Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I always feel bad when I see a fat bride because that is as good as it gets for the guy until the divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

TEAYCHES posted:

with a big iron on his hip

Don't be afraid.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Neukoln19 posted:

describe your wedding.

describe it in detail.

did you have a honey moon?

what happened to the marriage.

can gays get married?

describe your wedding.
I married my wife in a church. It was a fairly big deal for me. Also for her. It was 1989.

describe it in detail.
Don't remember too much. I was kinda busy, and it was a bit of a blur. I do remember a few things.

We got married in a Baptist church. It did not have a central aisle. We went in up one aisle, and out another.

We had a problem in that the music director of the church had quit three days before our wedding. He had nothing to do with it, but he owned the church's organ (Actually a very nice synthesizer) and took it with him, leaving no instruments for our wedding. Luckily one of musicians had one he could bring in. On the day of the wedding, the vocalist was caught in a traffic jam (this was before cell phones) and arrived about 2 minutes before he was supposed to sing. He was slightly winded from running from his car.

Our friend was conscripted to videotape the wedding from the balcony, mainly because he was the only person we knew who owned a video camera. For reasons we don't fully understand he taped the bride's entrance, stopped taping right after that, then resumed when we were halfway down the aisle, walking out.

The ceremony lasted a little less than a half-hour. It was kind of like Thanksgiving dinner. Huge amounts of prep and over fairly quickly.

Yes.

Still going strong after 25 years.

can gays get married?
Depends on circumstances and location.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

genesplicer posted:

describe your wedding.
I married my wife in a church. It was a fairly big deal for me. Also for her. It was 1989.

describe it in detail.
Don't remember too much. I was kinda busy, and it was a bit of a blur. I do remember a few things.

We got married in a Baptist church. It did not have a central aisle. We went in up one aisle, and out another.

We had a problem in that the music director of the church had quit three days before our wedding. He had nothing to do with it, but he owned the church's organ (Actually a very nice synthesizer) and took it with him, leaving no instruments for our wedding. Luckily one of musicians had one he could bring in. On the day of the wedding, the vocalist was caught in a traffic jam (this was before cell phones) and arrived about 2 minutes before he was supposed to sing. He was slightly winded from running from his car.

Our friend was conscripted to videotape the wedding from the balcony, mainly because he was the only person we knew who owned a video camera. For reasons we don't fully understand he taped the bride's entrance, stopped taping right after that, then resumed when we were halfway down the aisle, walking out.

The ceremony lasted a little less than a half-hour. It was kind of like Thanksgiving dinner. Huge amounts of prep and over fairly quickly.

Yes.

Still going strong after 25 years.

can gays get married?
Depends on circumstances and location.

:3:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hatsune miku is mai waifu, so yes.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Was engaged to a nut job Russian in mid 00s, dodged that bullet thankfully.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I've never been married, but I like making ex-wife jokes.

"I dunno what happened man, it was just full of holes then all these bugs started comin' out!"

"Kinda like my ex-wife!"

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
While I am an idiot in many ways, I'm at least intelligent enough to realise that marriage will inevitably end in divorce, no matter what.

If I wanted to spend half my savings on something, I'd take a vacation instead. Even the worst vacation usually doesn't end up in court.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
LOOKING FOR: god fearing good muslim woman, must cook. Subserviance is a GODLY TRAIT. has to give wicked good head.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Sold BBQ ribs at work today with a dude that's married and all he wanted to do was talk about how hot the women were, which was fine with me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

No, and I never will be, due to my host of mental diseases and personality defects rendering me severely unlovable, op.

Jackfruited Stormtrooper
Feb 15, 2007

master of his domain
I was married once. I still am, but I wouldn't do it again. The officiant looked like Zach Galifianakis.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I'm common law married does that count

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Everyone that went said our wedding ruined all future weddings for them so I guess we did something right- I planned for fun instead of fancy hoity-toity poo poo and it was really fun and good

There was a goon table, and the exotic animal presentation went sideways when a serval flipped the gently caress out and ran back into her cage. Which was probably the coolest wedding my 5-10 year old nephews will ever see.

Everything went great except for the DJ loving a bunch of things up but we were having too much fun to care. Still, don't hire that guy he played dumb poo poo like "Sugar Pie Honeybunch" six times during cocktail hour.

Our honeymoon was two weeks on a small Caribbean island and will probably top most vacations we will take in our entire lives.

We are married less than a
month but it's cool so far, I find myself just a little more mature dealing with problems.

Gay people are people and citizens just like me and should have all the same rights. Gay Divorce Court will be a rad reality show at one point.

Bastard Tetris fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 24, 2015

Screaming Hand
Jul 30, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I got married in Las Vegas.

Our families were not present, got the license at the courthouse around 11pm or so and got married the next day. This was planned - we flew in that day, and flew out again a couple days later. Secular ceremony performed at a cute little chapel near our hotel by a cool ex-military pastor guy.

Marriage lasted the statistical average for first marriages in the United States: 6.5 years.

So you got married to a dude, right?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Screaming Hand posted:

So you got married to a dude, right?

Nah, it was a normal heterosexual marriage. That's pretty much all there was in 1998 anyway.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Bastard Tetris posted:

Everyone that went said our wedding ruined all future weddings for them so I guess we did something right- I planned for fun instead of fancy hoity-toity poo poo and it was really fun and good

There was a goon table, and the exotic animal presentation went sideways when a serval flipped the gently caress out and ran back into her cage. Which was probably the coolest wedding my 5-10 year old nephews will ever see.

Everything went great except for the DJ loving a bunch of things up but we were having too much fun to care. Still, don't hire that guy he played dumb poo poo like "Sugar Pie Honeybunch" six times during cocktail hour.

Our honeymoon was two weeks on a small Caribbean island and will probably top most vacations we will take in our entire lives.

We are married less than a
month but it's cool so far, I find myself just a little more mature dealing with problems.

Gay people are people and citizens just like me and should have all the same rights. Gay Divorce Court will be a rad reality show at one point.

which island?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs81piYG2G8

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

No, and I never will be, due to my host of mental diseases and personality defects rendering me severely unlovable, op.

Same. I am sooooo sick in the head.

Lieberhaeschen
Jan 15, 2008
Little by little the terriers make us free!
I'm married right now and it's pretty cool

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Been married three times. A high turnover rate keeps things fresh, but it gets a little expensive.

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

I enjoyed being married. It made me feel like an adult. I'm now widowed. I would not recommend the widowed part.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

Been married three times. A high turnover rate keeps things fresh, but it gets a little expensive.

Are you in your 3rd marriage now, or already done with it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

YerAuraBoresMeAlice posted:

I enjoyed being married. It made me feel like an adult. I'm now widowed. I would not recommend the widowed part.

:(

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bastard Tetris posted:

Our DJ left off a bunch of Must Plays, hosed up the garter toss music, played a bad cover of Blue Sky instead of the album cut off of Eat A Peach, and let his daughter dance around like an idiot and get into a bunch of wedding photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

redshirt posted:

Are you in your 3rd marriage now, or already done with it?

I'm in it to win it.

Plus I instituted a "No mental illness" rule after the first two.

• Locked thread