Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
Redd

Hearing the faint whispers, Redd realizes that they haven't actually been attacked yet. He draws another arrow, but doesn't fire.

"Stop!" he calls. He's ready to attack, but he wants to see these things make a move first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lakana

Keeping her arms at the ready, Lakana tries to keep herself between her companions and the mass of the wispy figures. She hesitates when Redd speaks, and holds her position, ready to strike should a hostile move be made.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Shorolin

Shorolin didn't care about what he assumed was simply nonsense from Redd.

Damned if he was going to let these things get closer. His focused remained at keeping the barrier up.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Debris Field Edge

Unnamed Island Interior, Workshop

The circle of mysterious figures continues to mass around the barrier of light, and you. The air in the room grows misty and chill as more of the whatever-it-is they're made of sprays away in slow motion from the spots where they come into contact with the shield.

It's getting really cold in here, actually. What do you do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Shorolin

"I don't think this is working all that well. We should probably start destroying these things before they become too many to fight off..."

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
Redd

"I don't think a bow is going to do a whole lot. I'm open to suggestions though!"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody's gotta make a decision and act, before the heat turns up some more

or down, as it were

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lakana

No way to retreat and nothing in sight that looks like it will be much of a help. The situation seems pretty dire. But desperate times call for desperate measures. It's a long shot, but what are the chances this place has a basement? Lakana decides to find out. Raising a foot, she puts the strength of her suit behind it and brings it down on the stone floor, hoping that if nothing else, the sound will ring hollow and give her hope.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Shorolin

Shorolin, straining himself, looks onto Lakana in a worryful hope. Would be nice if we could get out of this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012
Redd

Well, if there wasn't a basement, there was always the other hallway they didn't try. Redd readies himself to make a break if Lakana's plan doesn't bear fruit.

I'm so sorry for going off the grid. Had a pretty dire family emergency. A lot of what I was doing online got lost in the shuffle.

• Locked thread