Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Frackie Robinson posted:

This doesn't look anything like South Texas.

I know, right?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Do they even discuss slavery? As a native Texan I think it's important fellow Texans know that the whole revolution was due to us being racist rear end in a top hat slave owners who kicked all Mexicans out of our country-state, even the ones who helped us win the war in the first place. I'm sorry, Juan Seguin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Basically I'm saying this show offends me as a Texan.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Did the Mexicans live peacefully with the natives of the "lost provinces"

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

I know, right?

I was telling my friend who's a YANK if you can believe it to buy land on the Red River cuz it'll be beach front any day now.
Therefore this map is accurate. jk jk what channel is this on again?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

I.C. posted:

I was telling my friend who's a YANK if you can believe it to buy land on the Red River cuz it'll be beach front any day now.
Therefore this map is accurate. jk jk what channel is this on again?

WGBS

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693974&pagenumber=21#post445836696

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Im a northern Liberal but i have fantasies of being a redneck. Useing the n word, shooting a silver pistol, and wearing a big old hat. I'll watch a couple of eps and then post on my facebook about how sourthern i am, and how nuanced the history of the south is, moreso than i realized.

lol we hang carpetbaggers like you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also i cant watch this show because the geography is so incredibly wrong, all the east texas locations which should be woods or swampy poo poo are filmed in like big bend. also the history is completely wrong but hey, at least sam houston is a badass

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'd watch it if were a King of the Hill prequel.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Haven't watched it yet, the history channel is trash...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

My Uncle actually did this, he moved from upper state new york to Alabama and then Georgia.

He also bought and currently lives in a Cabin

His name is Tom.

and every family event(or even going to 7-11) he can't loving wait to show you the gun that he has in his overhauls.

what are overhauls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epoch.
Jul 24, 2007

When people say there is too much violence in my books, what they are saying is there is too much reality in life.
texas is a goddamn cesspool. hopefully this documentary full of lies will incite them in some unforseen way to re-kindle their succession ideas and :getout: already.

• Locked thread