Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Great LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

TheDemon posted:

Congrats on finishing the campaign. I find it interesting that there was only the single USA invasion scenario, as if taking Washington would have somehow wiped out all desire to fight or something. Well, not that it would have been even remotely possible to invade in the first place, but yeah. I remember playing Panzer General 2 and you had to attack the Oak Ridge facility in addition to the invasion.

In the remake panzer corps the standard non dlc campaign has 3 USA invasion scenarios: East coast, midwest, and west coast. starring such wonderwaffen as: the maus, the Dora railwaygun, and the one of the weird prototype amerka bomber planes! :getin: :killdozer:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
This was a great LP, thanks for posting it! I'd happily read another thread of you annihilating some other AI in a hex and chit game.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Thefluffy posted:

In the remake panzer corps the standard non dlc campaign has 3 USA invasion scenarios: East coast, midwest, and west coast. starring such wonderwaffen as: the maus, the Dora railwaygun, and the one of the weird prototype amerka bomber planes! :getin: :killdozer:

Lmao at transporting any of that across the Atlantic.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
To be fair, all three are full of hot air, so I'm sure they'll float.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

You just put your giant tank inside the giant plane, problem solved! (Other stuff you get by laying down railway tracks along the seafloor across the Atlantic.)

Ending the war in America always felt more like just a little extra bonus than a fully-fledged alternate timeline. More care was put into the Moscow/Sealion end of things.

As for future plans ... I have Pacific General (the GoG version), and I think since it's the end of the line of the original 5-star engine, and it rounds out World War II, I'd like to go on to LP it. The only thing is, I've never played it outside of messing around a bit to get a feel for the new naval mechanics. There isn't too much out there about it either in the way of guides.

So if it's okay to ask here in this thread, I'd be open to suggestions about how to go about the LP. I'm considering several options at the moment.

Option one would be to go and figure out how to get through the game on my own, and then come back with a path of my choosing where I'd likely beat the game. That'd be pretty similar to this and the Allied General LP.

Option two would be to showcase that process -- go through each scenario and figure out how to beat it and how it fits into the campaign. I kind of like this idea, but it would likely mean a much longer time for updates, since I'd be working out the system as I go. It'd probably also be a more mechanics-based LP than narrative as well; instead of one solid run through the battle there'd be mis-steps and reloads.

A third option would be to just go in blind, and let the chips fall where they may. If I get knocked out too early I might restart; the downside here is that although there is an improvement in the game that helps you know how well you're doing in a battle, there's no knowing if I'd actually get to show off the campaign path since that still seems opaque.

Thoughts/opinions welcome.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I think a blind LP would be cool and sort of reflective of the mindset at the time, although starting with Midway is going to be a real "deep end of the pool" start.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Go with Pacific General and the first option, that process worked very well for both Allied General and this game.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 30, 2016

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
You could always play the new Order of Battle games. Well, the game with it's DLCs.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Option two sounds great actually! I'd second the order of battle games as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Kangra posted:

As for future plans ... I have Pacific General (the GoG version)

Yes! I was hoping that was next! try to get some practice runs in it though so I can a lazy poo poo and use your LP as a walk-though of sorts, as the US campaign starts with the battle of midway and that is a hell of a mission to start off with. :sweatdrop:

Edit: poo poo, turns out updating to windows 10 messed up my GoG copy of Pacific General. :saddowns:

Thefluffy fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 30, 2016

• Locked thread