Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ArbitraryC posted:

In ear for when you're not home over ear for when you are home what idiot ever buys on ear and why do they make them.

it doesn't totally drown out the world around you which is beneficial sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

skull muthafuckin candy

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I got some skull candy earbuds and they're p cool

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I got these

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8323

and they sound better than any headphones I have had before, and are even objectively better than Beats when tried back-to-back.

Headphones are a scam. But Monoprice headphones, or buy counterfeit Beats from the flea market if you want to look fancy.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mooktastical posted:

I don't just hate the rich because of jealousy. I'm sure that's a big part of it, but the real problem I have is that they can be just as self centered and short sighted as the rest of us. If I ever get to the point where buying something like this seems reasonable, I hope someone blows my loving brains out and feeds my remains to pigs.

But Audio Gifts for Dad.

I have Sennheiser HD650s and I don't think I will ever spend more than that for the reasons stated by Dog House.

Diminishing returns and all that....

EDIT: Also ^^^^

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

spud posted:

But Audio Gifts for Dad.

I have Sennheiser HD650s and I don't think I will ever spend more than that for the reasons stated by Dog House.

Diminishing returns and all that....

EDIT: Also ^^^^

had a pair of these. they are as loud outside the cup as in lol. also i destroyed them pretty quickly. they sound amazing. sennheiser hd280 pro is #1 sound quality value/$.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Mooktastical posted:

An argument can be completely true while also being bad. I did the math, for I have the sperg, and I apparently could've bought about 261 pounds of rice for what I spent on those. Care to extrapolate how much rice Demonachizer's cans would buy? My point was that I'd hope that if I was ever in such a position to afford something like that, I would feel great guilt in spending it that way instead of something more noble. Thus, were those that think it's ok to pour $20,000 worth of champagne into a pool to be, say, crushed into diamonds and shot into the sun, it would be just and good.

also, and i really hate to have to spell this out, over ear>iem>on ear

Yes but how many bags of rice did you actually buy for the poor last year? I gave approximately 25,000 USD to the WFP last year. I will leave the number of pounds of rice that is as an exercise for the reader.

EDIT:

Please feel free to follow suit and donate 38 dollars (the cost of your headphones).

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 28, 2015

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Demonachizer posted:

Yes but how many bags of rice did you actually buy for the poor last year? I gave approximately 25,000 USD to the WFP last year. I will leave the number of pounds of rice that is as an exercise for the reader.

EDIT:

Please feel free to follow suit and donate 38 dollars (the cost of your headphones).

i, too, screenshot my charity reciepts and post them online to win arguments and pat myself on the back for giving myself a tax deduction

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i, too, screenshot my charity reciepts and post them online to win arguments and pat myself on the back for giving myself a tax deduction

:feelsgood:

Also lol that you seem to think that a charitable donation is somehow a net gain for me due to a tax deduction.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 28, 2015

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Mooktastical posted:

An argument can be completely true while also being bad. I did the math, for I have the sperg, and I apparently could've bought about 261 pounds of rice for what I spent on those. Care to extrapolate how much rice Demonachizer's cans would buy? My point was that I'd hope that if I was ever in such a position to afford something like that, I would feel great guilt in spending it that way instead of something more noble. Thus, were those that think it's ok to pour $20,000 worth of champagne into a pool to be, say, crushed into diamonds and shot into the sun, it would be just and good.

also, and i really hate to have to spell this out, over ear>iem>on ear

jealous man :/

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
holy gently caress demonchazier straight owned this whole thread lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Demonachizer posted:

:feelsgood:

Also lol that you seem to think that a charitable donation is somehow a net gain for me due to a tax deduction.

where did i say net gain

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010

Flo Cytometer posted:

why did you buy some lovely overpriced headphones?

The super soft over ear pads are really comfortable to use for long periods of time. They fold up not brilliantly but good enough for carry on luggage. When theyre on your ears you dont notice the creaky all plastic materials at all. They isolate or muffle out ext. sound well enough for plain and train noises and those goddamn safety instructions blaring over the terrible speakers that they crank up once the engines start spinning (without requiring loving batteries get the hell out with that)
They sound allright2me. Solid 50mm drivers. They are bassy and their supposed to be, cymbals suffers a bit but vocals and such are great.
An old ipod classic drives them well enough for podcasts, and puts a nice blanket over the poo poo audio quality of an old ipod classic and podcast recordings.
A new ipad drives them super well.
Throw an amp on it and they will beat your head in with no distortion at all, they seem more indestructible than some in ears buds ive tried. And you can gain some of the non bass sound back.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I like my on ears for home and work use gently caress all haters

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

like, why would you not want headphones to give you a heady

Yeah you put that feature on some headphones and $300 for a pair doesn't sound so bad

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Necc0 posted:

it doesn't totally drown out the world around you which is beneficial sometimes

Just use open air over ear headphones, they tend to be slightly higher quality for the same pricepoint than closed ones anyways.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Gonna file this thread as a tax write off next year

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Demonachizer posted:

EDIT:

you just posted a screenshot of your charitable donations to a gbs thread about headphones and cock sucking

lol

just lol

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

you irl posted:

you just posted a screenshot of your charitable donations to a gbs thread about headphones and cock sucking

lol

just lol

You should show us all up, it'll be fun.

Demonachizer posted:

EDIT:

You're an idiot, this post is loving stupid on multiple levels, but I can kinda afford it, so here goes:

Does this mean you have to donate another 11 grand now? What's your upper limit on charity chicken? My car will be old enough to vote next year; want to do it for automotive spending too?

I saw the bank thread. You've got over 3.5 mil not even considering assets, so I fail to see how $25,000/yr is anything other than an annual fart in the wind. Given your obvious proclivities for spending inordinate amounts on frivolities, I'm fairly sure that you could stand to give orders of magnitude more than you do. But good job with the donation to win an argument on the internet, though. Good things can happen for bad reasons.

Also Doobman, you paid too much for lovely cans, congrats on being dumb. :thumbsup:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Mooktastical posted:

You should show us all up, it'll be fun.

You're an idiot, this post is loving stupid on multiple levels, but I can kinda afford it, so here goes:

Does this mean you have to donate another 11 grand now? What's your upper limit on charity chicken? My car will be old enough to vote next year; want to do it for automotive spending too?

I saw the bank thread. You've got over 3.5 mil not even considering assets, so I fail to see how $25,000/yr is anything other than an annual fart in the wind. Given your obvious proclivities for spending inordinate amounts on frivolities, I'm fairly sure that you could stand to give orders of magnitude more than you do. But good job with the donation to win an argument on the internet, though. Good things can happen for bad reasons.

Also Doobman, you paid too much for lovely cans, congrats on being dumb. :thumbsup:

You should spend less time counting other people's money and making ridiculous assumptions on what they do with it. 25k to WFP doesn't mean that the sum of charitable giving in FY2014 was 25k. I generally give ~20% of net.

I feel like this thread is just going to be some weird poo poo ouroboros at this point so cheers and all that. Keep being negative and pissy with people and making weird assumptions. I will show myself out.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Demonachizer posted:

You should spend less time counting other people's money and making ridiculous assumptions on what they do with it. 25k to WFP doesn't mean that the sum of charitable giving in FY2014 was 25k. I generally give ~20% of net.

I feel like this thread is just going to be some weird poo poo ouroboros at this point so cheers and all that. Keep being negative and pissy with people and making weird assumptions. I will show myself out.

I'm not saying you should live like a monk, just that 4k for headphones is ludicrous, and you should feel bad for it.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Being an audiophile is gay. Lol f you don't oh listen to lo-fo and podcasts

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
faggots coming out of the woodwork itt

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

^

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
literally lmao if ur so pauperous that u dont have the literal exact artist u want to listen to jetted in directly to ur own private auditorium to perform their music live for u personally and have their lyrics rewritten to be about u that u listen to while laying on top of a pile of sensually writhing minks while strippers pour melted dollar bills on top of u just smdh if ur that f*cking poor that u cant do that

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
ayy bruh w/ the 28 million dollars slide a couple hundred g's my way im a highly valued content creator

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
itt baby goons get to learn why you don't publicly challenge what you consider to be conspicuous consumption under the guise of 'think of the poors'

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Necc0 posted:

itt baby goons get to learn why you don't publicly challenge what you consider to be conspicuous consumption under the guise of 'think of the poors'

I regret nothing :regd08:

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Any cock in this thread yet? Not reading a bunch of posts about headphones, of all topics. Point me to the schlongs or move along; just don't post about headphones, for God's sake.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

ilikedirt posted:

literally lmao if ur so pauperous that u dont have the literal exact artist u want to listen to jetted in directly to ur own private auditorium to perform their music live for u personally and have their lyrics rewritten to be about u that u listen to while laying on top of a pile of sensually writhing minks while strippers pour melted dollar bills on top of u just smdh if ur that f*cking poor that u cant do that

dang, thats old school mideval monarchy style ballin

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just wanted to say that I got these yesterday and they are DANK, thanks OP. Comfy as heck too. I got it from Amazon Warehouse for $55 and the wrap was still on so that's rad. Amazon Warehouse, so dank right now.

The people who were talkin some poo poo on the "on ear" headphones, suck a dick cuz you missed out here.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
I need to try out some Beats sometime. Everyone tells me they sound like poo poo, but I use fun headphones all the time when I'm not mixing audio and inaccuracy doesn't bother me if whatever's being done to the frequency response still sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

ilikedirt posted:

a pile of sensually writhing minks

Lol

• Locked thread