Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

So Chris Weidman has never been defeated and Fedor Emelianenko was defeated many times, mostly by Bigfoot Silva, who lost to Andrei Arlovski, who also is great. All what I'm saying is UFC 187 is proof that Chris Weidman is a great fighter and Andrei Arlovski is a great fighter but Chris Weidman is undefeated and won't lose. Except maybe to Rockhold who provides an interesting challenge but if Chris Weidman beats Luke Rockhold then he truly is Fedor Emelianenko.

Win 13–0 Vitor Belfort
Win 12–0 Lyoto Machida
Win 11–0 Anderson Silva
Win 10–0 Anderson Silva
Win 9–0 Mark Muñoz
Win 8–0 Demian Maia
Win 7–0 Tom Lawlor
Win 6–0 Jesse Bongfeldt
Win 5–0 Alessio Sakara
Win 4–0 Valdir Araujo
Win 3–0 Uriah Hall THIS GUY STINKS THOUGH
Win 2–0 Mike Stewart
Win 1–0 Reubem Lopes

Post about your favorite Weidman wins. Mine is when he beat Vitor bElfort in like 1 minute and it felt good. I will update this when a gif is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
My favorite was when he murdered Mark Munoz so bad referee Josh Rosenthal went to prison.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

uriah hall does suck

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Agony and Ecstasy of Being A Wide Fan.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

im a Very casual ufc viewer (only watch fights with name fighters/that get buzz) but chris weidman in fact owns for real

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i watched chris weidman do cool poo poo tonight so i like him

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
If Brazilian psychics could hurt Weidman the way they hurt Fedor he would not have handily won his last four fights against national heroes. QED

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Lloyd Boner posted:

My favorite was when he murdered Mark Munoz so bad referee Josh Rosenthal went to prison.

That is such a god damned beautiful elbow strike.

My favorite Weidman fight is still the first Silva win. I missed a lot of great things in the sport coming into it late but I got to watch that live and see a torch get passed that night.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I don't have undying love for Weidman and think he's the coolest person in the world like some people here do, but he is extremely good at fighting.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

I don't have undying love for Weidman and think he's the coolest person in the world like some people here do, but he is extremely good at fighting.

Anderson Silva will always be my favorite fighter for getting me hooked on the sport. That being said Weidman is a worthy successor, more than I could have imagined.

You only need to remember that Chris Weidman originally wanted that fight versus Vitor to happen in Brazil. He was bummed when he couldn't do it in front of a Brazilian crowd. I love that dude's attitude even before you begin to examine his ability as a fighter.

He can buy all the expensive dogs he wants.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwgY2S2kn2g

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
It's cool how he is good at fighting and has struggled incredibly to make it to where he is and does not duck the best opponents available or hide behind his manager to make insane demands or else he won't fight.

But then again I did hear from some weird guy on the internet that he was possibly a jock in high school so

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

he's very good at fighting and good at being handsome, op.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Chris Weidman once called Dana White and said he'd fight Jon Jones on short notice. Chris Weidman knows no fear.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Trast posted:

Chris Weidman knows no fear.
Excellent post. I want to explore this a little more for a moment. What gives Chris Weidman no fear? Could it be that he's... invincible?

in back to back fights Chris Weidman shows his Aura of Invincibility. Few in the sport ever achieve it. in fact Fedor is the only other guy to ever be invincible. Dan Henderson never really knocked him out.

If you need any more proof, look at UFC store's official T-shirt for Chris Weidman last night:

http://www.ufcstore.com/catalog/product/Mens_Chris_Weidman_Black_UFC_187_Invincible_T-Shirt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Always bet on Weidman. Always.

I mean figuratively. Don't ever bet money on MMA.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

No, Fedor only lost because his opponents used an energy transference machine during Fedor's fight, to transfer his fighting spirit to his opponent.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Weidman v Fedor would actually look exactly like Weidman v Vitor except without the adversity

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Always bet on Weidman. Always.

I mean figuratively. Don't ever bet money on MMA.

It has in the past been a pretty good proposition to bet on chris weidman in mma

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[affecting the voice of a jealous hater] i hate my low quality dog and poor wrestling skills

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Bubba Smith posted:

If you need any more proof, look at UFC store's official T-shirt for Chris Weidman last night:

http://www.ufcstore.com/catalog/product/Mens_Chris_Weidman_Black_UFC_187_Invincible_T-Shirt

that's an awful shirt tbh. i'm not a weidman fan anymore

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

For whatever reason I can't find the Fedor thread that weird man posted. Anybody have a link handy?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
wasnt he that guy that Silva broke his leg off of?

that was cool

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
My absolute favorite part of the Vitor fight was when Weidman's dad pushed Rogan out of the way the way and yelled, "Oh! OH! Wait a minute! Wait a minute!" Then whispered something in his kid's ear and walked away yelling "That's my boy!" I was dying laughing. Long Island as gently caress.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Justin Godscock posted:

wasnt he that guy that Silva broke his leg off of?

that was cool

Yeah Weidman talked about it and he was like "Silva did some loving brutal low kicks to me so I trained up a bunch against low kicks and it kind of paid off a lot better than I expected actually".

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Chris Weidman legit looks like Clark Kent.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Trast posted:

That is such a god damned beautiful elbow strike.

My favorite Weidman fight is still the first Silva win. I missed a lot of great things in the sport coming into it late but I got to watch that live and see a torch get passed that night.

That beating of Munoz always bothered me, because if there's anyone out there who doesn't deserve something like that it's Mark Munoz. Such a great person, and Rosenthal let him get thumped like he'd stumbled on a hidden drug warehouse or something.

The first Silva win was one of the only times I can remember that our department actually took a mid-shift break to watch highlights because the description of it was so ridiculous. We weren't all MMA fans, but everyone knew who Anderson Silva was, and to hear THAT happened to HIM... well, people wanted to see what went down.

acejackson42 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 25, 2015

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I did laps around my house while about 9 Anderson Silva sherdog superfans looked like ":stare:" after 162.

It was very satisfying because I had said for weeks leading up to the fight that Weidman would win (alot of people on this forum also said this) and my friends basically looked at me like I was stupid. And when Silva was taunting I was getting alot of poo poo despite Silva actually not doing anything.

UFC 162 was the closest I've ever come to ejaculating during a sporting event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
he is milquetoast though

• Locked thread