band because theyre from chicago

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul

Mystery Steve posted:

Just go and enjoy the the sight of 30 year olds pretending they're still 15. Is nu metal still nu?

50 year olds pretending they're in their mid-20's is more like it

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Deftones and incubus are playing at an outdoor venue 5 mintues from my house. I don't like Incubus but deftones are cool. Problem is, the venue has seats up to the stage and that's lame as heck. The only open area is the grassy hill behind the seats.

I'll just open my window and turn off my computer and I'll be able to faintly hear it from here.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Like why do you even have seats at a place where concerts are performed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Overbite posted:

Like why do you even have seats at a place where concerts are performed.

cause the concert caters to old people i guess?

i mean, it's incubus/deftones, the average fan is going to have a 401K and a second wife

• Locked thread